Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese Royals News  (Read 581670 times)
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1590 on: September 02, 2021, 03:47:35 PM »

Congratulations, charming Mako! Lots of happiness and good luck.  Champagne

https://www.hola.com/real...a-mudanza-estados-unidos/
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #1591 on: September 02, 2021, 09:03:35 PM »

Happy news for Princess Mako at last !
Multiple media reports today about her eventually marrying Kei Komuro before the end of this year... But with an unprecedent way of getting married for an imperial princess.

Princess Mako, a niece of Japanese Emperor Naruhito, and her boyfriend Kei Komuro will marry by the year-end and may start a new life in the United States, but without holding the related ritual ceremonies in a rare decision, a government source said Wednesday.

Due to continuing opposition to their relationship from the public and concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic, no traditional imperial family ceremonies and rituals will be held in connection with the marriage, the sources said.

Mako, 29, will file the papers to resister the marriage in Japan. After withdrawing herself from the imperial register, she will move to the United States, where Komuro currently resides, according to the sources.

Traditionally, when a female member of the imperial family marries, the Nosai-no-Gi ceremony, which represents betrothal, and the Choken-no-Gi ritual, in which she meets and thanks the emperor and empress, are held before a wedding ceremony.

Leaving the imperial family without such rituals is unprecedented in the post-war imperial family tradition.

https://mainichi.jp/engli...10901/p2g/00m/0na/002000c
https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14430969
:-)-<  I'm happy for them. 💖💖💖

"Japan's Princess Mako, boyfriend to marry by yr-end, with no ceremony"
https://english.kyodonews...to-marry-by-year-end.html

Princess Mako, a niece of Japanese Emperor Naruhito, and her boyfriend Kei Komuro will marry by the year-end and may start a new life in the United States, but in a rare decision will not hold the usual related ritual ceremonies, a government source said Wednesday.

Amid public unease about their marriage due to a money dispute between Komuro's mother and her former fiance, the princess will likely decline a lump-sum payment of up to about 150 million yen ($1.36 million) usually given to female royal family members upon their departure from the household, the source said.

Under the current rules, female imperial family members lose their royal status upon marrying a commoner.

The marriage of the princess and Komuro, both 29, has been postponed for over two years due to the dispute over 4 million yen that the former fiance claims the mother owes him. The sum includes money spent on Komuro's educational expenses.

If the princess marries Komuro without traditional ceremonies, she would be the first female imperial family member to skip them in postwar Japan.

The rites are an official engagement ceremony called "Nosai no Gi," in which the families of the betrothed exchange gifts, and a "Choken no Gi" ceremony to officially meet with the emperor and empress before marriage.

The government will consider whether it is legally possible under current rules not to offer the lump-sum payment, which would be financed by taxpayers' money, in accordance with the princess's unprecedented request, according to an Imperial Household Agency official.

The money is intended to maintain the dignity of former royal family members. The agency is also planning to create an opportunity for Princess Mako and Komuro to explain their resolve to the public, the official said.

Komuro currently lives in the United States, having graduated from Fordham University's law school in New York State with a Juris Doctor degree in May and taken the state bar examination in July. The result of the exam will be announced by mid-December and he is expected to land a job at a local law firm.

People expressed mixed reactions to the news that the marriage between Princess Mako and Komuro will go ahead after a hiatus, suggesting the pair has failed to get as much public support as the princess's father Crown Prince Fumihito wished for.

"Princess Mako's feelings should be respected," said Yuko Chiba, 52, who was jogging around the Imperial Palace, a popular spot for joggers. But she added, "I want to hear Mr. Komuro explain (the money dispute) in public."

Rena Aoki, a 20-year-old university student, also said near the Imperial Palace, "Even though (Princess Mako) was born as a royal, she is a human being. I think it was suffocating to see much criticism (about her planned marriage with Komuro) online. I hope she will live her own life and be happy."

Meanwhile, university student Mayuri Goi, 19, said, "Maybe they should have announced their engagement after having established a basis for their livelihoods."

Last year, Crown Prince Fumihito, the emperor's younger brother, said he approves of his eldest daughter's marriage to Komuro but suggested it has to be welcomed by a more skeptical public.

"I mean, I approve of them getting married. The Constitution says marriage shall be based only on the mutual consent of both sexes. If that is what they really want, then I think that is something I need to respect as a parent," the crown prince said last November at a press conference to mark his 55th birthday.

In April, Komuro issued a statement seeking to correct what he called misunderstandings among the public about his mother's financial status and said his wish to marry the princess has not changed.

Princess Mako, who said last November the marriage is a "necessary choice" for the couple, indicated her hope that the statement to address the monetary dispute would help gain more public understanding of his stance.

Shortly after releasing the statement, Komuro offered to make a payment to his mother's former fiance in an effort to settle the money dispute.

The former fiance also expressed his desire to enter negotiations, saying the planned marriage and the dispute were separate issues. But there has been no progress in efforts to settle the case since then.

The couple's marriage may influence Japan's ongoing debate to address the shrinking number of imperial family members as the government is considering allowing female members to retain their royal status even after marrying commoners.

Princess Mako's brother Prince Hisahito, 14, who is second in line to the Japanese imperial throne, is the only heir of his generation as the Imperial House Law states that only males with male lineal descent from emperors can ascend the Chrysanthemum Throne.

Of the current 18 imperial family members, including former Emperor Akihito, 87, and former Empress Michiko, 86, who no longer perform official duties, 13 are women. Six of the women, including Princess Mako, are currently unmarried.

Komuro and Princess Mako met in 2012 as students at International Christian University in Tokyo. They were unofficially engaged in September 2017.

Komuro, who previously worked at a Tokyo law firm as a paralegal, started studying at the New York law school in August 2018 after his planned marriage with the princess was abruptly delayed following reports of the financial dispute.

The following is a chronology of major events related to the planned marriage between Princess Mako and her commoner boyfriend Kei Komuro.

Sept. 3, 2017 -- Imperial Household Agency announces Princess Mako's planned engagement to Kei Komuro.

Feb. 6, 2018 -- Imperial Household Agency announces wedding will be postponed following reports of a money dispute between Komuro's mother and her former fiance.

Aug. 7 -- Komuro leaves for the United States to study at Fordham University's law school in New York.

November -- Prince Fumihito, father of Princess Mako, says Komuro's family should resolve financial issues for wedding to go ahead.

Jan. 22, 2019 -- Komuro says in a statement his family believes financial issues behind dispute have already been resolved.

Nov. 13, 2020 -- Princess Mako says in a statement she and Komuro think marriage is a "necessary choice" for them.

November -- Crown Prince Fumihito says he "approves" of marriage, but reiterates dispute should be solved.

April 8, 2021 -- Komuro releases another statement, expressing his resolve to tie knot with Princess Mako.

April 12 -- Komuro expresses his intention to pay money to his mother's former fiance to settle dispute.

May -- Komuro graduates from Fordham University's law school in New York with a Juris Doctor degree.

July -- Komuro takes the New York state bar examination.

Paulina

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1592 on: September 02, 2021, 09:45:12 PM »

Why is the former fiancé of the grip
‘S mother entitled to any money at all? Seems a stretch.
Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #1593 on: September 03, 2021, 08:01:10 PM »

So happy to see the news about Mako.   Having to wait four years ~!!!!  to marry the man she loves.   

I hope she & Kei will come to live in NYC, maybe I'll see them around some time.    Laugh bounce    But seriously, they deserve to get away from that seemingly toxic environment.   

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!

- Jane Austen
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #1594 on: September 09, 2021, 06:36:07 PM »

Go Mako!

https://www.insider.com/p...college-sweetheart-2021-9

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1595 on: September 09, 2021, 06:44:08 PM »

These Japanese succession laws are ridiculous.

Here is an article about the situation

A Japanese princess set to give up royal life when she marries her "commoner" college sweetheart will also turn down a $1.3 million government handout funded by taxpayer money, intended to help jump-start her new life, the Times of London reports.

Princess Mako of Akishino and her law-student fiancé Kei Komuro, both 29, plan to live together in the United States after their nuptials later this year — and they'll be doing so without a helping hand from the Japanese government, the publication reports.

The couple, who were pictured beaming during their engagement announcement in 2017, are college sweethearts according to the Japan Times, having first met in 2012 while studying at International Christian University in Tokyo.

Komuro, according to the publication, already lives in the US and is awaiting the results of his law exams in December. He's expected to take up an offer from a US law firm after the results.

However, his and Mako's is a love story has been plagued with controversy. As a member of Japan's imperial royal family and niece of Emperor Naruhito, who currently reigns over the Chrysanthemum Throne, Mako's decision to wed a "commoner" means she will have to give up her title, according to Japan's 1947 Imperial House Law, the Japan Times reported.

The 1947 law, according to the publication, has been restricting the order of succession of Japan's royalty since it came into place. After 61-year-old Emperor Naruhito finishes his reign, the current male heirs set to replace him include his 55-year-old brother Prince Akishino, who is Mako's father, his nephew Prince Hisahito, 14, and his 85-year-old uncle Prince Hitachi.

According to the Times of London, Mako's grandmother, former Empress Michiko, described her as "naive" and called for the end of their relationship in 2017 after reports surfaced that Komuro's mother was involved in a nearly $40,000 (4.3 million yen) monetary dispute.

The disagreement, according to publication, is still ongoing and involved the ex-partner of Komuro's mother, who is a widow and claims the funds were a loan, some of which reportedly went to financing Komuro's schooling. Meanwhile, Komuro's mother reportedly claims there was no obligation of repayment.

When news of the dispute broke in 2017, the Imperial Household Agency of Japan announced their relationship would be "frozen" and postponed in light of the financial dispute, the Times of London reported.

Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1596 on: September 09, 2021, 07:56:49 PM »

The hold the Imperial Household uses to torment and control the royal family is criminal!!  After I learned about their total control over money, associations, family private business etc.  I had to stop coming to these threads, it makes me so disgusted and furious.  Unbelievable in the 21st century a bunch of old, creepy men still control all aspects of their lives. 

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #1597 on: September 09, 2021, 08:34:04 PM »

The hold the Imperial Household uses to torment and control the royal family is criminal!!  After I learned about their total control over money, associations, family private business etc.  I had to stop coming to these threads, it makes me so disgusted and furious.  Unbelievable in the 21st century a bunch of old, creepy men still control all aspects of their lives. 
Star Thumb up I agree with all of this. They're prisoners like in the Truman Show, except they're not film 24/7 and they know their situation.  Sad

I wonder if some of them tried to rebel and escape for good from the imperial agency. Do those who are born princes/Princesses even think/know this is not normal and they are mistreated ? I wonder if Naruhito ever thought to reform all the imperial system to be more like a constitutional European monarchy, especially his wife Masako suffered so much in her Imperial life; but maybe the Emperor fells the most powerless man in Japan.

I wish all the best to Mako and Kei !

Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #1598 on: September 09, 2021, 09:16:02 PM »

Her fiance is quite nice looking.  Mako is a beauty, they should have some lovely children (I hope).  I hope he passes the bar exam!   

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!

- Jane Austen
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1599 on: September 09, 2021, 09:44:10 PM »

I'm glad she's moving out and to a different country altogether. It's good for her to get out underneath the Imperial Household roaches.

AutumnOpal

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1600 on: September 09, 2021, 11:05:32 PM »

The hold the Imperial Household uses to torment and control the royal family is criminal!!  After I learned about their total control over money, associations, family private business etc.  I had to stop coming to these threads, it makes me so disgusted and furious.  Unbelievable in the 21st century a bunch of old, creepy men still control all aspects of their lives.  
Star Thumb up I agree with all of this. They're prisoners like in the Truman Show, except they're not film 24/7 and they know their situation.  Sad

I wonder if some of them tried to rebel and escape for good from the imperial agency. Do those who are born princes/Princesses even think/know this is not normal and they are mistreated ? I wonder if Naruhito ever thought to reform all the imperial system to be more like a constitutional European monarchy, especially his wife Masako suffered so much in her Imperial life; but maybe the Emperor fells the most powerless man in Japan.

I wish all the best to Mako and Kei !

Naruhito loves his wife so much, so I know he would be the most motivated but if he can't change it now as Emperor-no one can.  To tell you the truth, his father was in a similar situation-the Empress Emerita was also a beautiful cosmopolitan commoner who was crushed by the system.

Congratulations to Mako on getting out--she deserves it.  But with her going so far it makes me doubt her sister will be able to get married at all even to someone living in country.
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #1601 on: September 09, 2021, 11:21:12 PM »

I can't help but feel suspicious about the public feelings against this marriage.  Is the public really against Mako marrying the love of her life? 

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1602 on: September 09, 2021, 11:43:30 PM »

I can't help but feel suspicious about the public feelings against this marriage.  Is the public really against Mako marrying the love of her life? 

That's my question!  Japan has become so modern in so many ways that it's hard to imagine them being against this marriage.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #1603 on: September 15, 2021, 12:00:17 PM »

From what I've read, it seems to me that the members of the public against this marriage are skeptical of the fiance's ability to support Mako in the standard they believe is worthy of an imperial blood princess due to his mother's financial issues.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1604 on: September 15, 2021, 07:20:48 PM »

Apart from the fact that the JRF is one controlling beetch, I cannot feel but slightly sympathetic for the families wish that the groom's family resolve the very scandalous money issue. I am sure it would be far better to have all that 100% settled as the possibility that it turns into a snake and bites them is just too big.
Plus, yes, your mid-twenties are a lovely time to be in love, at 29 they are however not quite your "left on the shelf-wallflowers" that "wasted their youth with endless waits". So IMO it is the perfect time for them to get married and start their new life together. Independently!

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: