Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxima is 36 years old  (Read 14168 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2007, 12:20:33 AM »

Thanks for the link Zaria Smiley
Pixie

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2007, 02:38:50 AM »

Wow, so beautiful..... Maxima looked so pretty and elegant.  Thanks for the video - very romantic and emotional.... ahhh isn't love grand!
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2007, 02:54:29 PM »

this is what is good with maxima, she is what she was and is and goes on with it.
Dandelion

Medium Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2007, 08:21:32 PM »

Yes, I also considered naming myself Luana (she's the first child of Mabel and Friso, Zaria the second), but I thought I was going to go a bit overboard when choosing that interesting name. Cool

Here's the video for all of you who want to cry your eyes out (or just rewatch it, that's allowed too...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvrxtHmvpvg

Thanks Zaria, how touching!! Will have to watch more of the wedding tomorrow!
Miepie

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2007, 08:15:31 PM »

Maxima sometimes is a little arrogant in my opinion. She makes it herself sooo easy by just thinking; 'when I constantly laugh and shine bright'  it is all fine.  Crazy  I think she can focuss more to people and really listen than just be 'all over the place' laughing and doing. It is not ALWAYS queensday.  Thinking

She does look older, and she looks messy all the time, that is what I like about her.  Supercontent  Her hair is sometimes just .. eh.. trashy.   Laugh bounce
Kinda cool.  Cool
Chris

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2007, 08:42:44 PM »

Maxima sometimes is a little arrogant in my opinion. She makes it herself sooo easy by just thinking; 'when I constantly laugh and shine bright'  it is all fine.  Crazy  I think she can focuss more to people and really listen than just be 'all over the place' laughing and doing. It is not ALWAYS queensday.  Thinking...

Welcome, Miepie.

I've always thought Maxima seems fairly down-to-earth.  What actions of hers make you think she's arrogant?  (And saying what she thinks doesn't count...none of us really knows what she thinks).
Miepie

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2007, 08:54:45 PM »

Thank you.
Well the main reason really is; there was once an dutch expert on - I don't know what anymore - he gave is opinion about Maxima and WA and their role in a big reliable dutch newspaper, he was an expert on 'elite people'. And he saw some arrogance in Maxima in how she is brought up, he explained that is was very normal in welthy family's in Argentina, to feel a little better than the rest. He said that we (just 'ordinary people') don't see that in Maxima, we just see a hard laughing bright shiny woman, but he clearly saw that 'elite arrogance' in her, and he wasn't surprised by that because that is how she is brought up. And he added; 'Willem-Alexander does not have such arrogance, wich is strange; he has as  - heir to throne-  more right to 'feel better' than other people, but he was really 'down-to-earth'.  Thumb up

So that was basically it.  Smiley And now it comes; 'I believe this man's words'.  Because they make sense to me. Now I see her laughing and doing around everyone; and I think that her smile is more smiling 'down' at lots of people than  smiling 'at' lots of people.

But that is just my humble opinion.  Angel
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 09:00:01 PM by Miepie » Logged
autumn

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2007, 10:20:13 PM »

Hi Miepie,

I'm curious, how well does Maxima speak Dutch?

Miepie

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2007, 10:21:49 PM »

Very good, she sometimes makes tiny tiny little mistakes and she has an huge accent, wich sounds so cute. 
Chris

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2007, 01:20:39 AM »

Thank you.
Well the main reason really is; there was once an dutch expert on - I don't know what anymore - he gave is opinion about Maxima and WA and their role in a big reliable dutch newspaper, he was an expert on 'elite people'. And he saw some arrogance in Maxima in how she is brought up, he explained that is was very normal in welthy family's in Argentina, to feel a little better than the rest. He said that we (just 'ordinary people') don't see that in Maxima, we just see a hard laughing bright shiny woman, but he clearly saw that 'elite arrogance' in her, and he wasn't surprised by that because that is how she is brought up. And he added; 'Willem-Alexander does not have such arrogance, wich is strange; he has as  - heir to throne-  more right to 'feel better' than other people, but he was really 'down-to-earth'.  Thumb up

So that was basically it.  Smiley And now it comes; 'I believe this man's words'.  Because they make sense to me. Now I see her laughing and doing around everyone; and I think that her smile is more smiling 'down' at lots of people than  smiling 'at' lots of people.

Thanks for the info.  So you'd say it's more of a cultural thing (the way things are done in Argentina vs. the way things are done in The Netherlands) than simply her personality alone.  I can accept that, but I'm still not sure about drawing that conclusion based solely on the way she smiles.  And I feel that "elite arrogance" is not limited to Argentina...I'd say it's a fairly common thing in most countries.  Unfortunately.   
Piper

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2007, 01:32:59 AM »

Unfortunately, Maxima is no different from other women coming from wealthy families in any part of the world. Because they have been used to a certain lifestyle, it is not uncommon for them to act "arrogant"..they are probably not aware of being like this since it comes naturally. Tongue However, coming from a middle-class family into a wealthy one and acting  or showing "arrogance" is a different story. That I can't take.

As for me, I don't sense an "arrogance" about her but I still have to meet her in person to get a "feel".
Miepie

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2007, 10:47:59 AM »

Thank you.

Thanks for the info.  So you'd say it's more of a cultural thing (the way things are done in Argentina vs. the way things are done in The Netherlands) than simply her personality alone.  I can accept that, but I'm still not sure about drawing that conclusion based solely on the way she smiles.  And I feel that "elite arrogance" is not limited to Argentina...I'd say it's a fairly common thing in most countries.  Unfortunately.   

Yes, but I don't think it is justified by that. As WA is not even called arrogant compared to her, and her is brought up in his role of becoming king one day.. that is why I find it unacceptable she still has that arrogance; now she is crownprincess for 5 years, she should have really learned alot about 'ordinary people' and the most important thing; she should have learned she is nothing better then anyone else but just has more priveleges/luck.
I am dutch; I've seen alot tv programs/video's about Maxima, even some interviews with Maxima, I follow her trhough dutch royal sites; my opinion is not only based on just 'seeing her smile'; it is just what I have seen through past 5 years ánd reading that newspaper article.
The Watcher

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2007, 11:09:49 AM »

I don't think she is arrogant, she is down-to-earth imo. W-A would never marry an arrogant woman.  Hug

Btw. It is still possible to watch the Portret van een Prins-video. It is a program about Willem-Alexander and his family inc. an interview. It is fun to watch it, even if you are not Dutch.  Wink

Link: http://player.omroep.nl/?aflID=4429487

hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2007, 11:32:30 AM »

I never thought of her as arrogant, quite the oposite. http://marymaxima.web-log...05/verlovinghuweli_7.html
The only times that I remember seeing her not so likeable around people were when she stood by Mary. It's interesting to hear other people's views.

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »

Unfortunately, Maxima is no different from other women coming from wealthy families in any part of the world. Because they have been used to a certain lifestyle, it is not uncommon for them to act "arrogant"..they are probably not aware of being like this since it comes naturally. Tongue However, coming from a middle-class family into a wealthy one and acting  or showing "arrogance" is a different story. That I can't take.

As for me, I don't sense an "arrogance" about her but I still have to meet her in person to get a "feel".

Arrogance whether in a wealthy person or a middle-class is an undesirable quality.
If she is indeed arrogant and her smiles patronising as Mie has observed, then  Thumb down

but I'm still not sure about drawing that conclusion based solely on the way she smiles.
̀´d say arent we doing the same with Mary if we didnt have all those interviews,e.g Ninka etc

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: