Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch Royal News  (Read 527047 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3120 on: July 24, 2019, 07:28:14 PM »

I personally think Amalia's dress is too "old fashioned" but she is a very beautiful girl. Ariane (she is the middle one, right, the poser?) is at an age where she surely understands that it is her mom's and dad's job and making faces like for an Instagram shoot comes across a bit strange ....
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3121 on: July 24, 2019, 07:43:57 PM »

I personally think Amalia's dress is too "old fashioned" but she is a very beautiful girl. Ariane (she is the middle one, right, the poser?) is at an age where she surely understands that it is her mom's and dad's job and making faces like for an Instagram shoot comes across a bit strange ....

Ariane is the youngest, Alexia is the middle one.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3122 on: July 26, 2019, 05:47:53 PM »

Ariane is the youngest, Alexia is the middle one.

A thanks ... I mixed them up ... I think they should explain to Alexia that there is a difference between private pics and professional pics - basically these photo ops are promotion for the royal family. People base their judgement on the pictures they see and if the middle kid is forever drawing attention it comes accross a bit strange. Other - they always seem normal and nice :-)-

TheMorWearsPrada

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #3123 on: July 27, 2019, 06:26:53 AM »

I think she might just be that. 14 and trying to find herself. It’s tough to be a tween in an age of social media and photoshop. And to have herself as a known person might a rocky road to hoe.

I agree with this, and wouldn't be surprised if there is some "middle child syndrome" there that is exacerbated by the fact they are the royal family. She's in that awkward age where she is not a little girl anymore but not an adult either, she is not the the one who will grow up and become the Queen, but she's not the baby of the family either. A lot of it is likely her just trying to find her "thing" and her place.

I also don't envy teenagers these days having to navigate growing up with smart phones and instagram, and it is even more difficult for these girls because they know everyone will see the pics. I'm glad my family photos from my awkward years are not all over the internet. I'm really glad that all we had at when I was that age was MSN Messenger.

anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3124 on: July 27, 2019, 05:30:49 PM »

I think she might just be that. 14 and trying to find herself. It’s tough to be a tween in an age of social media and photoshop. And to have herself as a known person might a rocky road to hoe.

I agree with this, and wouldn't be surprised if there is some "middle child syndrome" there that is exacerbated by the fact they are the royal family. She's in that awkward age where she is not a little girl anymore but not an adult either, she is not the the one who will grow up and become the Queen, but she's not the baby of the family either. A lot of it is likely her just trying to find her "thing" and her place.

I also don't envy teenagers these days having to navigate growing up with smart phones and instagram, and it is even more difficult for these girls because they know everyone will see the pics. I'm glad my family photos from my awkward years are not all over the internet. I'm really glad that all we had at when I was that age was MSN Messenger.

Seconded.

I don’t really see her doing anything too egregious - I probably would have hated all the posed photos too at her age.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #3125 on: July 27, 2019, 05:47:09 PM »

Seconded.

I don’t really see her doing anything too egregious - I probably would have hated all the posed photos too at her age.

There’s something very “Margaret Rose” about her. I didn’t think she quite verged into inappropriate here. I think she just has a big, effervescent personality. It will need to be channeled appropriately as she goes through her teens and twenties, but she seems a lovely girl right now.

TheMorWearsPrada

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #3126 on: July 29, 2019, 03:00:34 PM »

I babysat my niece over the weekend and she was playing on my phone taking selfies and was making duckfaces and posing. She's 4. Obviously too young to even understand what "sexy" is - she was just imitating what she sees people doing when taking photos. This kind of posing is what Alexia has grown up with. She doesn't know life without the "selfie" and it she could have internalised that this posting is how to look "good" in pictures. 14 is well and truly old enough to understand all your peers including the cute boy who sits across from you in Math class that you have a crush on will see these pictures, so she wants to look good - hence the posing and sticking her chest out.

Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #3127 on: August 08, 2019, 12:22:01 PM »

The family pics were shot at an unfortunate moment, with harsh sunlight and quite a bit of wind (wreaking havoc with the manes). Also, I find that some of the pics don't do them any favours, with eyes half-closed etc.

My 3 nieces are the same age ast the triple As and they are going/have gone though the 'too big for a napkin, too small for a tablecloth' stage. They are tall, long legged, and fully equipped (at 13 already!), with similar blonde manes. The are not really aware yet of the impact that their feminine bodies have, they aren't even aware that jumping on your dad's or dad's brother's lap while dressed in short shorts and tight T-shirt looks funny (too many limbs sticking out) and could be interpreted as awkward or even inappropriate. Still, it's what they do in a family setting and don't tell them otherwise. They are kids, they don't do boyfriends (boys? YUCK, well apart from their one cousin, the Pomster, who is great company for games, hockey and larking around), and their behaviour is still that of teenagers growing up. Some time soon, the oldest will start getting interested in boys, and will realize her impact/charisma. It's difficult for them to find something in their size to wear that is 'just right' for the occasion, and that they will actually put on. Heck, it's even hard to find cool school clothes and semi-formalwear for the Pomster (almost 13) that aren't either too childish or too big.

Of course this is only anecdotal, but it's also my friends' kids and random kids in the street that seem to go through this phase. Mind you, over here kids are rather free in their choices, without formal/informal or (a lot of) media driven expectations of how to behave (especially gendered behaviour), although the influence on such unwritten rules and expectations is rising due to social media. Generally speaking, teenagers are independent, free roaming folk.
No real pressure on school results (we have only a handful of universities and no real ranking between them, fees are practically the same, no scholarships), sports are a minor part of the school curriculum (3 hrs a week) but are played out of choice, in independent sports clubs. Only recently the age for obtaining a driving license has been lowered to 17 so they cycle everywhere etc etc. This freedom seems to have its effect to the way our triple As behave as well.

For this photoshoot, the triple As had to navigate between wearing something that is modern, not too formal, not too childish or summery. IMO all three wore a dress that articulated their personality. And as a mother, I'd be happy my daughters aren't hunching over to hide their boobs.

Elisabeth of Belgium is the only one that comes to mind to have navigated this growing up stage well. Her personality seems much more introvert, and dress styles are generally more formal than in The Netherlands, so the Nathan etc looks elegant on her (though the tight white jeans in Nairobi were not her best look).

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 01:16:26 PM by Pomme » Logged

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3128 on: August 08, 2019, 12:40:23 PM »

It's natural in a family with more children that the siblings adapt different personalities, when coming into puberty.

There you have the responsible elder one caring about the younger siblings, you've the family beauty/model more interested in clothes than school, you've the clown or the shy last or the last one is the most naughty one.

I'm not talking about the three A's here just generally.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3129 on: August 08, 2019, 12:43:28 PM »

I babysat my niece over the weekend and she was playing on my phone taking selfies and was making duckfaces and posing. She's 4. Obviously too young to even understand what "sexy" is - she was just imitating what she sees people doing when taking photos. This kind of posing is what Alexia has grown up with. She doesn't know life without the "selfie" and it she could have internalised that this posting is how to look "good" in pictures. 14 is well and truly old enough to understand all your peers including the cute boy who sits across from you in Math class that you have a crush on will see these pictures, so she wants to look good - hence the posing and sticking her chest out.

I agree. It's part of the game too. Still I trust Wax and Max enough to say that they'll know once Alexia (or any other girl) is overstepping the line.

4 year old shouldn't be exposed to social media or selfies at all, but of course it's kind of expected, if they are part of a royal family.
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #3130 on: September 10, 2019, 08:39:35 PM »

I agree. It's part of the game too. Still I trust Wax and Max enough to say that they'll know once Alexia (or any other girl) is overstepping the line.

4 year old shouldn't be exposed to social media or selfies at all, but of course it's kind of expected, if they are part of a royal family.
Funny enough, she is the one who most resembles Máx both in looks and personality.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3131 on: September 12, 2019, 04:46:24 PM »

https://www.nu.nl/achterk...en-prinses-christina.html

Princess Irene has a lot of support for sisters after the death of Princess Christina

Princess Irene has a lot of support for her sisters after the death of her sister Princess Christina, who died in August at the age of 72 from the effects of bone cancer.

In conversation with the AD (€), Princess Irene says that she is still not used to the idea that her sister is no longer there. "That takes time."

The eighty-year-old princess says she gets support from her sisters, Princess Margriet and Princess Beatrix. "All of a sudden the three of you are over. It is very strange that you no longer have any parents with whom you can try to get comfort. You are suddenly very sisters."

According to Irene, the close contact with her sisters is very beautiful, but also confronting. "There are only two people around me who have witnessed the birth of that other sister and all the other things that happened in our youth. There is no one else who knows that, who really knows what it was like. That is very delicate" , according to the princess.

Irene was married until 1981 to Carlos Hugo van Bourbon-Parma, who died in 2010. They had four children together: Carlos, Margarita, Jaime and Carolina.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3132 on: September 12, 2019, 04:48:21 PM »

https://www.nu.nl/binnenl...staatseigendom-waren.html

"State bought hundreds of furniture from Oranjes that was already state property"

The Dutch government not only pays twice for the maintenance of the palace furniture, but has also paid twice for the ownership of hundreds of - very expensive - furniture items. The State namely bought inventory of what it already owned, NRC writes Tuesday. It is not clear what amount the State has paid 'double' for the collection.

The entire household of Paleis Het Loo was bought for 20 million guilders. However, around three hundred pieces of furniture were already in the hands of the government because they were ordered at state costs between 1806 and 1810.

Antique furniture classified as a royal family property by the Commission

In the sixties, a committee with court representatives allegedly designated the antique furniture as the property of the royal family. This happened after extensive consultation between the government and the royal family in order to arrive at a "as clear and simple as possible" solution, since the State had wanted to buy the palace inventories for some time.

The newspaper relies on government documents that it found in the National Archives. The Parliament would never have been informed about the purchases.

NRC investigated the government purchase and revealed on Monday that the government has been 'paying twice' for the maintenance of its household effects for almost forty years. The government has been taking care of the maintenance for years, but the head of state still receives annual reimbursements of around 300,000 euros.

Lodewijk Napoleon, the brother of Napoleon Bonaparte, is said to have brought most of the furniture to the Netherlands. A small part comes from the hand of King Willem I.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3133 on: September 12, 2019, 05:03:07 PM »

I've read that Napoleon's brother ruled too much in favour of the Netherlands rather than for the French and his brother that Napoleon dismissed Louis/Lodewijk for that reason.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3134 on: September 13, 2019, 10:40:18 AM »

I've read that Napoleon's brother ruled too much in favour of the Netherlands rather than for the French and his brother that Napoleon dismissed Louis/Lodewijk for that reason.

That is the story indeed, apparently he was too comfy with the Dutch.

According to the Dutch Wiki about Lodewijk Napoleon:

"...Lodewijk nam zijn taak zo serieus, dat hij taallessen nam bij de hoogleraar David Jacob van Lennep en bij de schrijver en hofdichter Willem Bilderdijk om het Nederlands onder de knie te krijgen.[4] Maar zoals voor alle Franstaligen ging hem de Nederlandse accentuering niet gemakkelijk af. Zo zou hij zichzelf bij een toespraak in Amsterdam (door de Franse neusklank) konijn van Olland genoemd hebben.[4] De historiciteit van deze gebeurtenis staat echter niet vast. Ook Deventer, dat hij op 4 mei 1809 bezocht, beweert dat de koning daar zichzelf konijn genoemd zou hebben. Daarnaast had Lodewijk het Nederlands verheven tot de officiële taal in het bestuur, en hoewel dit besluit vooral was bedoeld om Franse spionnen te dwarsbomen, kreeg hij met zijn taalinteresse wel enige sympathie bij het Nederlandse volk, weliswaar vermengd met meewarigheid. …"

=

"..Lodewijk took his job so seriously that he took language lessons with professor David Jacob van Lennep and with writer and court poet Willem Bilderdijk to master Dutch. [4] But as for all French speakers, the Dutch accent was not easy for him. He would have called himself rabbit of Olland at a speech in Amsterdam (by the French nose sound). [4] However, the historicity of this event is not certain. Also Deventer, which he visited on May 4, 1809, claims that the king would have called himself rabbit there. In addition, Louis had elevated Dutch to the official language on the board, and although this decision was primarily intended to thwart French spies, he did get some sympathy with the Dutch people with his language interest, admittedly mixed with compassion…"

[RED: koning = king;  konijn = rabbit. It seems in Dutch many French speakers have difficulty with the pronunciation of the Dutch 'g' and 'h' sound.]

"...Koning Lodewijk sloot zich niet op in zijn Haagse paleis, maar ging regelmatig op tournee. Op zijn rondreizen deed hij ook de uithoeken van het koninkrijk aan, waar stadhouder Willem V zich zelden of nooit had vertoond. De tournee was niet slechts een slimme daad om sympathie te verwerven, want Lodewijk was ook daadwerkelijk gegrepen door de problemen die hij in deze afgelegen gebieden tegenkwam en pakte deze voortvarend aan. …….Door als redder in nood op te treden, met altijd een oplossing binnen handbereik, kreeg hij al gauw nationaal respect. …."

=

"..King Louis did not lock himself up in his palace in The Hague, but regularly went on tour. On his travels, he also visited the corners of the kingdom, where Stadholder William V had seldom or never appeared. The tour was not only a smart act to gain sympathy, because Louis was also really taken by the problems he encountered in these remote areas and he tackled them energetically…….By acting as a lifesaver, always with a solution within reach, he soon gained national respect. .... "

"...Een ander belangrijk thema was de teruggave van katholieke kerken die in 1648 aan de protestanten waren toebedeeld en volgens de nieuwe grondwet van 1798 teruggegeven hadden moeten worden aan de katholieken....Tijdens deze reis toonde de koning zich een echte "polderaar". Dit kwam tot uiting dat hij via draagvlak en overleg zaken wilde realiseren. Tevens vormde deze reis de langste reis die een vorst ooit in het Koninkrijk Holland heeft gemaakt...Het is op deze plek (voor de Hervormde kerk te Aarle) waar het enige Nederlandse monument ter herinnering aan koning Lodewijk Napoleon staat. …."

=

"... Another important theme was the restitution of Catholic churches that were assigned to the Protestants in 1648 and should have been returned to the Catholics according to the new constitution of 1798 .... During this journey the king proved himself a true" polderaar ". This was expressed by the fact that he wanted to realize things through support and consultation. This journey was also the longest journey that a monarch has ever made in the Kingdom of Holland ... It is here (for the Reformed church in Aarle) where the only Dutch monument in memory of King Louis Napoleon is...."

[RED: The Dutch polderen / polderde / gepolderd: constitutional law (political) - in the event of a problem, first consult with as many parties as possible and then seek solutions with those parties. ~ takes time, but results in a solution that everyone can agree with. The polder model was mostly in vogue in the nineties.]

"...Rode draad tijdens Lodewijks bewind was het scheppen van nationale eenheid in een land waar het gewestelijk besef diep was geworteld. De koning verstevigde de greep van de centrale overheid op het lokale bestuur. In de ogen van Lodewijk moest het versplinterde Nederland een organische eenheid worden. Steden en gewesten voerden grotendeels een eigen beleid en trokken zich weinig aan van besluiten die in het verre Den Haag werden genomen. Lodewijk verdeelde het land in tien departementen en stelde aan het hoofd van elk een landdrost, die naar voorbeeld van de Franse prefect op lokaal niveau het regeringsbeleid in het oog hield. Burgemeesters in de grote steden werden voortaan benoemd door de vorst.
…."

=

"... The common thread during Louis' reign was the creation of national unity in a country where the regional consciousness was deeply rooted. The king strengthened the hold of the central government on the local government. In the eyes of Louis, the fragmented Netherlands had to be a Cities and regions, for the most part, had their own policies and ignored decisions taken in far-away The Hague, where Louis divided the country into ten departments and led each of them a land drost, which, following the example of the French prefect at the local level kept an eye on government policy, and mayors in the big cities were now appointed by the sovereign.
.... "

"...Wetgeving - Direct na zijn aankomst in Holland in juli 1806 pakte Lodewijk de codificatie aan, waarmee men weliswaar in 1798 begonnen was, maar die langzaam in het slop was geraakt. De codificatie moest een einde maken aan de grote diversiteit in wetgeving en rechtspraak in Nederland.....De koning kreeg van zijn broer, keizer Napoleon, de opdracht om in Nederland de Franse Code civil, het burgerlijk wetboek, in te voeren. Maar dat deed hij niet. Er kwam in 1809 een Wetboek Napoleon, ingerigt voor het Koningrijk Holland, dat weliswaar geïnspireerd was door het Franse voorbeeld, maar veel eigen vaderlandse wetgeving kende.[6] Daarmee toonde Lodewijk Napoleon baas in eigen huis te willen zijn. Hij werd hierin van harte gesteund door de vaderlandse juristen. In 1809 verscheen ook nog het Wetboek van Koophandel, dat eveneens een eigen vaderlands wetboek was.....Religieuze minderheden kregen meer rechten....Verzet tegen de koninklijke inmenging in de eeuwenoude gebruiken bleef uit. Lodewijk was verstandig genoeg om de lokale machtsbonzen – zowel de adel op het platteland als de stedelijke regentenklasse – in het zadel te houden, als ze maar beloofden zijn beleid uit te voeren. Daarnaast hoopten bestuurders dat een sterk centraal gezag het verval van de eens zo machtige Republiek kon keren. Weliswaar waren ze gebonden aan de stortvloed van ordonnanties die hen vanuit Den Haag overspoelde, maar Lodewijk was tenminste een man die knopen doorhakte. Ook beseften ze dat Lodewijk onherroepelijk van de troon zou worden gestoten als zijn hervormingen faalden: ontevreden over zijn broer zou Napoleon het land meteen inlijven, zodat ook Nederland aan de dienstplicht moest geloven en elke cent uit de vrijwel lege schatkist moest omdraaien. Liever de koning dan de keizer, was de conclusie. ….Lodewijk was een groot liefhebber van cultuur en wetenschappen. Hij liet daarom verschillende instituten oprichten die nu nog steeds, in aangepaste vorm bestaan, zoals het Koninklijk Instituut van Wetenschappen, de Koninklijke Bibliotheek en het Rijksmuseum...."

=

"... Legislation - Immediately after his arrival in Holland in July 1806, Lodewijk tackled the codification, which had begun in 1798, but which had slowly fallen into disrepair. The codification had to put an end to the great diversity of legislation and justice in the Netherlands ..... The king was instructed by his brother, Emperor Napoleon, to introduce the French Code civil, the Civil Code, into the Netherlands, but he did not do so. , brought in for the Kingdom of Holland, which, although inspired by the French example, knew a lot of its own national legislation. [6] With this, Louis Napoleon showed that he wanted to be the boss in his own house, with the support of the national lawyers. 1809, the Commercial Code was also published, which was also its own national code of law ..... Religious minorities were given more rights .... There was no opposition to royal interference in the ancient customs. The neighborhood was sensible enough to hold on to the local power boners - both the nobility in the countryside and the urban regent class - as long as they promised to implement its policies. In addition, administrators hoped that a strong central authority could reverse the decline of the once powerful Republic. Although they were bound by the flood of ordinances that engulfed them from The Hague, at least Louis was a man who made decisions. They also realized that Louis would be irrevocably thrown off the throne if his reforms failed: dissatisfied with his brother, Napoleon would immediately enter the country, so that the Netherlands also had to believe in conscription and turn every penny out of the virtually empty treasury. The conclusion was rather the king than the emperor. .... Lodewijk was a great lover of culture and science. He therefore set up various institutes that still exist today in adapted form, such as the Royal Institute of Sciences, the Royal Library and the Rijksmuseum .... "

"...Door twee nationale catastrofes kreeg Lodewijk onvoorzien de kans zich opnieuw als volkskoning te profileren. Op een kille wintermiddag in januari 1807 ontplofte een schip volgeladen met buskruit in het centrum van Leiden, de zogenaamde Leidse buskruitramp.....Het volk sloot de vorst meteen in de armen....Hij kweekte goodwill voor de monarchie....Overstromingen in 1809 waren opnieuw aanleiding voor optreden. Hele dorpen werden verzwolgen toen de grote rivieren als gevolg van ijsdammen buiten hun oevers traden, de Betuwe veranderde in een gigantische binnenzee....Het propagandaoffensief en zijn doortastende optreden hadden groot succes, want tijdens een reis door Noord-Holland vergaf de bevolking van Edam hem zijn Franse afkomst. Toen hij opmerkte te hopen dat de Hollanders eens zouden vergeten dat hij niet in hun land geboren was, zei een oude man: "Dat hebben we sinds Leiden al vergeten." …."

=

"... Due to two national catastrophes, Louis unexpectedly had the opportunity to profile himself again as a folk king. On a chilly winter afternoon in January 1807, a ship loaded with gunpowder exploded in the center of Leiden, the so-called Leiden gunpowder disaster .... The people the monarch immediately embraced .... He cultivated goodwill for the monarchy .... Floods were once again the motive for action: entire villages were swallowed up when the large rivers broke their banks due to ice dams, the Betuwe changed in a gigantic inland sea .... The propaganda offensive and his decisive action were very successful, because during a trip through North Holland the people of Edam forgave him of his French descent when he noticed that the Dutch would one day forget that he would not was born in their country, an old man said: "We have forgotten that since Leiden." …"

"...Toch hadden zijn onderdanen niet louter lof voor Lodewijk. Zijn hang naar luxe en monarchale uitstraling viel slecht bij de Hollanders, die tegen de kostbare verhuizingen van Lodewijk waren en tegen de opknapbeurten die hij zijn diverse paleizen gaf. Terwijl "Nederland" straatarm was, gaf de koning, uit privévermogen, enorme bedragen uit aan een aldaar ongekende luxe. Zoveel als mogelijk werden dergelijke opdrachten echter wel binnen Nederland gegund. …"

=

"...Yet his subjects did not merely praise Louis. His desire for luxury and a monarchic appearance fell badly with the Dutch, who were opposed to the expensive relocations of Louis and the refurbishments that he gave his various palaces. While "the Netherlands" was impoverished, the king spent enormous sums of money on an unprecedented luxury out of private wealth. However, as far as possible, such contracts were awarded within the Netherlands...."

"...Conflict met Napoleon - Napoleon raakte intussen steeds ontevredener over het beleid van zijn broer. Hij verweet Lodewijk de Nederlandse belangen telkens te laten prevaleren boven de Franse. Alhoewel hij de meeste bevelen van zijn broer uitvoerde, zoals het sluiten van de havens voor Engelse schepen in 1808, nam Lodewijk het inderdaad steeds vaker op voor de Hollandse belangen. ...Napoleon maakte zich om te beginnen boos over Lodewijks weigering de dienstplicht in te voeren. ...Ook weigerde Lodewijk tiërcering van de staatsschuld......Tevens verzette Lodewijk zich tegen Napoleons eis het Continentaal stelsel strikt na te leven. Om zijn aartsvijand Groot-Brittannië tot overgave te dwingen, had Napoleon alle handel met de Britten verboden. Lodewijk was buiten zichzelf van woede, omdat de blokkade de haperende economie van de zeevarende natie zonder twijfel de genadeslag zou toebrengen. Alhoewel het stelsel onvermijdelijk was en havens op slot gingen, trad hij niet bijzonder hard op tegen smokkelaars, die hun sluikhandel langs de kustlijn onverminderd voortzetten....In november 1809 vertrok Lodewijk op last van zijn broer naar Parijs, Krayenhoff de opdracht gevend Amsterdam te verdedigen. Na maandenlang geruzie met Napoleon moest hij op 16 maart een traktaat ondertekenen dat het Koninkrijk Holland bezuiden de rivieren inlijfde bij Frankrijk, en een blokkade van Engeland accepteren. Teleurgesteld keerde Lodewijk begin april 1810 terug naar Amsterdam, maar wel met een tweede kans. Ondertussen hadden Franse ‘waarnemingstroepen’ onder Oudinot niet alleen de kuststreek tussen de Maas en de Schelde (met de opdracht smokkel tegen te gaan) bezet, maar trokken via Utrecht naar Muiden en Weesp. Half mei verslechterde de zaak door een incident in Amsterdam. Napoleon eiste daarop dat de troepen feestelijk de stad zouden worden binnengehaald, maar Lodewijk weigerde daaraan te voldoen. Hij zond Valckenaer en Röell naar Parijs om te onderhandelen. Lodewijk suggereerde Amsterdam te verdedigen, maar Dumonceau en De Winter waren tegen dat plan. Toen begreep hij dat zijn zaak verloren was, en trad op 1 juli af ten gunste van zijn zoontje Napoleon Lodewijk (met een aantal ministers als regent, want Hortense was opnieuw Amsterdam ontvlucht).[8 ] In de nacht van 2/3 juli vertrok Lodewijk uit Haarlem en vestigde zich in het Oostenrijkse Graz. Het koninkrijk Holland werd op 9 juli 1810 per decreet (van Rambouillet) ingelijfd bij het Franse keizerrijk...."

=

"... Conflict with Napoleon - In the meantime, Napoleon became increasingly dissatisfied with his brother's policy. He accused Louis of always having Dutch interests prevail over French ones. Although he carried out most of his brother's orders, such as closing the ports for English ships in 1808, Louis did indeed increasingly stand up for the interests of Holland .... Napoleon was angry about Louis's refusal to introduce conscription ... ... Louis also refused tiering of the national debt ... ... Louis also opposed Napoleon's demand to strictly comply with the Continental system.To force his archenemy Great Britain to surrender, Napoleon had forbidden all trade with the British. The economy of the seafaring nation would undoubtedly be the final blow. Although the system was inevitable and ports were closed, it was not particularly against smugglers, who continue their smuggling business along the coastline .... In November 1809, on the orders of his brother, Louis left for Paris, giving Krayenhoff the order to defend Amsterdam. After months of arguing with Napoleon, he had to sign a tract on March 16 that the Kingdom of Holland subsided in the rivers near France, and accepted a blockade from England. Disappointed, Louis returned to Amsterdam in early April 1810, but with a second chance. Meanwhile, French "observation troops" under Oudinot had not only occupied the coastal area between the Meuse and the Scheldt (with the task of combating smuggling), but moved via Utrecht to Muiden and Weesp. In mid-May the case deteriorated due to an incident in Amsterdam. Napoleon then demanded that the troops be festively brought into the city, but Louis refused to comply. He sent Valckenaer and Röell to Paris to negotiate. Louis suggested defending Amsterdam, but Dumonceau and De Winter were against that plan. Then he understood that his case was lost, and resigned on July 1 in favor of his son Napoleon Lodewijk (with a number of ministers as regent, because Hortense had once again fled Amsterdam). [8 ] On the night of 2/3 July, Lodewijk left Haarlem and settled in Graz, Austria. The kingdom of Holland was incorporated into the French empire by decree (of Rambouillet) on July 9, 1810 .... "

"...Paviljoen Welgelegen in Haarlem, tegenwoordig het provinciehuis van Noord-Holland, was de favoriete residentie van Lodewijk Napoleon. Aan de gevel bevindt zich een plaquette met een citaat uit de afscheidsproclamatie van Lodewijk Napoleon: Hollanders, Nimmer zal ik een goed en deugdzaam Volk vergeten, zooals gy zyt: Myne laatste gedachte, zoowel als myne laatste zugt, zullen voor uw geluk zyn.

De plaquette, aangeboden door de stichting Eén en Ander, is op 1 juli 2010 onthuld door Commissaris van de Koningin Johan Remkes, twee eeuwen nadat Lodewijk Napoleon afstand deed van de troon. De plaquette hangt naast de deur waardoor Lodewijk Napoleon in de nacht van 2 op 3 juli 1810 vertrok...."

=

"... Pavilion Welgelegen in Haarlem, nowadays the province house of Noord-Holland, was the favorite residence of Lodewijk Napoleon. On the façade is a plaque with a quote from the farewell proclamation of Lodewijk Napoleon: Hollanders, I will never a good and virtuous People forgotten, as you are: My last thought, as well as my last one, will be for your happiness.

The plaque, offered by the One and Other Foundation, was unveiled on 1 July 2010 by Queen's Commissioner Johan Remkes, two centuries after Louis Napoleon relinquished the throne. The plaque hangs next door through which Louis Napoleon left on the night of 2 to 3 July 1810 .... "

[RED : the Dutch version of the text is in old fashion Dutch. As perhaps known y = ij in Dutch in many case, among others in the word mijn (= mine)]

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: