Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Crown Princess Fits Right In in their Respective Countries?  (Read 5359 times)
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 10:33:08 PM »

I think Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway got off to a very rocky start, but thru hard work, perseverance, a ready smile and the love of Haakon she  is well liked and admired. 
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 10:37:48 PM »

Crown Princess Maxima has probably done the best job....her approval ratings are very high, and the Dutch admire and love her, as does everyone who sees her beautiful smile.  She made it a priority to learn the language and customs, ratings are 100%.  She obviously loves her husband and entire extended family and it shows the hard work she has put into her role
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 10:41:41 PM »

Crown Princess Letizia work as a team with her husband.  She does very few solo engagements.  By herself I don't know if she has made a statement, except tp produce two adorable heartbreaker daughters.  Time will tell on her and the impact on Spain.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 10:53:40 PM »

And now we come to Crown Princess Mary.  I don't know how much is her, or how much is the media, or how much are the gray suits.  She does everything okay (on the surface), ....no complaint....no spark (either).   Perhaps she is just trying to follow everyones directions and do as she is told.  She smiles, smiles, and smiles for the camera ... but what is she really thinking??  With the other Crown Princess you get a feeling of what they are feeling and thinking.  In her engagement interview she said it was her ---Destiny to be a Crown Princess----so maybe she is following a path that is only known to her.  I miss the Original Mary.  This one seems like a doll or a puppet.....Oh well, time will tell, although I'm sure she is in for the long-run
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 10:59:11 PM »

I've gone this far, so might as well finish with Camilla.  Camilla wants and will be Queen.  She will even make appearances in public.  I think she is probably the most lazy, and the most gifted with jewels and private planes.  The Queen and Senior Members of the Royal Family work very hard, wonder what they think.  It would probably fy all our computers if we knew/
Peggy G.

Micro Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 01:53:39 AM »

and if they don't why?

i will start. Princess Mathilde really is the ideal crown princess for Belgium, her family background represents the different areas of her country. the first Belgian crown princess/future queen. during the times that the BRF is highly unpopular, she is the glue that binds the people's support together.

I agree - Mathilde really fits in with Belgian RF and Belgium. Victoria of Sweden is also suitable for Sweden, I feel.. although she is not a wife of some crown prince, but future-queen.. so maybe we should not include her..?  Wink

Maxima reminds me of her mother-in-law, is that strange or what? I think that she will fit in nicely, her gestures and expressions are just as lively and positive as her mother-in-laws.

I also believe that Camilla (the Duchess of Cornwall) understands British people and the values of RF. I know that she is a controversial figure, but I appreciate the fact that she is a traditional British lady but also modern: she has worked, she has been in touch with her time. Yes, she is a divorcee but so..? Just take one look at Norway: I wonder if it is any better to have a child out of wedlock and that kind of past... Atleast Camilla brought up her kids together with their father and the kids were quite big when they divorced.

I like Mary of Denmark but I think that she will still have surprises coming, Australia is after all quite different than Denmark and it takes a lot of time to adjust.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 10:47:44 PM »

and if they don't why?

i will start. Princess Mathilde really is the ideal crown princess for Belgium, her family background represents the different areas of her country. the first Belgian crown princess/future queen. during the times that the BRF is highly unpopular, she is the glue that binds the people's support together.

I agree - Mathilde really fits in with Belgian RF and Belgium. Victoria of Sweden is also suitable for Sweden, I feel.. although she is not a wife of some crown prince, but future-queen.. so maybe we should not include her..?  Wink

Maxima reminds me of her mother-in-law, is that strange or what? I think that she will fit in nicely, her gestures and expressions are just as lively and positive as her mother-in-laws.

I also believe that Camilla (the Duchess of Cornwall) understands British people and the values of RF. I know that she is a controversial figure, but I appreciate the fact that she is a traditional British lady but also modern: she has worked, she has been in touch with her time. Yes, she is a divorcee but so..? Just take one look at Norway: I wonder if it is any better to have a child out of wedlock and that kind of past... Atleast Camilla brought up her kids together with their father and the kids were quite big when they divorced.

I like Mary of Denmark but I think that she will still have surprises coming, Australia is after all quite different than Denmark and it takes a lot of time to adjust.
Thanks Peggy for your input, thats what makes this Board so great ... we all read the same question, and we all answer the same question witth a different viewpoint.  I was not aware that Camilla had ever worked ... what did she do?  I think you are probably correct on Mary, that we may all have a surprise coming, she has changed so many times I'm dizzy.  I think everyone agrees on CP Maxima...she's 100%
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 11:21:42 PM »

I think Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway got off to a very rocky start, but thru hard work, perseverance, a ready smile and the love of Haakon she  is well liked and admired. 
Is she admired in Norway?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 11:26:54 PM by hanzo1 » Logged

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Miepie

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 11:39:08 PM »

And now we come to Crown Princess Mary.  I don't know how much is her, or how much is the media, or how much are the gray suits.  She does everything okay (on the surface), ....no complaint....no spark (either).   Perhaps she is just trying to follow everyones directions and do as she is told.  She smiles, smiles, and smiles for the camera ... but what is she really thinking??  With the other Crown Princess you get a feeling of what they are feeling and thinking. In her engagement interview she said it was her ---Destiny to be a Crown Princess----so maybe she is following a path that is only known to her.  I miss the Original Mary.  This one seems like a doll or a puppet.....Oh well, time will tell, although I'm sure she is in for the long-run

I don't agree here; I have the same question with the other crownprincesesses, except for Mathilde.
And I do think Mary can spark.. she just has to losen up a bit. Be more casual and trying less to be perfect.. just laugh hard and get your hair very messy for some time.  Icecream
She looks like a doll from time to time, with the white skin and the pancake make-up..... but I believe she is great under all that crap.
Peggy G.

Micro Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007, 10:09:35 AM »

Thanks Peggy for your input, thats what makes this Board so great ... we all read the same question, and we all answer the same question witth a different viewpoint.  I was not aware that Camilla had ever worked ... what did she do?

I read it some time ago that she had a job (maybe it was a part time job and I don't know WHEN this happened) .. that she was some kind of receptionist/secretary or something like that, for an architect or interior designer.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: