Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxima is 36 years old  (Read 12481 times)
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« on: May 17, 2007, 09:08:51 AM »

Today It's her birthday
http://troonopvolgers.web.../2007/05/mxima_jarig.html
http://gallery.royalarchive.com/index.php?cat=65

So why Maxima is my fav crown princess?
She is intelligent, involve with microcredit, speaks dutch, doesn't appear to be conscious about herself, her looks and her role. Yeah, many times she looks bad and messy but most of the time I don't care because her charisma compensate It.

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Dandelion

Medium Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:54:18 AM »

Ja and she is bubbly and so much fun! I like their engagement pics - haven't seen it before.
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 12:28:45 PM »

http://marymaxima.web-log.../2007/05/mxima_jarig.html
Your eyes are fine, It's just the picture!  Grin

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 01:44:46 PM »

Hanzo, I feel the same way about Mx, and think she's a great lady. I like the way she goes about things and doesn't seem to bother about being perfect, which makes her very likeable.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 01:58:28 PM »

Happy Birthday, Maxima!

There is something very likeable about Maxima, although I do think she looks older than her years.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Avise

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 09:03:19 PM »

Yes Maxima is quite charismatic and I hope she has a good day. I do wish they would keep her father out of the public in the Netherlands though. If  he was not allowed  to be there at the important wedding ceremony why have him around in public at the christenings. No doubt we will see him soon again hanging on to the future queen -Catherine Amalia at Ariane's christening. Roll Eyes
Anyway Happy Birthday Maxima but you certainly look more 40 ish than mid 30s.
Summer

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 10:31:43 PM »

I'm not such a great fan of Maxima.  She comes over as just a little too much, too overpowering.  Her much vaunted career wasn't all that either.  She was just another cog in a very large organization.
Noor76

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 01:22:04 AM »

I'm with you Summer --- don't like her much she's just so, so  Supercontent & that horsey grin of hers owe, I don't need to see all the teeth in your mouth thank you very much.

Love is many things. It's varied. One thing it is not and can never be is unsure.
Avise

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 03:52:23 AM »

I think we even see her tonsils Laugh bounce
Genevieve

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 07:48:22 PM »

I love this woman too! She's such a bundle of energy and so full of personality. You can't help but to look at her and pay attention to her when she's in a picture. She commands so much attention in a good way.  Jumping I hope she has a good birthday with her three daughters and her husband (who is surely lucky to have her in his life!).
shoshanah

Humongous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 08:17:59 PM »

Her smile and hats annoy me sometimes but I was thiking she is opposite of Mary, not just in looks.  Mary is all about posing and being control with her image and always seems tight faced and Maxima is all emotion, exuberant, hair all over the place, it is funny.

Piper

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 09:20:06 PM »

I like Maxima, even if she sometimes goes over-the-top on some of the things she wears. I like her sincerity, genuiness and her energy. Also she spent her first year as Princess of Orange, learning the ropes of the royal firm,with hardly any engagements presented to the press. But I think in her 3rd year, there was a TV show that showed what she was doing behind the scenes like visiting facilities unannounced, talking to immigrant women, since she herself is an immigrant to the Netherlands, going to hospitals or drug addiction facilities, all without any media coverage!! I like that she does not have a lot of patronages but the ones she has she really is very much INVOLVED-- immigration/integration and micro-credit.
Genevieve

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 09:23:49 PM »

I saw the Dutch documentary made about WA turning 40 and I was really impressed with how smart and business savy Maxima is. In such matters as microfinance and finance in general, her husband actually turned to his wife and asked for her opinion.
Piper

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 09:27:19 PM »

You know I saw that too, and boy was I impressed with WA especially his interest, knowledge and involvement about water systems--made me think of another crown prince who does nothing but sails. Tongue
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 09:48:45 PM by Piper » Logged
Genevieve

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 09:31:33 PM »

Yes, you're right about how informed WA is about water issues too. It was obvious that it wasn't a token cause. He has worked and does work really hard to understand the full issue and solutions and problems related to water.

It's interesting how the institution is mostly the same yet how different the exact same roles are carried out in other countries. WA probably couldn't get away with as much holidaying as Frederik does. In fact during their first year of marriage when WA and Maxima holidayed a lot, they got a lot of flack about and quickly changed their act for the better.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: