Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lord Frederick Windsor and Sophie Winkleman wed  (Read 17755 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2009, 04:15:46 PM »

I don't think she's a golddigger, one of my friends worked with Sophie on TV show "The Palace" and said she was really nice and down to earth.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2009, 04:43:33 PM »

Anyone who marries a royal, even a minor one, is automatically assumed to be a gold digger, apparently.  Roll Eyes

Didn't Princess Michael once make a slightly racist comment about "going to back to the colonies" to some black people in a restaurant? Does anyone remember that?
MBA Princess

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2009, 07:53:40 PM »

After reading about Frederick's wedding, I feel very very sorry for Lady Gabriella...
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2009, 07:59:33 PM »

Gabriella Windsor looks great, she is a beautiful girl. I always liked her Indian boyfriend, I was sorry they broke up.
Aatish Taseer? He is half-Indian and half-Pakistani. His mother is a Sikh journalist and his father is Pakistani businessman and politician Salman Taseer.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2009, 11:03:44 PM »

Anyone who marries a royal, even a minor one, is automatically assumed to be a gold digger, apparently.  Roll Eyes

Didn't Princess Michael once make a slightly racist comment about "going to back to the colonies" to some black people in a restaurant? Does anyone remember that?

Yes, it was in NYC at, I think, De Salvino?  The city was rather pissed with her, as well as the people she insulted.  She seems quite full of herself.That must've been about 3/4 yrs. ago. . .
Paddy1311

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2009, 01:09:47 AM »

If anyone spots a guest list, can they post it? I'm curious to see whether Freddy Windsor's Australian cousin was invited - despite being "illegitimate" 'n all.

What do you mean by "being illegitamte and all''? Please tell

Princess Michael's brother Baron Freddy (after whom Lord Freddy Windsor was named) had a baby out of wedlock with a Canberra senior public servant named Mary S in 1978. To confuse things further, the woman was in a gay relationship at the time, with yet another senior public servant, Marie C.  When Freddy's mum heard the news she said: "It doesn't matter - Mary's just a peasant". The baby, Maya, is of course young Freddy's first cousin. It would be extremely old-hat if she wasn't invited to the wedding - though, of course, Princess Michael may be an insecure stickler for protocol, if there's such a thing around who to invite to such a minor royal wedding. The mother went on to partner up with yet another senior public servant. Allan B - this time a man - and is spending a happy retirement breeding thoroughbreds.

Thanks Hester.
Gwen

Large Member

IBM-Ideal Breeding Material

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2009, 07:38:15 AM »

Gabriella Windsor looks great, she is a beautiful girl. I always liked her Indian boyfriend, I was sorry they broke up.
Aatish Taseer? He is half-Indian and half-Pakistani. His mother is a Sikh journalist and his father is Pakistani businessman and politician Salman Taseer.

Yes. I believe he considers himself Indian. His father is the current Governor of Punjab and Aatish recently published a book in which he slams him pretty hard. They have been estranged for many years but a few years ago they reconnected, only to have a fall out over an article Aatish published. Apparently his father sent him a pretty nasty letter in which he disowned him for what he wrote. IIRC the article was about the radicalization of British Muslims.

When he and Gabriella broke up it was said that he had made the decision to live and work in India but that Gabriella did not want to do that. His book is called Stranger to History. Salman Taseer owns a newspaper in Lahore, and the rival newspapers all had articles about the book. His daughter owns a jewelry company and recently she was accused of copying the designs of a Bollywood designer.
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2009, 09:03:02 AM »

I read somewhere, can't remember where, that Princess Michael of Kent chose the wedding dress. Maybe, Princess Pushy chose this dress because she hates Sophie.  Clown  Sophie would of look really good in a better dress. This dress overwhelms her.

yep she looks like a gold digging bitch

I doubt it. Because Prince and Princess Michael of Kent don't have any money of their own. Sophie's parents were paying for the wedding. Their so broke, that Princess Pushy had to get a job at a art gallery,selling paintings. Prince and Princess Michael of Kent were recently seen, flying on a budget air line. I wonder what Sophie sees in Freddie. 

according to some press articles, sophie's parents did not pay for the whole wedding. they set aside a budget 40-50K and were actually quite worried at the spiraling costs as they couldn't afford to spend more.

the kents are not without money. but they do not have enough money to support they lifestyle they would like to have and that they seem to think they are entitled to.
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2009, 12:05:51 PM »

what an unfortunate choice of dress. the bride is beautiful though.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2009, 02:27:06 PM »

Yes. I believe he considers himself Indian. His father is the current Governor of Punjab and Aatish recently published a book in which he slams him pretty hard. They have been estranged for many years but a few years ago they reconnected, only to have a fall out over an article Aatish published. Apparently his father sent him a pretty nasty letter in which he disowned him for what he wrote. IIRC the article was about the radicalization of British Muslims.

When he and Gabriella broke up it was said that he had made the decision to live and work in India but that Gabriella did not want to do that. His book is called Stranger to History. Salman Taseer owns a newspaper in Lahore, and the rival newspapers all had articles about the book. His daughter owns a jewelry company and recently she was accused of copying the designs of a Bollywood designer.a
Have you read the book? I heard about it when it came out but haven't read it myself. A couple of my friends/cousins have but they all said Aatish came across as quite ignorant and in some respects narrow-minded.

Salman Taseer is a complete sleazeball imo so it doesn't suprise me if his son wanted nothing to do with him. Who is Sara Taseer Shoaib being sued by? I seem to have missed that titbit!

orange

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2009, 02:45:01 AM »

Ziauddin Sardar wrote a short but quite critical review of the book which I found interesting (http://www.independent.co...atish-taseer-1669477.html). Sleazeball is the perfect word for Salman Taseer...apparently he knocked up Aatish's mother during a one week affair (he was married with kids), told her to keep the baby then ditched her!

On topic: I always thought Freddie Windsor could have been quite handsome if he had avoided the drug ravaged look. The bride's dress doesn't really look like she picked it herself, going on her style choices before the wedding I thought she'd pick something a bit more modern, so I believe the rumours that her mother in law chose it.
Clover

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2009, 03:38:34 AM »

Orange, Thanks for the book review. Atish was lucky to get a book contract.

orange

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2009, 03:57:09 AM »

Orange, Thanks for the book review. Atish was lucky to get a book contract.
No problem Smiley  I'm not sure whether he is willfully ignorant or just hasn't been exposed to critical perspectives on the Middle East and Islam (he seems to be regurgitating mainstream coverage) but some of the issues with his approach (mistranslations, huge generalisations, overlooking entire historical and political realities) beg the question, why can we in the 'West' get away with such shoddy scholarship on the 'East'. Of course, he is focusing on why the East is so 'backward' so I suppose he can't really address that Wink
Clover

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2009, 04:31:28 AM »

For the topic he selected there are hundreds of well-researched dissertation quality publications. Based on the criticism it just does not sound like Atish was seriously attempting to write an academic piece, maybe more of a travelogue. I think he wrote the book because he could.

orange

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2009, 04:57:16 AM »

Yes, it does read a lot like a travelogue and I think the book was written partly as a way for him to figure out his own identity and come to terms with the awful way his father treated him. But it does disturb me that that book (at least some major parts of it) can be seen as 'proof' of the Muslim world's 'backwardness', IMO it supports the existing popular literature that relies on unhelpful and often untrue generalisations. His writing style isn't too bad though, sort of worth a read if you've got some spare time!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: