Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Rania visit to the US:September 2009  (Read 15729 times)
dutchess

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2009, 10:41:22 AM »

Queen Rania wrote an article for The Independent:

Last year, 60 million women around the world gave birth without professional care.

More than half a million of them died.

Think, for a moment, about that number. One woman. Every minute. Every day.

They are women like Sharifa, just 23, from Afghanistan, whose delivery was obstructed, who screamed in pain as her relatives tied her to a ladder, and carried her, for hours, to a clinic, only to be told to go to hospital 200 kilometres away. Her husband had to rent a car, and drive along roads so dirty and pitted that she choked on dust and fainted. When she was resuscitated, she was told that her baby was dead, and she wouldnít have any more children.

But at least Sharifa is still alive.

Aishat, from Nigeria, was not so lucky. She had her first child at just 16. By 33, she was pregnant for the ninth time, in a mission to deliver a prized male child. Following 36 hours of labour, she bled to death, at home.

It doesnít have to be this way. Women donít have to keep dying like this. And little girls donít have to grow up wondering if their lives will end when they give birth.

The hard work of making this a reality doesnít start in contractions, or even conception, it starts in the classroom. If we can get girls into quality schools, they can become part of the solution.

The child of a literate mother is 50 per cent more likely to survive past the age of five, and when girls finish quality secondary and higher education, 84 per cent of them will give birth with skilled medical help, more than twice the rate of mothers with no formal education.

When you educate a girl, you kick-start a cycle of success.

It makes economic sense. It makes social sense. It makes moral sense. But, it seems, itís not common sense yet.

http://www.independent.co...n-childbirth-1793323.html

Thanks for posting this Little Star. That is one hell of an impressive article. A  Star for you.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2009, 11:43:51 AM »

You're welcome dutchess!

Impresssive yes, but depressing as well. It's tragic how many women have to go through so much hardship when bringing new life into the world. I'm so glad that Rania is heavily involved in this issue as it's vitally important.

Star back at ya.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2009, 07:16:18 PM »

Queen Rania of Jordan takes a power walk with earphones outside of Central Park in NYC
http://hipcelebrity.blogs...dan-takes-power-walk.html

winx

Humongous Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2009, 07:22:19 PM »

Full make up and LV bag for a power walk!!! Huh?

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2009, 07:37:43 PM »

well the days paparzzi get Rania's pictures without make up and hair done is gone for ever<:_)>
this all about the image she try to pass the rest of the world:the cool ,elegant and moder queen...she can's do that looking dowdy. Icecream
BTW her hair looks awful dry and unhealthy.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2009, 08:08:36 PM »

Rania's been pictured many times in public exercising, there were photos from her last visit to the US in April out jogging.

It looks like the caption on these photos is wrong, nothing to do with her "obsession" with her appearance

She's not even dressed for exercise Whistle

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2009, 08:24:43 PM »

i didn't say she is obsessed by her appearance LS,but IMO the fact that her look is very important tools in prometing her self is always here and evident.(just my opinion)

dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2009, 08:28:20 PM »

Well, she was obsessed enough with her appearance to have major rhinoplasty surgery.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2009, 08:49:01 PM »

i didn't say she is obsessed by her appearance LS,but IMO the fact that her look is very important tools in prometing her self is always here and evident.(just my opinion)
Show me a Royal woman whose look isn't important to her?

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2009, 08:56:58 PM »

i can't
here my point some ME royals realise that their wives look and public presence is very good deal to promote their selves and show their modern side,like the jordanian royals for example,Sheikh Mo and Haya marriage jump to my mind too,and let's not forget M6 marriage too,and i am not saying that like its' a bad well no, in fact it's good clever move from tose royals as long as they don't exaggerate.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2009, 09:14:37 PM »

The JRF has always permitted their women to have public profiles. Even way back in the 1950's Queen Zein had a public role and was incredibly active in political life.

In that sense they are truly unique amongst today's Arab royals, (I'm not including thosethat no longer exist like the Iranian, Egyptian etc) many of whom choose to hide away their female members under the guise of religion.

I used to think Haya was being used by Sheikh Mo as a tool to portray Dubai as a modern city, but imo it's possible she demanded a public role.  After all, she was incredibly famous before she married him and she may have refused to remian behind close doors like his other wives.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2009, 09:56:15 PM »

those all a very intersting points you made LS,Jordan always has a queens with a public role and all,that's right(unique hmmm i don't think so because you say it by yourself other arab queens existed and played the same role).
Queen Noor for example or Queen Alia did so much fo Jordan although they don't have that fame that Rania enjoy,for the simple reason:THE MAGIC OF THE NET.
it's because of that fantastic innovation that we can all follow these interstings ladies other ways i don't think i will have the opportunity to know all the lovely things about rania,you well never knwo things about Lalla Salma Skaikha Mozah...and that's IMO the difference and that what the current royals enjoy the most in matter of circulating their images and those of their wives.
another thing in despite of the old presence of former queens of jordan and the other former females royalty in ME that never mean the west eliminate the idea that the arab and muslims still live in tents and use camels in far Sahara Blink,and when i read comments about Rania,Haya,Lalla Salma and how nice they are even in muslim world they are without veil and they wore very fashionable clothes and that stuffs...that mean thy still don't get the message...abit irritating no?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:02:52 PM by Rita » Logged

winx

Humongous Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2009, 10:03:43 PM »

veil or not I can't keep up with asian princess, too many Blink
Sorry for my ignorance  Blush

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2009, 10:21:16 PM »

veil or not I can't keep up with asian princess, too many Blink
Sorry for my ignorance  Blush
i can't blame you winx,they are too many.
but my point is some in the west and without offense,think that we still live in 19th century  Whistle and they are amazed of the look of all those royal ladies.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2009, 05:18:44 PM »

those all a very intersting points you made LS,Jordan always has a queens with a public role and all,that's right(unique hmmm i don't think so because you say it by yourself other arab queens existed and played the same role).
Queen Noor for example or Queen Alia did so much fo Jordan although they don't have that fame that Rania enjoy,for the simple reason:THE MAGIC OF THE NET.
Well exactly, that's why I mentioned Queen Zein because even 50 years ago she played a very active role in the running of her country and was a well-known figure.

As you say the internet has benefited the JRF a great deal because it has allowed them to be seen more. Noor benefited a little but when King Hussein died the internet was still qutie unusual for some people and not as widely used. Now it is commonplace, especially in the Arab World, which has one of the highest youth populations on the net (I read that in an article somewhere).
it's because of that fantastic innovation that we can all follow these interstings ladies other ways i don't think i will have the opportunity to know all the lovely things about rania,you well never knwo things about Lalla Salma Skaikha Mozah...and that's IMO the difference and that what the current royals enjoy the most in matter of circulating their images and those of their wives.
Absolutely. The internet enables us to enjoy learning more about the different RFs, especially those which used to be more insular and privte. European royals have always been in the media to a certain degree but the Arab royals were more obscure before the internet age.

another thing in despite of the old presence of former queens of jordan and the other former females royalty in ME that never mean the west eliminate the idea that the arab and muslims still live in tents and use camels in far Sahara Blink,and when i read comments about Rania,Haya,Lalla Salma and how nice they are even in muslim world they are without veil and they wore very fashionable clothes and that stuffs...that mean thy still don't get the message...abit irritating no?
Very irritating, but not surprising. I think a lot of people, especially those who arn't particularly interested in the world other than things that affect them direcetly, are very ignorant of the world beyong their own borders.

It doesn't help that a lot of the time the media in the West likes to single out certain aspects of the ME only. After all, you never hear about Arab/muslim women who are succeeding in their public lives.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: