Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-Maritīs Past  (Read 24169 times)
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« on: May 19, 2007, 11:56:30 PM »

Hi, I read a post on the national day thread that set me thinking.
Avise, I hope its ok that I post it here.

He must be a wonderful guy or really stupid to get involved with a drug addict single mum
On RB, one Of the arguments against MM and for ME(Mary Elizabeth) was that MMīs past was worse.I remember a poster calling her a druggie single mum.
From all the reading that I did on RB, I never saw a reference to an article indicating that MM herself was a drug user, just her boy friend.
Can someone familiar with her past pls expound more.
Also curious:If she was a drug user, did the Norwegian royal house have to do a drug test?(we can guess a fertility test was not a necessity)

Was that former boyfriend Mariusīs Dad?

Just another unrelated Q:If the dad, not the mum is a drug user, can the kids be affected?

Genevieve

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 12:05:22 AM »

I can't remember now if Mette-Marit was a drug user herself, but she definitely was a party girl in her youth. She frequented clubs and bars where drugs were known to be used, though I don't know if she used them exactly.

At the engagement when she cried and apologized for her past actions she acknowledged that she had had a wild past and she was sorry for her past actions but that she had worked to get beyond her past.

Personally I am not so crazy that she apologized for her past. While I understand that it was a strategic public relations move for her and for the royal house, I am a firm believer that all of your actions influence who you are. Wild past or not, Mette-Marit's past actions gave her an adorable healthy son and led her to meet Haakon. Had she led a Pollyanna existence, she might not have met Haakon.
Elspeth

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 12:15:17 AM »

Just another unrelated Q:If the dad, not the mum is a drug user, can the kids be affected?

There doesn't seem to be much information about that, but I did find this (pdf file)

http://www.otispregnancy.org/pdf/paternal.pdf

And there's this abstract:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.g...5&itool=pubmed_docsum

It seems as though, while there may be some physical effects on the foetus from paternal drug abuse, the greatest effect is behavioural as a result of the way an addicted father interacts with his child.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 12:32:34 AM »

I read - on a Norwegian board that is gone now - that while she was pregnant with Marius she was in a music video naked playing a lesbian. I think it would feel silly if I was Norwegian if the woman who was one day supposed to be my queen at one time appeared naked in a video playing a lesbian. There can be too little mystery about the royals IMO.
Genevieve

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 12:44:58 AM »

That is a new rumor for me about Mette-Marit. Has anyone else heard that rumor?

The NRF doesn't seem to have had much luck with their inlaws this generation: You have party princess Mette-Marit and you have Ari who makes docs about drug scenes and goes around saying which party he votes for.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 12:47:03 AM »

Thanks for your responses. Yikes about the music video.

Haakon must have found it daunting convincing Norway that SHE was the one.
I guess she really cannot put on airs, the whole country knows her past,nothing swept beneath the carpet.I always get the feeling that she still feels...unworthy of her position. Ofcourse this is just my interpretation of the pics.

Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 12:50:24 AM »

Jazzy - I read that the concern was not so much whether she had a substance abuse problem but that she might have damaging links with criminal elements - drugs and crime being linked.

I agree that she seems to feel unworthy.
Genevieve

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 12:56:32 AM »

IMO I prefer someone who doesn't (or because she can't doesn't even try) to put on airs rather than someone who pretends to be better than she is or comes from more than she does. I appreciate much more how Mette-Marit lives her life as a party girl from a middle class family from Kristianland who met a prince and fell in love. Isn't that better than the public relations spin the DRF did for Mary? They had to put her father's resume online along with her profile because there was some speculation about what she did for a living, whether she was in marketing, was a lawyer, was a real estate agent. With Mette-Marit you know exactly what you are getting, even the bad stuff.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 01:00:01 AM »

I  can see why the criminal link would be cause for concern.
She needs to get over her feelings ofunworthiness/ inferiority and ask our style icon for tips. Cool
I cannot imagine why she wore bermuda shorts to an official duty Confused No No

Wear, I agree, we know what we are getting with MM.No buffing up her profile.

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 01:21:41 AM »

She did use drug. Her ex bf even claimed that he was holding her sex/drug tape and would sale the tape at the day she becomes the Queen of Norway. That was the reason she apologized to the public. She need not apologize for being a single mother since 60% of Norwegian mothers at that time were single mothers. Marius' father was her ex boyfriend's friend. She lived with her ex boyfriend and got pregnant by his friend, sounds very trashy. It's great to see that Haakon makes her the woman she is today and she wants to be a better person because of him.
One of her exes was a drug dealer. However I have never heard of criminal links being the concern for her past. Most people were concern about her substance abuse and lack of formal education.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 01:27:16 AM by dKaren » Logged
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 01:24:58 AM »

dKaren, does this mean that the naked/pregnant/lesbian video is just waiting to be released one day..... Crazy  What a sword of Damocles. Crap
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 01:32:52 AM »

Yes, he left the tape to his lawyer and is waiting for a right price. He thought the price at the day she becomes Queen would be the highest. It's rather sad. Perhaps the Norwegian secret agencies need to do something.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 01:37:31 AM »

Just one more really good reason not to do drugs Yikes
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2007, 01:45:28 AM »

With this hanging over her, no wonder she is doing her best to win people over.  If it's shown, even if people know about it, I think it will cause a massive shock.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 01:50:48 AM »

She did use drug. Her ex bf even claimed that he was holding her sex/drug tape and would sale the tape at the day she becomes the Queen of Norway. That was the reason she apologized to the public. She need not apologize for being a single mother since 60% of Norwegian mothers at that time were single mothers. Marius' father was her ex boyfriend's friend. She lived with her ex boyfriend and got pregnant by his friend, sounds very trashy. It's great to see that Haakon makes her the woman she is today and she wants to be a better person because of him.
One of her exes was a drug dealer. However I have never heard of criminal links being the concern for her past. Most people were concern about her substance abuse and lack of formal education.

The Norwegian Royal fam was not concerned about the effect the susbstance abuse would have on the heirs? Confused Huh?
Lives with one, gets pregnant by another.Thats sounds wild.
And her ex-still has the tape? Poor gal. Huh? Sad

Haakon must REALLY  love her. Maybe sheīs genuinly nice or Haakon is attracted to wild/bad girls, or maybe he didnt have any high expectations /requirements in a wife.I think Fred was like that too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: