Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 110   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The weather where you are  (Read 131366 times)
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 08:03:18 PM »

Summer have began Sweating Sweating  Icecream. Yesterday there were 42 degrees Crap and the mosquitos are eating me alive Dead any creative ideas how to drive them away?

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 09:13:34 PM »

In Europe, you could think it's winter.  Days and days of dismal weather! Crap

Not in DK. The weather here is quite nice, at least for the moment  Smiley
Chris

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 09:17:48 PM »

It's a hot day in Washington, DC.  92 degrees F (33.5 C) and summer hasn't even started yet.  The sky is bright blue, there are a few clouds, but absolutely no breeze.  I'm staying inside with the air conditioning turned on. 
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 09:19:07 PM »

Summer have began Sweating Sweating  Icecream. Yesterday there were 42 degrees Crap and the mosquitos are eating me alive Dead any creative ideas how to drive them away?

Taking vitamin B might help. I'm not sure it helps everone though.
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 09:22:22 PM »

Taking vitamin B might help. I'm not sure it helps everone though.
Thanks Smiley I think I tried It once, but don't remember the results, so I'l try It again

gpanr5

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 09:23:20 PM »

Mosquitos LOVE ME!  I've bathed myself in bug spray, light those stupid bug candles, etc.  Nothing....

So at dusk I high-tail it inside.  They even bite me through my clothes. Crap
Goofball

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 10:20:53 PM »

It's about 66F here but horribly humid.  It's been hot for the past two days.  It got up to 87F yesterday.  We actually have the a/c running at the moment to make the house more comfortable.  It's going to get unpleasant again tomorrow.  I hate, hate, hate hot weather!!! Dead  It makes me very, very grouchy. Ranting Real mad 

"Let the tongues of the doubting nabobs wag!"  -David Hyde Pierce
gpanr5

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 10:24:44 PM »

It's about 66F here but horribly humid.  It's been hot for the past two days.  It got up to 87F yesterday.  We actually have the a/c running at the moment to make the house more comfortable.  It's going to get unpleasant again tomorrow.  I hate, hate, hate hot weather!!! Dead  It makes me very, very grouchy. Ranting Real mad 

We lived in Panama for three years.  Beautiful country but hot and humid EVERYDAY.  The only difference was whether it was raining or not.  I learned not to wear makeup down there because as soon as you walked outside your makeup would melt.  Sweating

I have also lived in SouthWest Texas, 100 degrees but a dry heat and I will take that over humidity any day!
Goofball

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 10:29:05 PM »

I don't want any kind of heat - unless it's February and by some freak of nature it gets up to 80F, which is pretty rare in Wisconsin.  I do have to say, however, that dry heat is better than humid heat.  Especially if it's windy. 

My mother tells the story of how she went out to California in the early 60's and how their train went through Death Valley to get to Los Angeles.  She said that when they stopped and got out onto the platform, it was so hot she could actually feel the moisture being sucked out of her skin.  Gross!

Whenever it's hot out I like to get online and find the weather reports for different places in Alaska.  Right about now I'd like to be way up in Barrow - it's 25F there and they're expecting snow tonight.

Chris

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 10:37:37 PM »

Good grief!  That's over 107 F!  Hanzo1, where in the world do you live?
Elspeth

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 10:42:49 PM »

It's a hot day in Washington, DC.  92 degrees F (33.5 C) and summer hasn't even started yet.  The sky is bright blue, there are a few clouds, but absolutely no breeze.  I'm staying inside with the air conditioning turned on. 

Me too. I just hope we don't get another summer like last year with all that heat and hardly any rain apart from a couple of destructive storms.
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 10:44:11 PM »

and I thought It was clear by now Grin-Israel  
Thank god the entire country is air conditied, the problem is when you get to your car or out of It No

Goofball

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 10:46:32 PM »

Sounds like we had the same summer you did, Elspeth.  Last year was unbearably hot with barely any rain.  Everyones' lawns looked like straw and we had day after day after day of blazing, unrelenting sun.  In my family, we all prefer cool, dark, cloudy, windy, rainy days so by the middle of July we were all demented.  It was wonderful when September came and things cooled off.

Goofball

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 10:47:53 PM »

and I thought It was clear by now-Israel  Grin

Thank god the entire country is air conditied, the problem is when you get to your car or out of It No

I hope you're one of the lucky ones who lives close to the sea so you can swim and cool off.

hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2007, 10:51:53 PM »

and I thought It was clear by now-Israel  Grin

I hope you're one of the lucky ones who lives close to the sea so you can swim and cool off.
I'm not but on the other hand there's no much humidity where I live ,so I think as you all said, that It's better.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 110   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: