Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 242   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch Royal News  (Read 782030 times)
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3480 on: July 27, 2021, 11:37:42 AM »

Alexia's eyes look weird. Little swollen or are these just bad pictures? Confused
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3481 on: July 27, 2021, 02:36:43 PM »

I might have come off a little strong but to be honest I am concerned that her behavior (what ever it is) is being explained away by her mother as her just being more Latina.  It will be interesting to observe as time goes on. 

My main point, which wasnít well communicated at all, it that there is a trend to excuse personality faults as being part of someone gender, orientation, heritage, race, age, etc and that bothers me.  People should be held accountable for their behavior/actions/etc and I worry that she may not be.

So true.

She wonít be... both parents are ďentitledĒ and the mindset will have been passed down....
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #3482 on: July 28, 2021, 07:36:12 AM »

I might have come off a little strong but to be honest I am concerned that her behavior (what ever it is) is being explained away by her mother as her just being more Latina.  It will be interesting to observe as time goes on. 

My main point, which wasnít well communicated at all, it that there is a trend to excuse personality faults as being part of someone gender, orientation, heritage, race, age, etc and that bothers me.  People should be held accountable for their behavior/actions/etc and I worry that she may not be.

Star

G Thumb up

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3483 on: July 28, 2021, 04:15:57 PM »

So true.

She wonít be... both parents are ďentitledĒ and the mindset will have been passed down....

Maybe, but I can rattle off a few royals who act more entitled than the Dutch. I think it will be more fair to judge her when sheís a little older. I was not the most wise person at 16 either.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3484 on: July 28, 2021, 04:55:16 PM »

Most of the children aged 16 understand when it is important to behave and act accordingly. My father took my son, 15, to a business meeting and he was bored to tears. Still he knew how to behave, did his best to make small talk and not to embarrass his granddad. Most kids would do that. You can be a teenager all you want. That "girl" is 16 and she has long figured out the position of her family.

She lives an unbelievable privileged life because of her social position that she aquired from birth. Currently, she is the spare of the Netherlands. They invited the photographers for an photo op in exchange for freedom for the whole summer. Her dad is the head of state. Her mom is Queen. Her sister ist the heir.

I don't think at this age it is asked too much if she can hold her act together for 30 minutes and not pose like she would for some self-centered instaposting but try and look normal and pleasant.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3485 on: July 28, 2021, 05:05:23 PM »

Like so many people in my area, my parents did not think the holiday to Greece during Corona time was such a handy step from WA and his family. Okay, at that time vacationing/traveling was allowed (under certain restrictions). But given the representative role of the royal family, it does not come across well. Especially, when I remember it correct, you use the government plane for this holiday. My parents were also annoyed by the somewhat nagging attitude when they came back. WA and Max made some sort of apology via a TV broadcast. But later in an interview with Max (in connection with her 50th birthday), she seems to suggest that her husband and his family "deserved" this vacation. To be honest, that left my parents' spines standing up again.

As once said in the media in 2020:

"...A storm of criticism arose in the country and in politics in The Hague when it turned out that they flew with the government plane to Athens for a holiday, while ministers of The Hague urged the Dutch to stay at home as much as possible because of the corona crisis and as little as possible. to travel abroad...."
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Humongous Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #3486 on: July 28, 2021, 05:31:28 PM »

Like so many people in my area, my parents did not think the holiday to Greece during Corona time was such a handy step from WA and his family. Okay, at that time vacationing/traveling was allowed (under certain restrictions). But given the representative role of the royal family, it does not come across well. Especially, when I remember it correct, you use the government plane for this holiday. My parents were also annoyed by the somewhat nagging attitude when they came back. WA and Max made some sort of apology via a TV broadcast. But later in an interview with Max (in connection with her 50th birthday), she seems to suggest that her husband and his family "deserved" this vacation. To be honest, that left my parents' spines standing up again.

"...A storm of criticism arose in the country and in politics in The Hague when it turned out that they flew with the government plane to Athens for a holiday, while ministers of The Hague urged the Dutch to stay at home as much as possible because of the corona crisis and as little as possible. to travel abroad...."

I donít know what is so hard for people in public positions to understand. You are granted a platform and privileges that others arenít, but you canít live as those without those things do. If you want the private jet set trips without questions than go live a private, voiceless life like the rest of us schmucks.

Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3487 on: July 28, 2021, 11:31:52 PM »

That was such a bad move. Of course if you are the head of the state and that state is in crisis you stay home. Full-stop. If it is allowed or not allowed. It is your job to be with your people not to outbid the rules and see what is possible. They lost popularity over that because it came accross uncaring and entitled.

Now they released these pictures with the spare looking detached and entitled which hits the nerve again. God forbid anything happens to Amalia or she turns republican - would people accept Queen Alexia who can't get her act together for two minutes during an official photo shoot? Again: Very bad PR and they are wounded already.

Ingrid Alexandra (17) in Norway manages to come across as a normal, very modestly beautiful young lady who is about to blossom. 19 year old Elizabeth of Belgium managed some very cleverly placed PR during the covid crises. And Alexia can't stand still for two minutes looking approachable? That does not make the NRF look good or normal.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3488 on: July 28, 2021, 11:42:27 PM »

I donít know what is so hard for people in public positions to understand. You are granted a platform and privileges that others arenít, but you canít live as those without those things do. If you want the private jet set trips without questions than go live a private, voiceless life like the rest of us schmucks.

The simple answer would be: Because they're not like us.

Alexia wouldn't be the first and last princess to believe she's special, because she lives in a palace.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3489 on: July 28, 2021, 11:49:29 PM »

The simple answer would be: Because they're not like us.

Alexia wouldn't be the first and last princess to believe she's special, because she lives in a palace.

And sheís 16.  Letís let her grow up a bit before we condemn her.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3490 on: July 30, 2021, 02:08:13 PM »

She is sixteen, not six. Our societies are extending childhood endlessly. Our university is even doing parent conferences..
In other societies and other instances 16 is fully grown.
Of course nobody should condemn her - in the overall scheme of things it is completely unimportant whether or not a 16 old brat behaves or not, even if she is in the vicinity of a "head of state position", which she would not hold until a good while later, even if tragedy would strike.
But I think we give our young a little too much leeway and secretly hope that suddenly one morning they wake up all grown up nd mature... not bloody likely.
Our western society is all about : "you" - "you can be whatever you want to be" "be as you are" "be true to your inner feelings" "how does that make you feel?" etc..
Well we are raising a generation of brats, that perhaps do not feel like living by social rules, guidelines, who are oblivious to the needs of others, who think that virtue signalling is enough virtue and charity without payback is stupid.
So perhaps Alexia doesn't like this boring media aspect of her life, well perhaps the little boy in Syria doesn't like the stupid bombs in his life or the little girl in Mongolia really doesn't feel like working in a factory all day so that her family  can eat...They did not get a choice in life either.
It's a bit like this meme of Greta Thunberg in which she angrily accuses the grown-ups to have ruined her childhood, and the picture set next to it showed a young girl, dirty, malnourished, breaking stones - the captions says: Hold my stone here, Greta!

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3491 on: July 30, 2021, 02:43:40 PM »

She is sixteen, not six. Our societies are extending childhood endlessly. Our university is even doing parent conferences..
In other societies and other instances 16 is fully grown.
Of course nobody should condemn her - in the overall scheme of things it is completely unimportant whether or not a 16 old brat behaves or not, even if she is in the vicinity of a "head of state position", which she would not hold until a good while later, even if tragedy would strike.
But I think we give our young a little too much leeway and secretly hope that suddenly one morning they wake up all grown up nd mature... not bloody likely.
Our western society is all about : "you" - "you can be whatever you want to be" "be as you are" "be true to your inner feelings" "how does that make you feel?" etc..
Well we are raising a generation of brats, that perhaps do not feel like living by social rules, guidelines, who are oblivious to the needs of others, who think that virtue signalling is enough virtue and charity without payback is stupid.
So perhaps Alexia doesn't like this boring media aspect of her life, well perhaps the little boy in Syria doesn't like the stupid bombs in his life or the little girl in Mongolia really doesn't feel like working in a factory all day so that her family  can eat...They did not get a choice in life either.
It's a bit like this meme of Greta Thunberg in which she angrily accuses the grown-ups to have ruined her childhood, and the picture set next to it showed a young girl, dirty, malnourished, breaking stones - the captions says: Hold my stone here, Greta!

She is a brat .... fine leave her out of the approved photo shoots and leave her open to be papped everywhere.... or send her to South America where she can do whatever she wants with the family of her mother..... but her parents have a part to play too .... and they come off looking like entitled prats too
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 02:58:56 PM by Princess MS » Logged
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3492 on: July 30, 2021, 04:59:09 PM »

I think we can just agree to disagree and Iíll be the first to admit it if Iím wrong. But I think ďbratĒ is pretty strong.
Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #3493 on: July 30, 2021, 05:34:40 PM »

Maybe the Dutch RF should stop with the summer photoshoot.  They could just release posed formal photos, and update their website accordingly on important occasions, like birthdays.   That would be my advice, anyway.     

ďThe spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3494 on: July 30, 2021, 07:45:34 PM »

Maybe the Dutch RF should stop with the summer photoshoot.  They could just release posed formal photos, and update their website accordingly on important occasions, like birthdays.   That would be my advice, anyway.     

The photo is not the problem just how some of them look like in it.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 242   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: