Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Rania in Hello-10th anniversary of investiture  (Read 6678 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 07:48:52 PM »

Considering it was a photoshoot it's perfectly plausible that some of the dresses were borrowed. Moreover Rania regularly borrows clothes from designers or receives items with a discount. Unlike many of the other female Royals she is actually well-known enough and admired enough for a designer to benefit from her wearing one of their outfits.

Moreover Jordanian queens have always worn expensive, designer clothing. If anything many have dressed a lot more lavishly in the past than Rania does.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 07:53:29 PM »

The palace seems like an interesting place
It does look fabulous doesn't it? I'd love to see some more photos of the building itself, here were some good vidoes from the Pope's visit where you could see the design of the structure. I remember reading that they used lots of local materials and craftsmanship to give the palace an authentic feel.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
royal observer

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 08:06:38 PM »

Considering it was a photoshoot it's perfectly plausible that some of the dresses were borrowed. Moreover Rania regularly borrows clothes from designers or receives items with a discount. Unlike many of the other female Royals she is actually well-known enough and admired enough for a designer to benefit from her wearing one of their outfits.

Moreover Jordanian queens have always worn expensive, designer clothing. If anything many have dressed a lot more lavishly in the past than Rania does.

If the designer duds were "borrowed", then I'm fine with it. Although I've never heard that designers lend clothes to royals (only to celebrities/actresses). How do you know the clothes are borrowed? Even it was bought at a "discount", it's still very very expensive. As for other Jordanian queens wearing designer clothes, yes I know that Noor does it as well, and it doesn't make it right for her to do so either considering how poor the country is.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 08:11:32 PM »

Rania said herself in an interview some years ago that she receives a lot of free clothes and that a lot of her clothes are borrowed. Moreover, considering how she goes through phases with designers, who then often speak about her warmly in interviews, it would seem fairly obvious that she has some arrangements with different individuals.

It's a pretty savvy thing to do as she gets to wear fabulous clothes without having to pay the full price.

I wasn't thinking of Noor, Queen Alia for example was well-known for her couture habit, something Rania rarely indulges in. Most of her clothes are ready-to-wear and as such will be a lot cheaper than some of the coutrue that others like Lalla Salma or Sheikha Mozah wear.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2009, 04:50:22 PM »

and as such will be a lot cheaper than some of the coutrue that others like Lalla Salma or Sheikha Mozah wear.
their husbands are very rich(King M6 and Sheikh Hahamd) check-up the Forbis list of the most rich royals,not sur about JRF,their fortune still a mystery,it's impossible to know how much money they have or how much they cost Jordan.

anyway i believe that all royals buy alot of stuff that not all their citizens can offer to them self both in poor or rich countries.

royalfamily

Muted
Medium Member

Portugal Portugal

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 01:45:01 PM »

that could be cool. :D

my forum: crownroyals.proboards.com - active members only
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 05:15:06 PM »

The palace seems like an interesting place
It does look fabulous doesn't it? I'd love to see some more photos of the building itself, here were some good vidoes from the Pope's visit where you could see the design of the structure. I remember reading that they used lots of local materials and craftsmanship to give the palace an authentic feel.

Is it true that this palace is not the family home? I was under the impression that this palace is used for formal events ie: Pope's visit.  I was thinking that it is like  the Royal Palace in Madrid, but that the family actually  lives in another home. Correct me if I am wrong though.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 07:10:40 PM »

I'm not sure, I had thought the new palace was also where they lived....
From what I understand they have a suite of offices there, formal reception rooms and a private quarter.

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 08:48:31 PM »

I'm not sure, I had thought the new palace was also where they lived....
From what I understand they have a suite of offices there, formal reception rooms and a private quarter.

I thought I'd read something about it on TRF, but it may have been about an older palace.  I thought the courtyard where they met the Pope was lovely.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 10:56:14 AM »

Yes, it is beautiful. That's the new palace and that's where they host foreign dignitaries. I'm 99% sure that is the same palace that they live in as well.

Noor

Baby Member

Portugal Portugal

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 11:58:28 AM »

These pics were taken at Royal Court offices not in her palace they dont live there. In 2005 they built new offices (where Rania had her office, she posed to Harpers Bazaar, Pope´s visit...) near King Hussein´s mosque.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »

Thanks Noor! I thought their new home adjoined the mosque and offices!

Noor

Baby Member

Portugal Portugal

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2009, 07:08:18 PM »

Thanks Noor! I thought their new home adjoined the mosque and offices!

Welcome. No their new home is outside Amman, people say the new palace is more big and so different their old home.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: