Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Documentary on Marie  (Read 9487 times)
royal observer

« on: July 29, 2009, 08:23:52 PM »

Has anyone else seen the documentary made about Marie at the time of her engagement? In the first five minutes, Marie's dog starts barking during the interview and for a moment Marie loses her sweet composure, and looks really pissed off at the dog telling her to "Sit!". When she realizes that the dog was already sitting, she bursts out laughing so hard that she actually snorted before covering her face with her hands!  Laughing
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 01:00:32 AM »

Ok RO, where's that link!!! Yes

Its sounds too good to be true Thumb up Smiley

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 04:11:14 AM »

Click on 'Prinsesse på vej' in the right hand column. The scene you describe starts at 1:40 and it is totally cute.

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/...up/Fraklip/Bonusmateriale
dwi
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 04:30:02 PM »

I did enjoy this; it was really good and Marie was very honest; it was rather in-depth, as opposed to Mary's, which seemed phoney and was not indepth at all and rather shallow -- like her?Huh? Whistle Whistle
royal observer

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 07:00:51 PM »

I did enjoy this; it was really good and Marie was very honest; it was rather in-depth, as opposed to Mary's, which seemed phoney and was not indepth at all and rather shallow -- like her?Huh? Whistle Whistle

I've noticed that too. I also like the parts where Marie is taking time to learn Danish and especially going around learning the history of the buildings and so forth. In Mary's documentary, it was a lot of her going around Australia - shopping in Sydney, places in Tasmania, etc, her family,her friends. In other words, it was all about HER. I didn't see anything about Mary trying to learn about her future country.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 03:22:05 AM »

Click on 'Prinsesse på vej' in the right hand column. The scene you describe starts at 1:40 and it is totally cute.

thanks for this Cece...brilliant link!!! Thumb up Hug

If MII lives up to her promise she should make more of a contribution than MEdiana has managed in 8 years...

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
royal observer

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 04:12:43 AM »

If MII lives up to her promise she should make more of a contribution than MEdiana has managed in 8 years...

G Smiley
I'm glad others are enjoying the video as much as I did - that's why I mentioned it. Apparently, Marie's Danish is already as good as Mary's after such a short time. People who's heard her first speech in Danish said it was as good (if not better) than Mary's grasp of the language.

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 04:44:10 AM »

G Smiley
I'm glad others are enjoying the video as much as I did - that's why I mentioned it. Apparently, Marie's Danish is already as good as Mary's after such a short time. People who's heard her first speech in Danish said it was as good (if not better) than Mary's grasp of the language.

my apologies RO...thx again for the link Thumb up

G

thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 11:11:44 AM »

I know a lot of people on the board don't like her, but from what I saw, I get the feeling she is a warm and genuine person - not perfect by any means (who is, really?) but at least what you see is what you get. She doesn't try to represent herself as to the manor born, unlike SIL. In fact, she says she never dreamed of being a princess, etc - compared to Mary's "it was destiny" bullshit.  Lastly, I love how she says she's looking forward to being a princess, but looking most forward to being Joachim's wife, similar themes as in the engagement interview. It's great that she always makes sure to point out that she loves Joachim or is interested in him, not the position (whether or not it's her true feeling is another matter - at least she tries to come across as a loving and caring wife, not a self-absorbed princess wannabe with WAG tendencies).

So, you mother of little Henrik, I've giving you a big  Thumb up
chicken

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 09:55:08 PM »

Hi Guys,

I know this is a blast from the past, but does anyone have access to this Marie-mentary?  I would like to re-watch it but it's no longer available online at the original location (at DR tv).

chick
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 11:12:54 PM »

Hi Guys,

I know this is a blast from the past, but does anyone have access to this Marie-mentary?  I would like to re-watch it but it's no longer available online at the original location (at DR tv).

chick

oohhh, that's where this link went....ooops sorry.... "hi" chick, long time no see,  Hug Star good to have you back!

I couldn't find this thread initially, so I made a new one > here: http://royaldish.com/inde...=7856.msg421461#msg421461

But I will re-post the vids here as well:

Pre-engagement interview
Part 1: http://youtu.be/7wnhZOnBzVg
Part 2: http://youtu.be/1mBk9aKiOsc
Part 3: http://youtu.be/axDCu4ii6SM

Engagement Press Conference
http://youtu.be/6Z7HQS7XsPI

Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 09:26:09 AM »

I know a lot of people on the board don't like her, but from what I saw, I get the feeling she is a warm and genuine person - not perfect by any means (who is, really?) but at least what you see is what you get. She doesn't try to represent herself as to the manor born, unlike SIL. In fact, she says she never dreamed of being a princess, etc - compared to Mary's "it was destiny" bullshit.  Lastly, I love how she says she's looking forward to being a princess, but looking most forward to being Joachim's wife, similar themes as in the engagement interview. It's great that she always makes sure to point out that she loves Joachim or is interested in him, not the position (whether or not it's her true feeling is another matter - at least she tries to come across as a loving and caring wife, not a self-absorbed princess wannabe with WAG tendencies).

So, you mother of little Henrik, I've giving you a big  Thumb up

marie too said in an interview that it was her destiny to marry jokke and become a princess of denmark. so did henrik (marge's husband). and mary of course. not sure if alexandra did.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 05:54:02 PM »

Well then they apparently all read the same handbok on "how to conduct a royal engagement interview" Whistle

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 08:50:53 PM »

I thought I put this one here. This is the school Marie went to

Welcome
By Jérôme de Meyer, on janvier 3rd, 2012

We are glad to welcome you to the Internet site of the “Collège Beau Soleil” and to allow you to discover one hundred years of history of one of the oldest private schools in Switzerland. This story is not only the one of the third generation of the same family, It is the one of the great community of our alumni – which – all around the world – tells the story of their school sharing the memories of their stay with us. Since 1910, our core values remain the same; act responsibly, behave with respect, be ambitious and develop a sense of effort. These values are part of our daily life in the academic sphere, the arts, sport and expeditions. You can download our history on this web site, and – maybe – one day become part of it …

“At Beau Soleil, we are of the conviction that a student confronting failure must assume full responsibility and not look for excuses. Students are encouraged to learn and grow from the experience. The real failure is not in slipping, but in failing to pick oneself up”.

here's the link for more information: http://www.beausoleil.ch/site/?p=273

this looks like a little castle, it is so neat. I would have like to go to a school like that.

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 09:00:48 PM »

Nice  Cool
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: