Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch Royal News  (Read 505081 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3120 on: July 24, 2019, 07:28:14 PM »

I personally think Amalia's dress is too "old fashioned" but she is a very beautiful girl. Ariane (she is the middle one, right, the poser?) is at an age where she surely understands that it is her mom's and dad's job and making faces like for an Instagram shoot comes across a bit strange ....
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3121 on: July 24, 2019, 07:43:57 PM »

I personally think Amalia's dress is too "old fashioned" but she is a very beautiful girl. Ariane (she is the middle one, right, the poser?) is at an age where she surely understands that it is her mom's and dad's job and making faces like for an Instagram shoot comes across a bit strange ....

Ariane is the youngest, Alexia is the middle one.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3122 on: July 26, 2019, 05:47:53 PM »

Ariane is the youngest, Alexia is the middle one.

A thanks ... I mixed them up ... I think they should explain to Alexia that there is a difference between private pics and professional pics - basically these photo ops are promotion for the royal family. People base their judgement on the pictures they see and if the middle kid is forever drawing attention it comes accross a bit strange. Other - they always seem normal and nice :-)-

TheMorWearsPrada

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #3123 on: July 27, 2019, 06:26:53 AM »

I think she might just be that. 14 and trying to find herself. Itís tough to be a tween in an age of social media and photoshop. And to have herself as a known person might a rocky road to hoe.

I agree with this, and wouldn't be surprised if there is some "middle child syndrome" there that is exacerbated by the fact they are the royal family. She's in that awkward age where she is not a little girl anymore but not an adult either, she is not the the one who will grow up and become the Queen, but she's not the baby of the family either. A lot of it is likely her just trying to find her "thing" and her place.

I also don't envy teenagers these days having to navigate growing up with smart phones and instagram, and it is even more difficult for these girls because they know everyone will see the pics. I'm glad my family photos from my awkward years are not all over the internet. I'm really glad that all we had at when I was that age was MSN Messenger.

anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3124 on: July 27, 2019, 05:30:49 PM »

I think she might just be that. 14 and trying to find herself. Itís tough to be a tween in an age of social media and photoshop. And to have herself as a known person might a rocky road to hoe.

I agree with this, and wouldn't be surprised if there is some "middle child syndrome" there that is exacerbated by the fact they are the royal family. She's in that awkward age where she is not a little girl anymore but not an adult either, she is not the the one who will grow up and become the Queen, but she's not the baby of the family either. A lot of it is likely her just trying to find her "thing" and her place.

I also don't envy teenagers these days having to navigate growing up with smart phones and instagram, and it is even more difficult for these girls because they know everyone will see the pics. I'm glad my family photos from my awkward years are not all over the internet. I'm really glad that all we had at when I was that age was MSN Messenger.

Seconded.

I donít really see her doing anything too egregious - I probably would have hated all the posed photos too at her age.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #3125 on: July 27, 2019, 05:47:09 PM »

Seconded.

I donít really see her doing anything too egregious - I probably would have hated all the posed photos too at her age.

Thereís something very ďMargaret RoseĒ about her. I didnít think she quite verged into inappropriate here. I think she just has a big, effervescent personality. It will need to be channeled appropriately as she goes through her teens and twenties, but she seems a lovely girl right now.

TheMorWearsPrada

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #3126 on: July 29, 2019, 03:00:34 PM »

I babysat my niece over the weekend and she was playing on my phone taking selfies and was making duckfaces and posing. She's 4. Obviously too young to even understand what "sexy" is - she was just imitating what she sees people doing when taking photos. This kind of posing is what Alexia has grown up with. She doesn't know life without the "selfie" and it she could have internalised that this posting is how to look "good" in pictures. 14 is well and truly old enough to understand all your peers including the cute boy who sits across from you in Math class that you have a crush on will see these pictures, so she wants to look good - hence the posing and sticking her chest out.

Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #3127 on: August 08, 2019, 12:22:01 PM »

The family pics were shot at an unfortunate moment, with harsh sunlight and quite a bit of wind (wreaking havoc with the manes). Also, I find that some of the pics don't do them any favours, with eyes half-closed etc.

My 3 nieces are the same age ast the triple As and they are going/have gone though the 'too big for a napkin, too small for a tablecloth' stage. They are tall, long legged, and fully equipped (at 13 already!), with similar blonde manes. The are not really aware yet of the impact that their feminine bodies have, they aren't even aware that jumping on your dad's or dad's brother's lap while dressed in short shorts and tight T-shirt looks funny (too many limbs sticking out) and could be interpreted as awkward or even inappropriate. Still, it's what they do in a family setting and don't tell them otherwise. They are kids, they don't do boyfriends (boys? YUCK, well apart from their one cousin, the Pomster, who is great company for games, hockey and larking around), and their behaviour is still that of teenagers growing up. Some time soon, the oldest will start getting interested in boys, and will realize her impact/charisma. It's difficult for them to find something in their size to wear that is 'just right' for the occasion, and that they will actually put on. Heck, it's even hard to find cool school clothes and semi-formalwear for the Pomster (almost 13) that aren't either too childish or too big.

Of course this is only anecdotal, but it's also my friends' kids and random kids in the street that seem to go through this phase. Mind you, over here kids are rather free in their choices, without formal/informal or (a lot of) media driven expectations of how to behave (especially gendered behaviour), although the influence on such unwritten rules and expectations is rising due to social media. Generally speaking, teenagers are independent, free roaming folk.
No real pressure on school results (we have only a handful of universities and no real ranking between them, fees are practically the same, no scholarships), sports are a minor part of the school curriculum (3 hrs a week) but are played out of choice, in independent sports clubs. Only recently the age for obtaining a driving license has been lowered to 17 so they cycle everywhere etc etc. This freedom seems to have its effect to the way our triple As behave as well.

For this photoshoot, the triple As had to navigate between wearing something that is modern, not too formal, not too childish or summery. IMO all three wore a dress that articulated their personality. And as a mother, I'd be happy my daughters aren't hunching over to hide their boobs.

Elisabeth of Belgium is the only one that comes to mind to have navigated this growing up stage well. Her personality seems much more introvert, and dress styles are generally more formal than in The Netherlands, so the Nathan etc looks elegant on her (though the tight white jeans in Nairobi were not her best look).

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 01:16:26 PM by Pomme » Logged

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3128 on: August 08, 2019, 12:40:23 PM »

It's natural in a family with more children that the siblings adapt different personalities, when coming into puberty.

There you have the responsible elder one caring about the younger siblings, you've the family beauty/model more interested in clothes than school, you've the clown or the shy last or the last one is the most naughty one.

I'm not talking about the three A's here just generally.
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3129 on: August 08, 2019, 12:43:28 PM »

I babysat my niece over the weekend and she was playing on my phone taking selfies and was making duckfaces and posing. She's 4. Obviously too young to even understand what "sexy" is - she was just imitating what she sees people doing when taking photos. This kind of posing is what Alexia has grown up with. She doesn't know life without the "selfie" and it she could have internalised that this posting is how to look "good" in pictures. 14 is well and truly old enough to understand all your peers including the cute boy who sits across from you in Math class that you have a crush on will see these pictures, so she wants to look good - hence the posing and sticking her chest out.

I agree. It's part of the game too. Still I trust Wax and Max enough to say that they'll know once Alexia (or any other girl) is overstepping the line.

4 year old shouldn't be exposed to social media or selfies at all, but of course it's kind of expected, if they are part of a royal family.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: