Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lord Frederick Windsor and Sophie Winkleman wed  (Read 17754 times)
Clover

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2009, 05:38:31 AM »

Orang,
I agree with you, the Muslim world is worthy of respect and a fair and balanced portrayal in any book that claims to be an inside view. I will read it if I get a chance. I am sorry Atish did not get along with his father, maybe writing something biographical would have been better. Maybe I will read it some day.  Smiley

orange

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2009, 06:01:27 AM »

It's too bad more people don't think that way, and not just regarding the Muslim world - a little more respect and fairness in the world generally wouldn't hurt! Smiley
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2009, 06:10:51 AM »

Orange,
I agree.  Hug  I will try to do my part, it is not always easy to do.

orange

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2009, 06:34:40 AM »

I will too, and a  Star for you Smiley
Chris

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2009, 09:21:53 PM »

what an unfortunate choice of dress....

Yes.  And it's a good thing she didn't sneeze or take a big breath during the ceremony.  That skimpy top appears to be holding on to her by its fingernails.  One good inhale and those girls would have been out there for all to see.  Freddie looks....what? strange, vague, spacy?...as usual.  I wonder just how much of the wedding day he'll actually remember. 
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2009, 09:53:28 PM »

Ziauddin Sardar wrote a short but quite critical review of the book which I found interesting (http://www.independent.co...atish-taseer-1669477.html). Sleazeball is the perfect word for Salman Taseer...apparently he knocked up Aatish's mother during a one week affair (he was married with kids), told her to keep the baby then ditched her!
I read that review when it came out and thought at the time that it was a little harsh but from what I have heard Sardar was very accurate.....

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
orange

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2009, 02:32:14 AM »

Ziauddin Sardar wrote a short but quite critical review of the book which I found interesting (http://www.independent.co...atish-taseer-1669477.html). Sleazeball is the perfect word for Salman Taseer...apparently he knocked up Aatish's mother during a one week affair (he was married with kids), told her to keep the baby then ditched her!
I read that review when it came out and thought at the time that it was a little harsh but from what I have heard Sardar was very accurate.....
He's got a way with words that's for sure, he can belittle someone almost as well as Tariq Ali! I took the review with a grain of salt too, but after reading the book I realised it was quite an accurate review.
MBA Princess

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2009, 03:16:23 AM »

I'm nominating the groom's mother to be renamed "Princes Mycleaveage of Kent".

What a joke that this woman decides to belittle her new daughter-in-law for having a gift registry, and then shows up for the wedding events in a dress that...well...it defies even MY descriptive abililties. It would have been more tactful to remember the saying "don't outshine the bride".

Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2009, 03:54:37 AM »

I will too, and a  Star for you Smiley

Hug Hug

Gwen

Large Member

IBM-Ideal Breeding Material

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2009, 05:24:50 AM »

Gabriella Windsor looks great, she is a beautiful girl. I always liked her Indian boyfriend, I was sorry they broke up.
Aatish Taseer? He is half-Indian and half-Pakistani. His mother is a Sikh journalist and his father is Pakistani businessman and politician Salman Taseer.

Have you read the book? I heard about it when it came out but haven't read it myself. A couple of my friends/cousins have but they all said Aatish came across as quite ignorant and in some respects narrow-minded.

Salman Taseer is a complete sleazeball imo so it doesn't suprise me if his son wanted nothing to do with him. Who is Sara Taseer Shoaib being sued by? I seem to have missed that titbit!

Sara Taseer Shoaib is being accused of copying a design from Farah Khan Ali and passing it as her own. FKA's sister is married to a Bollywood actor. I don't think there is a law suit yet, but there's been a lot of back and forth in the press.

I haven't read Aatish's book, but I did read several interviews he gave prior to the publication. Thanks to Clover and Orange for the reviews. I think Aatish tried to connect his own family story to the larger issues in order to make it relevant and interesting to the average reader (and to get a book contract!). It looks like most of the reviewers think he did not succeed.
Patricia85

Mini Member

Last princely-looking prince...

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2010, 11:28:42 PM »

hey isn't this marriage over yet? gipsy sophie dragging him around to promote her career...  Snore wake me up when they get divorced. (but fred needs to wake up first  Whistle)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2010, 01:31:04 AM »

yup...seems to me it is one boobie-parade over there...oh, well, as we know taste & class have nothing to do with money or title...

....Pushy steals the show: Royal bride Sophie Winkleman is outshone by mother-in-law as she weds Lord Freddie Windsor

one of the funnier head lines I heard in some time  Grin

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2010, 01:49:34 AM »

hmmm...here is something on the american TV-Guide:

Look out, American royal watchers: the British are coming!  Or, rather, one Brit in particular: Sophie Winkleman, the actress wife of Lord Frederick Windsor.

Sophie and Frederick, who is the son of minor royals TRH Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, married last September in a small, private ceremony at Hampton Court Palace’s Chapel Royal.  Though her husband is a descendent of George V and a cousin of Queen Elizabeth II, Sophie uses her maiden name rather than her formal title,”The Lady Frederick Windsor.”

Since tying the knot, Sophie and Freddie have relocated to Los Angeles, where Sophie has been filming 100 Questions, a comedy which will soon be premiering on NBC.  The network provides the following description of the show:

Charlotte Payne (Sophie Winkleman) is looking for love and has rejected multiple marriage proposals — but she has yet to meet Mr. Right. When she joins a popular online dating site, she gets a little help from her dating counselor Andrew (Michael Benjamin Washington) – who requires her to take a 100-question compatibility test. The questions aren’t easy for Charlotte to answer, and each one requires her to recount a poignant and humorous time in her life with friends Leslie (Smith Cho), Jill (Collette Wolfe), Mike (Christopher Moynihan) and Wayne (David Walton). The test becomes a journey of self-discovery for Charlotte who begins to realize what she truly wants in a relationship.

You can see video of Sophie talking about the show and her character here at NBC’s website.  The first episode of 100 Questions airs on Thursday, May 27 at 9:30/8:30c on NBC.  More information about the show, including additional video clips, can be found here (and full episodes will likely also be available after the episode’s initial airing).

American viewers may also have spotted Sophie on episodes of BBC America’s Peep Show — she plays Big Suze, the posh girlfriend of Robert Webb’s Jeremy.  The fourth season of the comedy premieres tonight (Wednesday, May 19) in the US at 10/9c on BBC America.

again...hmmmm Snore

Paddy1311

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2010, 01:56:20 AM »

Thank-you for the update, PeDe. I have to wait before I can give you another  Star, as I already gave you one today.

To be honest, It looks like a stupid TV show. The plot and the concept of the show looks really boring.  Snore
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2010, 01:59:06 AM »

Awww..Paddy...thanks, here is one back  Star

yes, it seems a dumb concept, doesn't it. I'm not in the least bit interested to peek into it   Snare

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: