Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxima is 36 years old  (Read 14313 times)
Miepie

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2007, 02:28:04 PM »

I don't think she is arrogant, she is down-to-earth imo. W-A would never marry an arrogant woman.  Hug

Btw. It is still possible to watch the Portret van een Prins-video. It is a program about Willem-Alexander and his family inc. an interview. It is fun to watch it, even if you are not Dutch.  Wink

Link: http://player.omroep.nl/?aflID=4429487

He is just seeing her like everybody here in holland does; as a bright shining woman! And she is bright and shining, funny and cute, BUT I believe there is also that arrogance in her.  Halo
Ofcourse no one would describe her as only an 'arrogant woman', but It is one her bad qualities in my opinion.  Cool
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2007, 03:26:16 PM »

I don't really see the arrogance...I just find her scruffiness very endearing. Sometimes it is hard to get close to people who are always being extrovert, the life of the party types.
The Watcher

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2007, 03:30:54 PM »

I don't think she is arrogant, she is down-to-earth imo. W-A would never marry an arrogant woman.  Hug

Btw. It is still possible to watch the Portret van een Prins-video. It is a program about Willem-Alexander and his family inc. an interview. It is fun to watch it, even if you are not Dutch.  Wink

He is just seeing her like everybody here in holland does; as a bright shining woman! And she is bright and shining, funny and cute, BUT I believe there is also that arrogance in her.  Halo

Don't you think he knows her better than we do, after 8 years being her boyfriend/husband.  Tongue
Avise

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2007, 03:39:39 PM »

Grin
Husbands are delightful peopole and put up with such a lot  at times- from my personal experience Wink
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2007, 03:52:09 PM »

arrogance could apply to anyone,--- depending on which part of the stairs the person is, up or down?

i like maxima a lot, i can't really see the arrogance. i can't find fault in her for wearing expensive designer clothes because before her marriage she can afford some. with her laughter, most latin people love to laugh, ricky martin had it in his song,"la dolce vita". she's got causes that are important in the world, helping the poor through microcredit, and helping the dutch immigrants.

one thing i don't like in maxima, i wish she will do something better with her hair.
Sophies_Choice

Baby Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2007, 04:33:04 PM »

Don't you think he knows her better than we do, after 8 years being her boyfriend/husband.  Tongue

He probably does Wink . Nice to see you here, the_watcher  Champagne
Liesl

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2007, 05:29:01 PM »

Thanks the_watcher for the video.  I've been looking for that for sometime now.  And welcome to RD.

I am very impress with WA!  I don't speak Dutch but he seemed very articulate in English and very knowledgeable with water management issues.
Miepie

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2007, 11:31:11 AM »

Ofcourse he does, I bet he knows alot of hidden good and bad qualities of Maxima we don't know of.  Wink
Maybe he agrees with me, maybe not: he probably loves her anyway.  Hug
Zaria

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2007, 07:44:54 PM »

Interesting view, Miepie. I wouldn't call Maxima arrogant, but she definitely is wearing the pants in the Orange house, if you know what I mean. That's not arrogant, that's smart. She definitely knows what she's doing and she's very confident when doing it. I always look at that with a certain amusement. That woman has come a long way and you don't come a long way when you're just shy and obedient. Especially not in royal circles. Roll Eyes
shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2007, 08:16:27 PM »

She always seemed confident from the beginning - walking down the street in one of her wraps.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2007, 02:44:27 PM »

I agree Shoshanah,
I believe she has a very high self esteem and she is very very self confident. She seems very sure of who she is and what she wants and often those traits come across as somehow arrogant. Esp. when the person so overly content and confident with herself could be accused of being in that enviable position because of marriage or mere luck of birth and not really because of hard work.  Thinking

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Chris

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2007, 03:35:42 PM »

I agree Shoshanah,
I believe she has a very high self esteem and she is very very self confident. She seems very sure of who she is and what she wants and often those traits come across as somehow arrogant. Esp. when the person so overly content and confident with herself could be accused of being in that enviable position because of marriage or mere luck of birth and not really because of hard work.  Thinking

Well thought-out post, fairy.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2007, 03:43:34 PM »

I agree Shoshanah,

i think, maxima has a very strong self confidence because first, she was born to money, then marriage. as to hard work, i don't know if working after college and making something out of herself away from her very secure home environment would apply to that. now that she is a princess of the netherlands, i wonder if her engagements could be counted as hardwork too?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: