Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 110   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The weather where you are  (Read 131368 times)
Ksenija

Medium Member

Latvia Latvia

Ignore
« Reply #1560 on: January 13, 2017, 04:54:33 PM »

Stay safe,guys Star Banana I'm used to have tons of snow and freezing cold in winters,so I'm usually doing following routines:
1.Taking care of eyes,skin.Cover your face and eyes when going out,also use a a good moisturizer
2.Wearing lots of layers-hat,mittens,scarf and something to cover your face,woolen socks and so on.
3.Warm up-tea,coffee and etc.
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #1561 on: January 13, 2017, 05:02:58 PM »

I'm learning a lot from you,grazie!some things I have never heard about like anti slippery spray , but I'd like to ask you re: how to protect eyes.
What kind of protection? I went to Paris and it was -14 degrees and sunny. I used my raybans wayfarer but it was like wearing icicles, so I had to take them off and for an Italian,like all Italian will tell you,to take off sunglasses is the ultimate sacrifice.😜😜
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1562 on: January 13, 2017, 05:08:00 PM »

the same over here! i don't own the right boots,apparently,because i risked my neck on my way to the cafe and i wasn't the only one .( what am i ready to risk in order to reach the cafe every morning? i guess my realm)
what kind of boots do you people who are used to iced ground suggest me to use??

belle,it's friday 13, super jinxed day,so we better be aware and stay super safe.ciao
We have roads treated with de-icing chemicals(salt,sand)(that why we usually have white stains on boots and own several pairs of winter footwear)
Ortensia,usually I wear:

Also I go to the nearest shoe repair to have anti-slide soles glued to the footwear or buy anti-slide spray.I wouldn't advice you to buy Uggs or something similar because they get extremely dirty and could send you flying on the ice Blush Confused

The last few years we don't have (heavy) snow for a long period of time, but slippery it can get. The roads overhere are also oft treated with saltwater, sand or similar which also ruined some nice footwear.

I have never heard of anti-slide spray. In case of lots of snow I wear my old hiking/walking boots outside (and if possible change footwear at my destination). Some use the following anti slide soles, which can be put on shoes:

Ksenija

Medium Member

Latvia Latvia

Ignore
« Reply #1563 on: January 13, 2017, 08:12:05 PM »

I'm learning a lot from you,grazie!some things I have never heard about like anti slippery spray , but I'd like to ask you re: how to protect eyes.
What kind of protection? I went to Paris and it was -14 degrees and sunny. I used my raybans wayfarer but it was like wearing icicles, so I had to take them off and for an Italian,like all Italian will tell you,to take off sunglasses is the ultimate sacrifice.😜😜
Ortensia,simply wear UV-A or UV-B protecting sunglasses or goggles
Principessa,probably you have never heard of this spray because your country is not used to have such low temperatures.We've basically tons of various winter stuff ::)When I used to work in Siberia,I looked like this everyday because it was almost -50C every day Dead Dead Dead
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1564 on: March 14, 2017, 07:13:42 AM »

WTF

Ranting Ranting Real mad Real mad Ranting Real mad Real mad

It's 2:12AM right now, and I just came in from shoveling heavy, water-laden ice snow away. Even my dog was freaking out when taking him out for last pee.

I've had it, and am officially hybernating.

Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1565 on: March 14, 2017, 08:44:17 AM »

Come visit me, it was 84F here today!

Too hot. Next week it's raining in the 60s.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1566 on: March 14, 2017, 10:01:41 AM »

After a long period of rain and all we now have relatively nice weather.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1567 on: March 14, 2017, 09:04:09 PM »

Spring  Smiley. Today it was nice and warm, so I could have a coffee on my balcony. But I still don't trust this, I keep my flowerpots wrapped and they still stand on the ugly styrofoam pieces so that they hopefully survive colder nights.
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1568 on: March 15, 2017, 08:37:24 AM »

I am currently on holiday in Thailand, with clear blue skies and 33 ?C.
Was somehow really strange to read about the blizzard in the US and that Angela's plane had to fly back because of this, while I was sweating on the beach.
I am so glad that when we will be back, Winter will be definitely over in Germany.

Peeds, if I could, I would send sun in huge boxes.
Henny

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1569 on: March 15, 2017, 09:47:44 AM »

Rather warm 30'c (86'f) here in Tasmania, we are 15 days into Autumn, usually about now our temps are starting to drop into the 20's  until the end of April mid May.

Rather jealous of those in the Northern Hemisphere who are heading into spring/summer, I will be thinking of you all when it's 8 c/10 c here in June July and I get out my winter woolies. Thumb up Thumb up
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1570 on: March 15, 2017, 09:46:51 PM »

I am currently on holiday in Thailand, with clear blue skies and 33 ?C.
Was somehow really strange to read about the blizzard in the US and that Angela's plane had to fly back because of this, while I was sweating on the beach.
I am so glad that when we will be back, Winter will be definitely over in Germany.

Peeds, if I could, I would send sun in huge boxes.

Awww....much appreciated  Star  Hug

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #1571 on: March 15, 2017, 09:56:34 PM »

Finally, snow in Chicago!  Mon/Tues we got about 8 inches, more than the rest of the winter combined. In fact, this was the first snow here since mid-December, and that was less than 1". I like winter, so I'm happy (of course it helps that I work from home and don't have to go out if I don't want to  Cool).

KimmySue

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1572 on: March 15, 2017, 10:15:14 PM »

I like winter too and wish we had gotten more snow this year. Of course, in Missouri, you never know what the weather is going to do, we went from warm spring weather to tornadoes to snow in just a few days. Right now it is just cold and dreary.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1573 on: March 16, 2017, 01:11:38 AM »

I stocked up the frig on Sunday and have been working from home yesterday and today. We got more than 7" snow yesterday. It didn't snow today but it's still below freezing temperature. I didn't feel that good so I stayed in. The beauty of telecommuting...  Whistle

Peeds, I feel your pain. One reason why I chose to live in the city is that I don't have to shovel snow. I don't think I can handle it. Hang in there. The weather man says 10 more days and it will be spring!
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #1574 on: March 16, 2017, 01:29:25 AM »

WTF

Ranting Ranting Real mad Real mad Ranting Real mad Real mad

It's 2:12AM right now, and I just came in from shoveling heavy, water-laden ice snow away. Even my dog was freaking out when taking him out for last pee.

I've had it, and am officially hybernating.
Peeds dear, have a  Beer (it's hot chocolate, not beer Tongue).  My shoveling days are long over (oh, the joys of not being responsible for outdoor maintenance), but I remember very clearly what it was like, right down to my frozen toes. And the 2 winters I lived in your neck of the woods we got hit with a couple of blizzards that were every bit as bad as any I've experienced in Chicago! Take heart - winter is almost over! Hug
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 110   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: