Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxima is 36 years old  (Read 12460 times)
Piper

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 09:34:41 PM »

It's interesting how the institution is mostly the same yet how different the exact same roles are carried out in other countries. WA probably couldn't get away with as much holidaying as Frederik does. In fact during their first year of marriage when WA and Maxima holidayed a lot, they got a lot of flack about and quickly changed their act for the better.

I don't think the Dutch are as tolerant as the Danes! Angel
Sophies_Choice

Baby Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 05:05:10 PM »

They indeed recieved a lot of criticism in that period. And it was fair in my opinion. Guess Beatrix told them to quit with this behaviour  Tongue I also read a story that the couple needed a break because so many things happened (wedding, illness and death of prince Claus, adjusting to the family and the country) . They didn't want this period to be the base for possible problems in their marriage. That's why they didn't want children immediately. This is also what Willem-Alexander said in essence when they announced Máxima was expecting their first child.

I don't think the Dutch are as tolerant as the Danes!  Angel

You are right   Grin
Genevieve

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 11:30:39 PM »

They indeed recieved a lot of criticism in that period. And it was fair in my opinion. Guess Beatrix told them to quit with this behaviour  Tongue I also read a story that the couple needed a break because so many things happened (wedding, illness and death of prince Claus, adjusting to the family and the country) . They didn't want this period to be the base for possible problems in their marriage. That's why they didn't want children immediately. This is also what Willem-Alexander said in essence when they announced Máxima was expecting their first child.

I don't think the Dutch are as tolerant as the Danes!  Angel

You are right   Grin

Or maybe Beatrix is able to exert more decorum in her son and daughter in law than Margrethe is able to in Frederik and Mary. Although Beatrix seems to also work more than Margrethe so I guess it would be like the pot calling the kettle black if Margrethe wanted Frederik and Mary to work on. But Margrethe has had some knee surgery later that would slow her down while Beatrix seems to be in better health.  Thinking
Piper

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 11:35:34 PM »

You know I really admire Queen B. (Can you guess that I really, really like the Dutch RF Wink. Being the same age as Margrethe, and a widow, she undertakes a lot of duties probably second only to Queen Elizabeth II. Also she goes on overseas visits at least once or twice a year. I also read that she is quite the disciplinarian and really is very much involved with her family. Her 3 sons are quite well-educated, with university degrees and even masters degrees. I am impressed!
Zaria

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 11:36:22 PM »

Beatrix has had knee surgery some time ago (december 2005?). A month or two later she was back on her feet and working like she has never been away. We don't know how severe the problems of the royal ladies were and to which extend of course. But the Dutch royals have always been known for their no nonsense approach so maybe that's where the difference is? Smiley
Sophies_Choice

Baby Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 11:38:03 PM »

Or maybe Beatrix is able to exert more decorum in her son and daughter in law than Margrethe is able to in Frederik and Mary. Although Beatrix seems to also work more than Margrethe so I guess it would be like the pot calling the kettle black if Margrethe wanted Frederik and Mary to work on. But Margrethe has had some knee surgery later that would slow her down while Beatrix seems to be in better health.  Thinking

Beatrix has a lot of confidence in Willem-Alexander and Máxima, maybe that's the thing?  Thinking
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2007, 11:47:25 PM »

I remember I cried at their wedding when they played the tango (was it a tango Huh? ). I have alsways like Maxima because she seems so honest about herself - she may be on (over the) top but at least she's real.
shoshanah

Humongous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2007, 11:49:51 PM »

Yes, that was very emotional, Maria, she handled herself well in a difficult situation.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2007, 11:52:09 PM »

Yes, that was very emotional, Maria, she handled herself well in a difficult situation.

Even my father was affected Grin
Zaria

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 11:53:35 PM »

I remember I cried at their wedding when they played the tango (was it a tango Huh? ). I have alsways like Maxima because she seems so honest about herself - she may be on (over the) top but at least she's real.

Yes, it was the tango 'Adios Nonino' (Farewell, little father). I thought it very well chosen (quite dramatic) and there are several videos of this one up at youtube. I don't watch them too often, because they still make me cry... Tongue
Piper

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 12:01:32 AM »

Yes, it was the tango 'Adios Nonino' (Farewell, little father). I thought it very well chosen (quite dramatic) and there are several videos of this one up at youtube. I don't watch them too often, because they still make me cry... Tongue

Do they sell a DVD from their wedding even if it is a Dutch commentary? I love to see it-- I only saw the pictures from their wedding. Maybe I should try eBay.
Zaria

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 12:05:51 AM »

At the moment there's this DVD that's available in the Netherlands: http://www.nl.bol.com/is-...ER_ID=1&lgl_Section=1
You get a lot of the other Dutch wedding for free too, also Mabel and the horrific bow dress, so I'm not sure if you're up to it. Wink And I don't know if they ship overseas, so maybe eBay isn't such a bad idea after all...
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 12:09:04 AM »

I would cry like a baby if I rewatched it! As I said I saw it with my father and at the time I found him rather annoying because he kept making comments like - look, she's all bloated! (when WA couldn't get the ring on her finger) but he's not alive anymore so.. well, you know Blush Good memories. It was also nice with all the people outside the church almost taking part of the ceremony.
Piper

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2007, 12:12:10 AM »

Thanks Zaria. Is your name similar to Mabel's child (not sure if its the 1st or 2nd)? Smiley
Zaria

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2007, 12:14:43 AM »

Yes, I also considered naming myself Luana (she's the first child of Mabel and Friso, Zaria the second), but I thought I was going to go a bit overboard when choosing that interesting name. Cool

Here's the video for all of you who want to cry your eyes out (or just rewatch it, that's allowed too...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvrxtHmvpvg
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: