Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Religion & Royals  (Read 9481 times)
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 07:00:03 PM »

What about Joachim & Marie ??
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 02:03:17 AM »

I think it's impossible to say how relgious the merry mob are in any given vountry, as I don't think that attending church services means deep faith. We cannot see what happens in these people's hearts.

ITA with you Lees, just because they 'go to church' don't mean they're ahrmmm...religious.

Star

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 04:07:10 AM »

Star back to you , geta!  Smiley
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 05:27:17 AM »

thx,  Lees Hug

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 11:21:56 PM »

We cannot see what happens in these people's hearts.

I completely agree but we are quite happy to speculate about their sexual preferences, relationships, fertility and mental health.
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 02:17:28 AM »

I completely agree but we are quite happy to speculate about their sexual preferences, relationships, fertility and mental health.
Ouch! That's a tough one. I dunno. REligion is more serious, I find, and the rest is not so serious. - Nah, doesn't sound a good explanation... but if we didn't talk about those things, what could we say? REligion is kinda not part of gossip, methinks, whereas the other areas are targets of gossip amongst the human race.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 11:05:55 PM »

Ouch! That's a tough one. I dunno. REligion is more serious, I find, and the rest is not so serious. - Nah, doesn't sound a good explanation... but if we didn't talk about those things, what could we say? REligion is kinda not part of gossip, methinks, whereas the other areas are targets of gossip amongst the human race.

Lees, allow me to have a stab

Religion, is a group thing. Its what makes all of us belong to a bigger group

all others, " sexual preferences, relationships, fertility and mental health" are our own individual choices (broadly speaking..that is..).

Yeup, religion is also an individual choice, but you either chose to belong, or not belong to that bigger group. either way, you were, somehow, sometime, part of that huge group.

Blush

G Smiley

Summer

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 01:29:38 AM »

I don't think that Marie or Mary or Letizia are religious.  Letizia was probably part of the Catholic church as a child, but her first marriage was civil so I think that she was non-religious before she married Felipe. 

Mary and Marie joined the Lutheran church because of whom they married, which suggests to me that they didn't have strong feelings about religion.   The fact that Danish princesses have to join the Lutheran Church seems strange - almost makes a mockery of this most private decision.
jewel

Big Member

HRH Crown Princess Mary of Trademark

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 01:52:54 AM »

Nevertheless, it is important for those royals to look religious for the sake of public image and good example. Leaders/figures with religious appearance are still perceived better than those who don't. Besides, it doesn't hurt to go to curch for just once a week.
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 08:39:26 AM »

Geta, your logic makes sense to me. Perhaps that's part of the reason why I feel religion is different from the rest of the issues. And I think it's a more serious issue as well.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 10:44:46 PM »

Geta, your logic makes sense to me. Perhaps that's part of the reason why I feel religion is different from the rest of the issues. And I think it's a more serious issue as well.

thx  Hug Lees

G Smiley

desertrose

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2020, 08:52:50 PM »

I wonder how religious Philippe and Mathilde are. Are they regular churchgoers? Which church do they usually attend?
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2020, 01:25:02 AM »

I wonder how religious Philippe and Mathilde are. Are they regular churchgoers? Which church do they usually attend?

I did some research. King Philippe and Queen Mathilde have attended the Church of Our Lady, Notre Dame Church in Laeken, and Sante Gudele Cathedral.
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2020, 01:52:57 AM »

Reading back from the first post, just something to consider.  We really have no idea what their beliefs are or how often they seek religious counseling.  It would be very easy for some or all of them to attend church privately in their own chapels.  I would like to think they meet fairly regularly with a pastoral leader and would seek their guidance with some of the decisions they need to make.  But this is a topic we can only speculate on for the most part. 
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2020, 02:03:35 AM »

Reading back from the first post, just something to consider.  We really have no idea what their beliefs are or how often they seek religious counseling.  It would be very easy for some or all of them to attend church privately in their own chapels.  I would like to think they meet fairly regularly with a pastoral leader and would seek their guidance with some of the decisions they need to make.  But this is a topic we can only speculate on for the most part. 

Exactly. Lots of people attend church but do not exhibit godly behavior, and the reverse is also true. We can’t possibly know.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: