Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QUEEN MARY  (Read 12860 times)
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« on: April 15, 2009, 06:50:55 PM »

http://www.bt.dk/article/20090415/royalt/90415010/

Flertal af danskere: Mary er klar til at blive dronning

The majority of Danes: Mary is ready to be Queen

Efter kun fem år som kongelig, mener tre ud af fire danskere, at Mary er klar til at blive dronning.

After only five years as a royal, three out of four Danes mean that Mary is ready to be Queen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The article doesn’t mention how they arrived at the 3 out of 4 Danes….the journalism is saccharoid,……some historian (John Bloch Skipper), says that HRH is a worthy representative for the modern woman (?) Shocked ……she is just as significant as Fred in public (wouldn’t take much now, would it!) ….he also thinks that the population identifies itself with Morey Roll Eyes (hallucinating again Mr Skipper…) and that she appears genuine Wink….she has a fantastic ability to be professional and authentic….. Whistle

It’s a no news day, and the guy is trying to stay awake, either that, or he is a suitable case for treatment…..IMO - of course! Smiley

lupina

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr Seuss

The other RD - http://richarddawkins.net/
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 07:09:22 PM »

Wow!  Shows how crazy they are about Marge! Whistle Whistle

I wonder if Mosh would want it so soon since isn't she supposed to do a lot more as Queen?  It's hard enough for them as CPs!
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 07:32:00 PM »

I studied history with Jon Bloch Skipper. Always sucking up to the professors and now he is sucking up to the royal family so that he can sit on the lap of the Queen, kissing ass and write a book about The three sisters.  Dead Nono Thumb down
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 07:49:06 PM »

All these articles about Freddles and ME being ready for the throne must be upsetting  for Daisy,especially since her BD is tomorow.Poor old lady Sad

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 10:19:23 PM »

LOL, just a little more encouragement from the adoring masses and I wouldn't be surprised if Mary pushed the Queen off the balcony tomorrow... oops, accident....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 10:59:27 PM »

Faithful readers of my Billed Bladet installments will note that Jon Bloch Skipper is the editor of the Royal Mailbag. The Royal Mailbag would never engage in any negative talk of the royal meal ticket!

And as Lille pointed out, he is the author of the recently published book '3 Sisters' on Dais, Bene and AM. (Referenced in one of last year's late BBs). He's got some other project on the boards, so he will never say or write anything to spoil that source of income and flattery!
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 12:09:14 AM »

All these articles about Freddles and ME being ready for the throne must be upsetting  for Daisy,especially since her BD is tomorow.Poor old lady Sad
There have been a spate of them recently....

Makes me wonder whether the editors of BB know something the average Dane doesn't. Margrethe isn't the healthiest woman around, maybe she is considering retirement and the press have been informed/are aware of this?

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 02:31:43 AM »

LS one more post to 6000+++ Grin

Why is there a rush to anoint Mary and Fred as King and Queen?

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 04:14:06 AM »

Why is there a rush to anoint Mary and Fred as King and Queen?
[/quote]

...maybe ' cause monarchy Titanic is sinking??? Halo

And congrats to LS too Champagne

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 05:36:29 AM »

I have no doubt that Mary is ready to be queen; she always was. But the thought of it is simply disgusting to me, as she's too much to bear as a crown princess. I dread the day when she becomes Fred's consort. Yuck!
jewel

Big Member

HRH Crown Princess Mary of Trademark

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 05:51:42 AM »

I don't mind (and don't care) Mary is married to Fred and that they are so madly in love bla bla bla, but I honestly dislike the fact that she is married to the next king of Denmark. I even don't like the fact that Fred is the next king of Denmark.
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 07:34:00 AM »

The sad thing is there is no better alternative to M&F. Joachim is more regal but he married a Mary copy. Alex and Joakkie were ideal.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
boof

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 12:05:06 PM »

I studied history with Jon Bloch Skipper. Always sucking up to the professors and now he is sucking up to the royal family so that he can sit on the lap of the Queen, kissing ass and write a book about The three sisters.  Dead Nono Thumb down

Always good to have a board member who has some first hand personal knowledge of "a source".  Terrific comment Lille!  I am not at all surprised.  Very sycophantic sounding, this fellow. 

I doubt it--she's probably got a million other things she's paying attention to.  Who knows?  Maybe she's utterly thrilled (but I doubt it; she's in fairly poor health but she's not a blind moron--I'm sure she knows he's not up to the task yet.)   

IMO, I don't think either Fred or Mary is ready to sit the throne for Denmark.  They're too busy living the high life, flitting around on holiday after holiday (ok, so some of them are supposed to be official duties--please!  It's as plain as day that they're nothing more than working holidays and I use the term working very loosely.), sailing and drinking and shopping and posing, competing with ones SIL to see who can stay the favourite........why, when would they ever have time to do that stuff when they are busy Kinging and Queening?

I don't think Daisy will ever give it up.  I think she will pass away as Queen, not Queen Mother. 

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~Tommy Smothers

I agree.  If you don't like what I have to say, feel free to press the ignore button.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 03:03:29 PM »

However the tides are turning and the mood for royal romance has outlived its prime.
Changes in the highest rank and more so changes in the succession have always put the whole system at risk. People start to think about the concept, once that changes are imminent.
I could imagine, that would Fred and Mary become king and queen now, on the last wave of acception and devotion to the royal system, the monarchy would be quite secure until Christian himself is old enough to take over and rock the boat.
However if change comes in some years, the situation could be hostile enough towards royalty and Danes could get the idea, that now that the Queen was dead, lets drop the whole thing and be done with pomp and glitter.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
boof

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 03:54:30 PM »

Well, that is true, and a very good point. 

But I still don't think Marge would give it up, for the simple thought that she is just too stubborn, and would refuse to see that her loyal subject would "turn" on the royal family after her demise.  I get the impression that she would absolutely defy the naysayers, come hell or high water; they will tear the title "Queen of Denmark" from her cold dead hands! lol   

IMO, to her stepping down to allow Fred to ascend the throne would be admitting personal defeat, and I don't think there is anything defeatest about her.  She seems like a tough old bird, a hard nut to crack.......whatever cliché you want to use! lol   

And I'll giver her this much--she's loyal to her position.  She takes it very seriously, even though I don't think it's anything more than just ceremony and tradition.  It's not like she's got any say over how things are run, politically speaking.  She's a figurehead with much influence, and she takes that quite seriously. 

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~Tommy Smothers

I agree.  If you don't like what I have to say, feel free to press the ignore button.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: