Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Crown Princess Fits Right In in their Respective Countries?  (Read 5360 times)
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« on: May 25, 2007, 06:07:33 PM »

and if they don't why?

i will start. Princess Mathilde really is the ideal crown princess for Belgium, her family background represents the different areas of her country. the first Belgian crown princess/future queen. during the times that the BRF is highly unpopular, she is the glue that binds the people's support together.
Zaria

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 11:01:38 PM »

I agree, wear. I visit Belgium frequently and I think Mathilde suits the people over there very well. The same thing goes for Maxima over here. I think she really is as outgoing as the Dutch are. She's spontaneous and that's one thing Dutch people like.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 11:14:36 PM »

Mathilde I believe speaks both French and Flemish.
Zaria

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 11:31:46 PM »

Yes, she does. But she's not confident while speaking Dutch/Flemish. I think she does it quite well, but a lot of Flemish people aren't really satisfied with her skills...
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 11:47:32 PM »

Yes, she does. But she's not confident while speaking Dutch/Flemish. I think she does it quite well, but a lot of Flemish people aren't really satisfied with her skills...

i think it's because the Flemish people (Antwerp region), are the ones who are mostly anti-monarchy.
Zaria

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 11:53:16 PM »

Yes, they're pro-Flemish and anti-Belgium and the royal family is one of the things that is keeping Belgium together, so they should go. I think it's a pity some people think like that, but Belgium is a complicated country and the differences between the Walloon and the Flemish part are big...
Avise

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 07:08:47 PM »

Well they all seem to be except Camilla of course Grin. Surely Haakon set the low standard and that is the end of royalty really. Probably Mathilde first, followed by Lalla Salma, then Maxima. The others- I don't understand the CPs choices or the real feeling in their respective countries.(Apart from Camilla Grin)
Perhaps we should look at their parents' choices though, as some of them started the new non- royal  and very commoner standard, particularly Scandinavia.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 07:11:13 PM »

I don't know enough about all the various CP's so could not really say. Mathilde seems to have slid perfectly into the family but I've heard of the criticism of her not speaking Flemish before.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 01:05:38 AM »

I agree, wear. I visit Belgium frequently and I think Mathilde suits the people over there very well. The same thing goes for Maxima over here. I think she really is as outgoing as the Dutch are. She's spontaneous and that's one thing Dutch people like.

i think you're right with princess maxima. her vivacious personality fits right in with the people of the netherlands.
Elspeth

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 10:38:09 PM »

Well they all seem to be except Camilla of course .

Camilla's doing fine. In the present generation there wouldn't have been a problem with the heir marrying a woman who'd had previous relationships; Charles was just unlucky that he was of the generation where simply marrying for love wasn't going to be permitted but his arranged marriage with a "suitable" bride had to give the impression of being a love match. Camilla is so much like the royals that she can't be that unsuitable.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 11:45:17 PM »

i really don't know their story, but what was really wrong with camilla the first time that she wasn't suitable?
Elspeth

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 12:21:10 AM »

She'd slept with other men and had a whole string of boyfriends. She also wasn't from the aristocracy although that might not have mattered so much. Revelations from a previous lover derailed Davina Sheffield's romance with Charles, and there were quite a few more than just one boyfriend in Camilla's case. I think also that Charles wouldn't have been encouraged to marry while he was in the Navy, so the timing wasn't good.

I think maybe the way Charles and Diana's marriage fell apart might have given the royal family and their advisors a clue that virginity and an aristocratic daddy aren't the most important things in a royal wife these days, so the present generation will be held to different standards.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 12:46:59 AM »

thank you, Elspeth.
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 10:25:07 PM »

Japan's Crown Princess Masako has been a clinical disaster.  They took this ultra educated linguistic goodlooking happy young woman and turned her into a classbook case of mental illness.  Many articles have been written about the poisoning of her and her motherinlaw, Empress Michiko.....I guess their are many ways of using poison, those responsible are truly the vipers.  My heart goes out to both lovely ladies.  Its a shame they can't get out, truly a prison, a living hell.
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 10:27:44 PM »

Queen Noor and Queen Rania of Jordan have had such an impact of their adoptive Country.  Queen Noor was from USA, and Queen Rania's family were Palastine. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: