Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles is Madame Tussaud's first "green' waxwork!  (Read 2138 times)
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« on: May 24, 2007, 08:24:37 PM »

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/ar...wax-tussauds-charles.html

"Famed wax museum Madame Tussauds has unveiled its first "green" figure: an updated wax sculpture of longtime environmentalist Prince Charles.

The "carbon neutral" figure is part of an updated, $2-million US exhibit of the Royal Family museum officials introduced in London on Wednesday.

""The Prince of Wales is a major champion of green issues, and we always aim to be up to date with how we portray the figures," said museum spokesman Ben Lovett.

"To leave a minimal carbon footprint during the sculpture's four-month creation process, staffers recycled wax from an old, 1989 figure of the Prince of Wales supplemented by natural materials such as organic beeswax and clay instead of using all new materials.

"Organic pigments were used for the figure's colouring, scuptors used their hands and traditional methods eschewing electric-powered tools and only worked during daytime hours to cut down on electricity. Staff also bicycled to many meetings about the project.

The museum will also offset any remaining carbon generated by the creation of the new Prince Charles figure by planting trees in Cornwall."

We may not all be represented at Madame Tussaud's, but we can all strive to be carbon-neutral.  Anyway, that's my big personal goal.

Meanwhile, Tufts Climate Initiative (http://www.tufts.edu/tie/tci) base in Boston, recommends the two following carbon-offset companies for those who fly too much (me)  Sad

*    atmosfair.de

*    climatefriendly.com

wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/ar...wax-tussauds-charles.html

"Famed wax museum Madame Tussauds has unveiled its first "green" figure: an updated wax sculpture of longtime environmentalist Prince Charles.

The "carbon neutral" figure is part of an updated, $2-million US exhibit of the Royal Family museum officials introduced in London on Wednesday.

""The Prince of Wales is a major champion of green issues, and we always aim to be up to date with how we portray the figures," said museum spokesman Ben Lovett.

"To leave a minimal carbon footprint during the sculpture's four-month creation process, staffers recycled wax from an old, 1989 figure of the Prince of Wales supplemented by natural materials such as organic beeswax and clay instead of using all new materials.

"Organic pigments were used for the figure's colouring, scuptors used their hands and traditional methods eschewing electric-powered tools and only worked during daytime hours to cut down on electricity. Staff also bicycled to many meetings about the project.

The museum will also offset any remaining carbon generated by the creation of the new Prince Charles figure by planting trees in Cornwall."

We may not all be represented at Madame Tussaud's, but we can all strive to be carbon-neutral.  Anyway, that's my big personal goal.

Meanwhile, Tufts Climate Initiative (http://www.tufts.edu/tie/tci) base in Boston, recommends the two following carbon-offset companies for those who fly too much (me)  Sad

*    atmosfair.de

*    climatefriendly.com

but isn't natural beeswax more expensive, and so are the natural pigments? therefore use more people to procure them. i am all for the green revolution too, love to plant and anything that deals with that. i like prince charles initiative too, but how can he encourage people to go green, and reduce carbon footprints if he himself can't inspire his own wife to fly on a commercial airliner in going to a vacation? ok, she needs to be comfortable after a hysterectomy, but waht about first class?
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 11:31:56 PM »

I don't know, let's hope he takes a (green) leaf out of his mother's book, tracks his carbon footprint from now on, and offsets it!
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 02:26:13 PM »

Blimey! That's an honour, methinks. And it went to Big-Ear-Charlie! Good on ya, Charlie!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: