Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cars.  (Read 5887 times)
dutchess

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 01:07:16 PM »

I find it interesting that none of their private cars seem to have tinted windows, obviously they like to be "seen".

No, that's because they do not wish to differ from their fellow countrymen........... Whistle Whistle
angele123

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 01:24:43 PM »

not different from their country men, ha ha what a joke they should start by axing their royal highness title and start living in normal homes and having normal working lives just like the rest of us! then they would be no different to their fellow country men!
chicken

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 02:35:20 PM »

I'm glad Anna escaped injury but honestly, it would have been interesting had he hit her.
I would have loved to see what the papers said. 

Supercontent Laughing
chicken

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 02:45:25 PM »

This site has lots of pics some of which I hadn't seen before ie there is a picture of the cars they own including Fred's maserati under topic "biler". http://marydk.skysite.dk/
enjoy!
wow.  they have (or have had) lots of cars.

thanks for this link - sort of like "mary, fred and how their cars fit into thier lives".  I loved the shots of them loading up the prams etc.  i'm sure the car makers (and givers) would be very happy with the publicity.

i am not a car fan by any stretch of the imagination, but even i have to say that maserati is very noice.  very noice indeed.

chick   Icecream
Darcy

Mini Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 03:21:46 PM »

http://www.bt.dk/article/20090423/royalt/90423035/

Frederiks old Skoda Superb 3.6 is being put in a museum. The person who bought it, a Skoda dealer, has lent it to the Skoda Museum. Frederik had the car for three years but has replaced it with the lastest model of the same car.
HRN

Big Member

Chinese Face Reading for Mary

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 10:32:26 AM »

A wedding-present... a Saab!

(IMO)

- in my opinion -
=============================================
HRN = Her Royal Nastiness
=============================================

"Don't step down, Miss Julie, take my advice. No one will believe you did so freely; people will always say you fell."
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 01:46:55 PM »

This site has lots of pics some of which I hadn't seen before ie there is a picture of the cars they own including Fred's maserati under topic "biler". http://marydk.skysite.dk/
enjoy!
Ha ha, this is the most silly and naive site in praise of Mary I have seen so far  Laughing
jessmie

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2018, 06:59:50 PM »

Ok, so this thread is really old, by I wanted to post this on a relevant thread.

Just HOW MANY cars do Fred and Mary own? And the seem to change cars awfully often? I do hope they acquire them through leasing rather than buying them!

They had the Audi when they visited Henrik at the hospital and then they had the Land Rover when they visited again with all four children and when they left Fredensborg following Henrik's coffin. Then a few months ago Isabella and Mary left horse-riding practice in a volvo. Just a couple of years ago, they had another Audi. I can go on...

I do get that there are different needs since they are a family of six, and the children will only grow bigger, but that's excessive.

Royal Me!

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2018, 07:41:37 PM »

Star   Thumb up  jessmie

We do need a closer look at F&M's excessiveness!
Ksenija

Medium Member

Latvia Latvia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2018, 08:03:30 PM »

The last picture of Mosh driving car could be a great poster to movie Mad MaxMadame:FuryDesperate Cam wh*ing Road
jessmie

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2018, 08:23:42 PM »

How many cars do they need? And how can they afford them?
Yes, they have a substantial allowance, but how to the manage to combine feeding Mary’s habit for designer clothes, paying salaries to their staff, extracurriculars for the children, buying cars etc with actually saving for the future?

I get that’s not a big concern to them, as they think they’ll always have the money, but do they never feel insecure about the future?

I work at Human Resources at a law firm, and I know partners who make three and four times what they make and don’t spend anywhere near as much as Fred and Mary do.
Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2018, 08:36:11 PM »

How many cars do they need? And how can they afford them?
Yes, they have a substantial allowance, but how to the manage to combine feeding Mary’s habit for designer clothes, paying salaries to their staff, extracurriculars for the children, buying cars etc with actually saving for the future?

I get that’s not a big concern to them, as they think they’ll always have the money, but do they never feel insecure about the future?

I work at Human Resources at a law firm, and I know partners who make three and four times what they make and don’t spend anywhere near as much as Fred and Mary do.

By, from what I've read here, going regularly into debt and begging for more money, and by basically shoplifting (Mary never paying shops for the items she takes) and then pawning the stuff of to that 2nd hand shop, Haberdash? When reading the money managing and what they do, any person would immediately jump to the conclusion that this is some low class family living off benefits and being total chavs. But nope, it's the heir to the throne and his wife... Roll Eyes Classy folks. Or as people these days write for these kind of people: klassy. Snare

PS Unless your question was rethorical, been reading again here since Henrik's passing so am not 100% up to speed! Smiley
kpzra

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2018, 09:27:56 PM »

Could they be given cars to use as advertising ala other royal families?  I don't think 3 is too much personally for regular people.  Hers, his, family vehicle but that's also thinking the parents work which we know isn't the case here usually....
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2018, 10:11:17 PM »

I just assumed their cars were government cars.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
jessmie

Medium Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2018, 10:49:43 PM »

Could they be given cars to use as advertising ala other royal families?  I don't think 3 is too much personally for regular people.  Hers, his, family vehicle but that's also thinking the parents work which we know isn't the case here usually....

I think even three is a lot! Two would be sensible. There's no reason why the family car cannot be his or her car. And like you said, it's not even like they use them every day. In all official engagements, they are chauffeured. Do they lead such busy lives outside their very limited working schedule that they need three big family cars?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: