Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QUEEN MARY  (Read 16591 times)
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 02:05:15 AM »

I think Marge is like any other royal; likes the dress-ups and attention. That's all there is to their commitment. If Marge didn't have the life-style she does, she wouldn't give a rat's ass for the monarchy.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 03:11:49 AM »

However the tides are turning and the mood for royal romance has outlived its prime.
Changes in the highest rank and more so changes in the succession have always put the whole system at risk. People start to think about the concept, once that changes are imminent.
I could imagine, that would Fred and Mary become king and queen now, on the last wave of acception and devotion to the royal system, the monarchy would be quite secure until Christian himself is old enough to take over and rock the boat.
However if change comes in some years, the situation could be hostile enough towards royalty and Danes could get the idea, that now that the Queen was dead, lets drop the whole thing and be done with pomp and glitter.

Dunno Fairy, on the one hand, I agee with you...but on the other hand, no. You see it all depends on them Sloow Danes, and how much they can still carry this dead-weight on their backs called monarchy, when/if the global recession starts to hit home more and more...things like global recession or large scale events always force people to re-evaluate where they are and why...if authors like Trine can publish and have people read her stuff it means there is an alternative view out there, and its spreading...not everyone is entralled by any of these decorative puppets. And lets not forget the impact of EU will have on Danmark's economy and socially...there is every chance that once Daisy goes, the rest will be left as tour guides. Neither Doc Fred, nor MEdiana have the innate understanding of how show of pomp n ceremony work, like Daisy understands it and makes it work. my bet is that it will diminish in stature, like the English monarchy will once Chucky and Cowmilla takes over. They don't make 'em like they did with Lillibeth, Daisy and Bee anymore...

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Poptart
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 03:19:13 AM »

However the tides are turning and the mood for royal romance has outlived its prime.
Changes in the highest rank and more so changes in the succession have always put the whole system at risk. People start to think about the concept, once that changes are imminent.
I could imagine, that would Fred and Mary become king and queen now, on the last wave of acception and devotion to the royal system, the monarchy would be quite secure until Christian himself is old enough to take over and rock the boat.
However if change comes in some years, the situation could be hostile enough towards royalty and Danes could get the idea, that now that the Queen was dead, lets drop the whole thing and be done with pomp and glitter.

Dunno Fairy, on the one hand, I agee with you...but on the other hand, no. You see it all depends on them Sloow Danes, and how much they can still carry this dead-weight on their backs called monarchy, when/if the global recession starts to hit home more and more...things like global recession or large scale events always force people to re-evaluate where they are and why...if authors like Trine can publish and have people read her stuff it means there is an alternative view out there, and its spreading...not everyone is entralled by any of these decorative puppets. And lets not forget the impact of EU will have on Danmark's economy and socially...there is every chance that once Daisy goes, the rest will be left as tour guides. Neither Doc Fred, nor MEdiana have the innate understanding of how show of pomp n ceremony work, like Daisy understands it and makes it work. my bet is that it will diminish in stature, like the English monarchy will once Chucky and Cowmilla takes over. They don't make 'em like they did with Lillibeth, Daisy and Bee anymore...

G Smiley

Naw...not since they started to employ "import" call girls for CP's
boof

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 12:26:57 PM »

I think Marge is like any other royal; likes the dress-ups and attention. That's all there is to their commitment. If Marge didn't have the life-style she does, she wouldn't give a rat's ass for the monarchy.

Oh no doubt!  That's really all it is--dress ups and attention, lavish lifestyle.....that's what royalty is all about now, because the royals no longer rule in the biblical sense, they are simply just a logo, a brand name if you will.  Essentially, they are no longer relevant.  Without the dress up and ceremonial do's and events, they would not even exist.  So I agree, were all the fun stuff taken away, she'd not give a fat rats.

Imagine the Queen having to go out and get a real job!  Imagine any of the royals having to actually work in exchange for their lifestyle--as in punch a time clock or fill out a time sheet, donning a horid uniform and take orders from **gasp** commoners off the street!  Or milking cows, garbage pick up, boring-ass admin assistant work--al the kinids of jobs where you get all the crap and none of the kudos! lol 
Promoting openings, giving speeches, cutting ribbons, attending balls and gala's, being patron of numerous charities is NOT work by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm sure the days can be long; I'm sure it gets tiring waving, posing, waving, posing, not to mention having your picture taken a LOT, but at the end of the day.....they do largely nothing to earn what they are given--and they are given an awful lot! 

That's probably why she takes the dressing up and event-attending, and charity promoting seriously, because she knows that's all there is to her "role".  It's her and her families meal ticket.  Where there no crowds cheering and waving flags, I'm not sure any of them would know what to do! lol 

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~Tommy Smothers

I agree.  If you don't like what I have to say, feel free to press the ignore button.
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 12:35:21 PM »

See, the old chimney can't give up the crown as she would then not be the focal point. She'd just be a granny with yellow teeth (sorry, Marge).
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 01:11:30 PM »

Both Fred and Mary are past their prime IMO they would be the same boring couple as king and queen so I don't care either way

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 07:40:24 PM »

I think it will depend on if Fred gets the IOC position. 
French

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 07:41:45 PM »

It's not a tradition in the DRF for the regent for abdicate so it won't happen. We won't see Mary as queen before Daisy dies ..
Santacruz

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 09:09:31 AM »

I am not a fan of monarchy but I must say that Marge seems to be very good at being Queen. Same with Elizabeth and Beatrix. They are strong, confident and intelligent women and they all have something about them that makes them leaders in one way or the other. Unfortunately I don't see these qualities in Fred & Mary. They try too hard to fit in and pretend to be suitable for the job. But they are not, ask someone at a human ressources department, it doesn't take too much knowledge of psychology to see that.
jewel

Big Member

HRH Crown Princess Mary of Trademark

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 01:46:16 PM »

Regardless how suck Mary is, she cannot be sacked by the people. For constitutional monarchy like Denmark, an intelligent monarch - let alone the queen consort - is not a necessity, I think. The country is run by PM and the cabinet anyway. All Mary needs to do are to look good, pretty, boring, and to speak less (and I believe that is not that hard for people like Mary).
With regards to the people...well... as long as they are still able to live conviniently and enjoy the country's welfare (which is of course, it's the result of PM and his team's hardwork, NOT Mary Wink), they will be unlikely to kick Mary (and the rest) out from country. What for? So much for the cost.
The best thing the people can do are just criticising and mocking her, if she's really that bad. And I imagine, for a person who had already secured her position for life, whatever people from down there say about her, it will be just considered as farts (unpleasant at the beginning, but will eventually dissapear anyway). 
boof

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 05:02:13 PM »

See, the old chimney can't give up the crown as she would then not be the focal point. She'd just be a granny with yellow teeth (sorry, Marge).

Oh Leesa!  Never ever apologise for what is a repeatedly proven cold, hard fact! lol
Look, Marge might be a great Queen and a really nice person, but when it comes down to it, I've seen better looking teeth on mules.  I think it's such and issue because we all know how easily it could be taken care of.   

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~Tommy Smothers

I agree.  If you don't like what I have to say, feel free to press the ignore button.
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 06:32:39 PM »

Oh Leesa!  Never ever apologise for what is a repeatedly proven cold, hard fact! lol
Look, Marge might be a great Queen and a really nice person, but when it comes down to it, I've seen better looking teeth on mules.  I think it's such and issue because we all know how easily it could be taken care of.   

which brings up the question as to why she doesn't get her teeth cleaned and whitened
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 10:07:09 AM »

Good question, but I think that years of abuse in form of ciggies and redwine and she does strike me as a heavy coffee drinker just take their toll. I don't know how many layers of the teeth you could safely remove, esp. of an elderly woman with very difficult calcium deposition.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
dutchess

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009, 03:17:28 PM »

Well, then pull the whole lot and get an artificial set of theeth. That would look a whole lot better imho.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 04:06:28 PM »

NOt so sure about that, lol.
I can picture her majesty doing her vivacious "hurrah" on the balcony and sending her teeth flying thru Denmark....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: