Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: modesty in the middle east and their princesses  (Read 8015 times)
sweettiara

Medium Member

United States United States

Team Marie

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2009, 09:51:43 PM »

i always see lalla de morroco very modest regardless of where she is in the world. but queen raina is a different story. and since little star could probably explain better this. please do! i think raina looks the most beautiful modestly dressed.  maybe im sick of seeing everybody body parts. thought? thanks no intention to offend.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 11:24:21 AM »

I'm not quite sure what needs to be explained.

Thre is no dress code in Islam for women. We never see private photos of Lalla Salma, and judging by recent photos of her attacking paparrazzi I'm not surprised, so have no idea how she dresses when on holiday. The photo you used of Rania was taken on holiday and IMHO there was nothing wrong with what she chose to wear there.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 01:12:12 PM »

sorry if i intervene her,i am not sur if the royals all the royals can be modestly dressed and no matter how modest are their clothes it still expensive,on other hand ppl appearance has nothing to do with what they really are IMO.

BTW i love the picture in wich Lalla Salma attacking paparrazzi,look so real to me.

sweettiara

Medium Member

Team Marie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 07:46:04 PM »

Thre is no dress code in Islam for women. We never see private photos of Lalla Salma, and judging by recent photos of her attacking paparrazzi I'm not surprised, so have no idea how she dresses when on holiday. The photo you used of Rania was taken on holiday and IMHO there was nothing wrong with what she chose to wear there.
i dont think it wrong to wear anything but im confused as to why in muslim countries everybody is covered up and in america some still do. raina wears modest clothes in the middle east and varies outside of it. how come it varies so much in muslim culture.

Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 08:17:28 PM »

I believe it's a matter of personal choice or family tradition in the more moderate Islamic cultures.  In my many trips to the Middle East and North Africa, I've seen Islamic women wearing everything from abayas to western dress with and without veil.  There are many different interpretations of 'modest' so what may be considered modest by one could be scandalous to another. 
sweettiara

Medium Member

Team Marie

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 09:49:58 PM »

thanks betty.

zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 11:28:52 PM »

I believe it's a matter of personal choice or family tradition in the more moderate Islamic cultures.  In my many trips to the Middle East and North Africa, I've seen Islamic women wearing everything from abayas to western dress with and without veil.  There are many different interpretations of 'modest' so what may be considered modest by one could be scandalous to another. 

ITA agree with you UB, you'll have a  Star tomorrow because I've already gave one today

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 11:45:15 PM »

i dont think it wrong to wear anything but im confused as to why in muslim countries everybody is covered up and in america some still do. raina wears modest clothes in the middle east and varies outside of it. how come it varies so much in muslim culture.
Well, I think to a certain degree that's your perception (no offence intended). I've seen muslim women in muslim countries wearing clothes that are far more revealing than anything Rania wears. Moreover, Rania has reworn dresses that she wore abroad which were deemd to be "revealing" by overzealous posters in Jordan as well.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 11:47:31 PM »

where are the pics of  Lalla Salma and the paps? Spiteful  Confused

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 11:57:18 PM »

Here you go:
http://i50.photobucket.co...4/Little_stars/182998.jpg

hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 11:58:26 PM »

Thanks!!! 

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 01:59:13 AM »

Thank you, I had not seen those photos, either.

royalfamily

Muted
Medium Member

Portugal Portugal

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 01:04:39 PM »

i love these pics.

my forum: crownroyals.proboards.com - active members only
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 07:18:48 PM »

very well said Ugly Betty  Star Star
very good points.

IMO,i don't think we can see Rania in that clothes she wore lately during her holiday in the streets or beaches of Amman,not that i have anything against her look,but seriously i am not seen her in sush clothers in Jordan Thinking

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 12:16:14 AM »

Well for example, she wore this dress in NYC which was much commented on
http://www.zimbio.com/pic...HM+Queen+Rania+Al+Abdulah

She later repeated it at an event in Jordan. It's fairly similar to the white dress worn in St Tropez last summer.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: