Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-Maritīs Past  (Read 26176 times)
gpanr5

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 02:28:53 AM »

Show me a person with a spotless past and I'll show you a person with a myriad of skeletons in their closet.  We are all human, I think most of us have done things we are not proud of, some worse than others but it doesn't make them any less human.

MM did what she did, she lived a wild past.  She will now one day be Queen of Norway and while her past is not typical of what we come to know of Princesses, she seems to be a very loving wife and mother.  She does not come across as haughty or proud and she doesn't have to need to be known as a style icon (although sometimes I wish she would rethink her choices a little).

Just because other CPss have their degrees and some with their so-called careers, doesn't make them a better person on the inside, they just look better on paper.  Sincerity and warmth are much more valued to me than what's on paper.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 03:48:46 AM »

She did use drug. Her ex bf even claimed that he was holding her sex/drug tape and would sale the tape at the day she becomes the Queen of Norway. That was the reason she apologized to the public. She need not apologize for being a single mother since 60% of Norwegian mothers at that time were single mothers. Marius' father was her ex boyfriend's friend. She lived with her ex boyfriend and got pregnant by his friend, sounds very trashy. It's great to see that Haakon makes her the woman she is today and she wants to be a better person because of him.
One of her exes was a drug dealer. However I have never heard of criminal links being the concern for her past. Most people were concern about her substance abuse and lack of formal education.

however, through it all, i think there is a big redeeming factor here. even if her pregnancy is an ofshoot of her wild behaviour, she still elected to go through the pregnancy, had her baby, supported him as a single mum. this shows strength of character, and an obvious streak of conscience. if she was truly a wild child, she could have easily elected to abort the baby.
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 08:08:16 AM »

Now I'm not 100% sure but I remember watching the Spanish channel TVE along time ago where they broadcast a small segment of a home video shoot in a night club with two blonds having fun. I think one was MM and she pulled her shirt up and exposed her breasts.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 04:39:14 PM »

I don't realy follow the NRF so don't have much interest in them.

M-M's a funny one though. She definitely had a "colourful" past but there's alot of rumour out there about her. For example I've read that she had lesbian romps in the past etc.

Either way, I think she's trying to over-compensate for her past now by being as frumpy and boring as possible. She wants to remain below the radar and not attract criticism from what I can see.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Sophies_Choice

Baby Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 04:46:55 PM »

Now I'm not 100% sure but I remember watching the Spanish channel TVE along time ago where they broadcast a small segment of a home video shoot in a night club with two blonds having fun. I think one was MM and she pulled her shirt up and exposed her breasts.

Hi Hanzo,

When the Belgian programme Royalty did a documentary on Mette-Marit, they showed this footage too Wink
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 05:24:17 PM »

Either way, I think she's trying to over-compensate for her past now by being as frumpy and boring as possible. She wants to remain below the radar and not attract criticism from what I can see.

ITA.  She often looks almost ridiculously frumpy, given her age - IMo it must be to compensate.
Avise

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2007, 07:45:11 PM »

Hi, I read a post on the national day thread that set me thinking.
Avise, I hope its ok that I post it here.
No problem - another interesting discussion. I might add Larzen's comments ( really good  Norwegian expert ) on Mette"s accent also: apparently "Sonja has a posh Oslo accent" but MM has a "far from posh, southern Norwegian dialect" and she  speaks in a "mumbling fashion", very simialr to Fred, and both speak English better than their native languages.
Though not sure if this is her past ,but if the accent etc is the case and there are such different social levels of accents in Norway what was Haakon thinking- the same as Fred Crazy
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2007, 08:34:49 PM »

Larzen!  I wish she would come here!   Hug
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2007, 10:22:54 PM »

Larzen!  I wish she would come here!   Hug

Yeah, that's what I thought Smiley
shoshanah

Humongous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 10:31:30 PM »

She could eb so beautiful with the right clothes and hair.

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 07:55:54 AM »

The Norwegian Royal fam was not concerned about the effect the susbstance abuse would have on the heirs? Confused Huh?
Lives with one, gets pregnant by another.Thats sounds wild.
And her ex-still has the tape? Poor gal. Huh? Sad

Haakon must REALLY  love her. Maybe sheīs genuinly nice or Haakon is attracted to wild/bad girls, or maybe he didnt have any high expectations /requirements in a wife.I think Fred was like that too.

So far her 3 kids look healthy. Hopefully her kids will do well in school.
Haakon seems to me a more liberal royal. Look at his choice of college, UC Berkeley, studying political science. Berkeley is a liberal hippie town. People's park there has plenty of homeless and drug addicts. After staying in Berkeley for a few years, he probably was not so shocked at meeting a wild girl like MM.
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 03:09:39 PM »

Hi Hanzo,

When the Belgian programme Royalty did a documentary on Mette-Marit, they showed this footage too Wink
Hi royal_sophietje good to see you here!
So I was right. Now that's makes me think of MM in a whole different no-so good light Thinking
On the other hand I know It is Norway and It's easier but I respect her for choosing to keep her baby and be a single mom It can't be easy.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 03:32:07 PM by hanzo1 » Logged

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

autumn

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 06:50:25 PM »

When I first read that Haakon was going to marry her I thought he was crazy. But now I like her. I liked how she tried to do better. She struggled to support herself and Marius I'm sure and at the wedding Marius was a happy, healthy little boy. To date, the NRF has not tried to erase her past, rather MM is quietly going about her business. I think she tries to fade into the background  because of her past and doesn't want anyone to believe she's gone back to her wild party days. But it seems to me she does a good job representing Norway, while raising three beautiful children (I do think she's hands on, she looks like she thrives on motherhood)
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2007, 07:30:26 PM »

i always admire people who will try to be a better person. i was even thinking that what got haakon attracted to her was the fact that she raised her son by herself doing backbreaking job with low pay. so i like her.

i just hope though that she would not overdo her trying to fade in the background, after all, she is the crown princess, whether she likes it or not people will always notice. so, it wouldn't hurt if she will wear clothes that really fit, physically (buttons that hardly close), and agewise. for now, she looks like queen sonja's age.
Empress

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2007, 08:33:43 PM »

Show me a person with a spotless past and I'll show you a person with a myriad of skeletons in their closet.  We are all human, I think most of us have done things we are not proud of, some worse than others but it doesn't make them any less human.

MM did what she did, she lived a wild past.  She will now one day be Queen of Norway and while her past is not typical of what we come to know of Princesses, she seems to be a very loving wife and mother.  She does not come across as haughty or proud and she doesn't have to need to be known as a style icon (although sometimes I wish she would rethink her choices a little).

Just because other CPss have their degrees and some with their so-called careers, doesn't make them a better person on the inside, they just look better on paper.  Sincerity and warmth are much more valued to me than what's on paper.

Here here! My grandmother always told me " people in glass houses should not throw stones."  I think that everyone has things in their lives that they are not proud of. And I do mean EVERYONE. Including Mother Theresa. Although, perhaps what she would not be proud of would not register on most of our scales, but everyone judges themselves by their own yard sticks.

At the end of the day though, I think that the important thing is that the Norwegian people have accepted MM, and that and her family in law are really the only people that matter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: