Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engagement of Moulay Ismail of Morocco  (Read 31885 times)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« on: September 22, 2009, 09:39:47 PM »

Prince Moulay Ismail,cousin of Mohammed VI is getting Married next saturday Thumb up
http://www.map.ma/eng/sec...king_mohammed_vi7831/view

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 09:53:24 PM »

Talk about a quick wedding!

I found ti very strange that the article made references to her religion.  Thinking

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 09:57:12 PM »

i don't think it's quick,news and gossip circulate about this union a months ago on the moroccan media.
i found the references to her religion strange too,maybe they fell abit embarassed because she is not moroccan,the MRF are very old fashion when it come to marriage.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:54:53 PM by Rita » Logged

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 10:01:09 PM »

Hmm maybe. Do you know if her parents are converts?!

I meant quick in the sense that barely a week after the engagement they are having the wedding. I heard the rumours a few weeks ago but I read online once that he was engaged to a French actress and nothing happened so wasn't sure if it was true. 

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 10:06:21 PM »

yes her parents are converts too,apparently that happen a long time ago after they came to Morocco,her father worked for the German Embassy in Rabat,and the girl was Moulay Ismail colleague in Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 06:03:06 PM »

Ah, I see. I guess that explains the emphasis on ehr religion. Personally I find it pretty crass, it shouldn't matter what faith she is.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 07:45:33 PM »

yes i agree again LS,it's not elegant at all to point her relegion in that way,but that how its work in muslims royals,similar stories are repeated (because of The embarrassment  of the arab/muslims royals why their brides are foreign)and like that wife of Oman sultan declared convert and turn-up(not sur about her real name) to Meriam after their marriage,in Jordan Liza became Noor Roll Eyes,Antoinette=Mona Roll Eyes...whatever his name was became Khalid....
and i don't see what the need for all that Dead
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 07:52:03 PM by Rita » Logged

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 11:31:50 PM »

That's a slightly different situation though. From what I understand this lady's parents converted when she was younger so she was probably raised muslim, although I'm assuming that.

All the others you mentioned converted on or before their marriage. I don't like to question their motivation or reasoning as I believe it is God's right alone but som would describe it as "convenient".

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 06:19:03 PM »

what ever was the differences,the situation is abit the same,it's about those families images,and the prestige.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 06:24:49 PM »

first pictures
http://img401.imageshack....1/4142/copiedeb098474.jpg
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3496/b098410.jpg

i loved those colorful pictures,sush beautiful family,it's great the MFR always keep in thouch with the traditions no matter what.
Lalla Salma is wearing very beautiful caftan,wishe we have a better photo.
it's nice they realese pictures,usually they don't.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 08:59:42 PM »

HI Rita,
Since for some reason the article you linked dosn't open for me, I would like to ask a couple of questions:
I assume the bride is the blonde in the centre? What nationality is she? (You I think posted that her father had worked in the german embassy)
Who is the horridly "surgically enhanced" blonde lady on the right of the first pic?
Where and who is the groom?
And what is the burning phallus like thing on the left of the photo?
Merci...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 09:48:50 PM »

Fairy,the bride is german girl called Anissa,her father worked in the German Ambassy In Rabat.
if you mean the blonde lady in the right in purple caftan it's Lalla Lamia Solh,mother of the groom.
the groom is Moulay Ismail,cousin of King Mohammed VI,it's the guy in white traditional dress with red hat and glasses in this picture: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3496/b098410.jpg.
as for you're last question it's very big candle,traditionally put in the right and the left of the bride and the groom to light up life of both,you know some very old marriage traditions in Morocco.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 09:51:23 PM »

He is not quite what one could call a handsome hunk, eh?
The somewhat disconnected couple on either side of the sitting group: are that his or her parents?
Love the name Anissa, very similar to my daughter's first name...

tststs: thanks btw for the prompt answer, it is always a pleasure to read about those monarchies and you are doing a great job posting all the pix and information about them.... Star

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Chris

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 10:02:26 PM »

Hmmm...the groom's mother definitely has made a trip or three to a plastic surgeon.  Nice outfit, though...lovely color.  I'm rather impressed with the dapper gentleman in the gray Western suit at the right of one of the photos.  Not bad.  The groom, however, should invest in a pair of contact lens (and perhaps join his mom on her next trip to the surgeon for a freshening).
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 10:07:29 PM »

The dapper gentleman was the man I inquired about.... quite interested about him...
As to the plastic surgery: I'd advice the groom to kindly not join his mother: the surgeon didn't seem all too talented. And groomy doesn't have a high potential to begin with...
Call it a hunk, but just judging from the very prominent way the blonde Germania presented her Lorelei-locks she has momsy-in-law's clinic on speed dial....

Mary's life motto:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: