Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camella as a step-mother:  (Read 2903 times)
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: May 31, 2007, 01:44:58 AM »

What are your thoughts of Camella as a step-mother.  Did she do a good job.....Huh??  Did she do a bad job?Huh??  What should she do, or not do in the future as a Step_mother (future Queen) for Prince Willaim and Prince Harry.  After-all she has been in their life from the day they were born, so I'm sure she has had a lot of say-so to Prince Charles about his two boys?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???Oh goody this should be a fun topic.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 03:01:45 AM »

i think the princes are of the age where they don't really appreciate much interventions.
Elspeth

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 03:04:11 AM »

Considering that she didn't meet them till they were teenagers, she hasn't been in their lives all that much. She seems to have a fairly easy-going relationship with them if photos and news footage are any guide.
Michelle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

I smell bogan approaching

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 03:18:04 AM »

I think they perhaps tolerate her.  They may not adore her and love her but I think for the sake of their father's happiness, they agreed to let her into their lives.  The time may come when she'll be perhaps a mother-like figure to them but IMO, I don't think that time has come quite yet.

Jonathan

Gigantic Member

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 01:14:41 AM »

Considering that she didn't meet them till they were teenagers, she hasn't been in their lives all that much. She seems to have a fairly easy-going relationship with them if photos and news footage are any guide.

I thought that she was always around, didn't the break with her and Diana only take place when the boys were at Eton. Also I thought the Parker-Bowles country house is near Highgrove

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
Elspeth

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 02:01:36 AM »

I think Charles made sure that the boys didn't meet Camilla until some time after Diana's death. I'm sure they knew about her, but I think Charles kept them apart. Seems a bit of an artificial separation, but no doubt he had his reasons.
Avise

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 02:19:54 AM »

I don't believe Camilla is a step-mother  to Will and Harry emotionally- she is their father's wife whom no doubt they respect because of their father, and they probably like  her to.  She will be a very good friend who supports them I hope.
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 02:23:20 AM »

Of course the other side of the coin is Charles as a stepfather. I have read two things about this ; one that he set up a huuuuge trust fund for Camilla's children and secondly that Tom Parker Bowles calls him Sir. (and speaks very warmly of him.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: