Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 222   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch Royal News  (Read 596849 times)
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3270 on: October 18, 2020, 02:01:30 AM »

Agree, thanks Pomme!
scarlett123

Baby Member

Philippines Philippines

Ignore
« Reply #3271 on: October 18, 2020, 02:29:45 AM »

I am surprised by this too! And didn't they just buy a new yacht?

If they sold paintings that were state property, how on earth are they getting away with this? I wonder if Amalia getting paid for simply being a Crown Princess will cause an uproar.

They sold stuff (paintings etc) that were gathered by former monarchs but that were state property, pocketing the money themselves.

Well, in my little peasant world this is called theft. No wonder, isn't Maxima said to be good friends with Criminal Cristina of Spain? Tell me with whom you mingle and I'll tell you who you are.

How anybody can have respect or liking left for them is beyond me.

JC and Cristina of Spain, Henri and MT of Lux, Albert and Paola of Belgium, and Wax/Max, IMHO, those are the royal trash of Europe. Ok, forgot Andrew Windsor.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3272 on: October 18, 2020, 04:35:05 AM »

With this and the Golden Carriage being retired, plus complaints of Wax having much control over the press supposedly, there could be more people paying attention.
I donít understand the significance of what moving to the new house means, too much privacy?
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #3273 on: October 18, 2020, 12:33:58 PM »

Nah, ppl won't be paying more attention.

The selling if stuff wasn't Wax but 'the family' and like I said above: whose stuff it was anyway was not entirely clear. I'm sure selling stuff that was given to the monarch as a HoS, making it officially a state posession happens all the time. When is a Middle Eastern necklace a personal gift, when a gift to the state? It's a grey area. And Max had nothing to do with it.

Even if she spends money like there's no tomorrow, she's very well liked.

The 'new house' - you means Huis ten Bosch? It's the official residence of the monarch, Bea lived there before (their work palace is Paleis Noordeinde). It hadn't had any work on it done for decades, so from all points of view it had to be done anyway. It being all paid for by the state...  Thinking

The serious press is reporting extensively and in depth about all of these issues, but it fails to make an impact on the general public. We probably as a population don't care. Amalia and her money - amounting to 4k per day - when she turns 18 (next year btw) - we don't seem to care. I'm pretty sure they will spin it in a way that she does useful things with it.

The Golden Carriage issue - it will be exposed in a museum, not hidden away. It will have a sign explaining the panels. Most ppl will understand spending money on restoring it.

Wax and Bea before here got this stipend, too when they turned 18. So it's not something new.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
scarlett123

Baby Member

Philippines Philippines

Ignore
« Reply #3274 on: October 18, 2020, 01:33:52 PM »

Oh wow. Well I suppose people do have bigger things to worry about! But all this has made their shine look a little bit dimmer for me. Sad

The selling if stuff wasn't Wax but 'the family' and like I said above: whose stuff it was anyway was not entirely clear. I'm sure selling stuff that was given to the monarch as a HoS, making it officially a state posession happens all the time. When is a Middle Eastern necklace a personal gift, when a gift to the state? It's a grey area. And Max had nothing to do with it.

The 'new house' - you means Huis ten Bosch? It's the official residence of the monarch, Bea lived there before (their work palace is Paleis Noordeinde). It hadn't had any work on it done for decades, so from all points of view it had to be done anyway. It being all paid for by the state...  Thinking

The serious press is reporting extensively and in depth about all of these issues, but it fails to make an impact on the general public. We probably as a population don't care. Amalia and her money - amounting to 4k per day - when she turns 18 (next year btw) - we don't seem to care. I'm pretty sure they will spin it in a way that she does useful things with it.

The Golden Carriage issue - it will be exposed in a museum, not hidden away. It will have a sign explaining the panels. Most ppl will understand spending money on restoring it.

Wax and Bea before here got this stipend, too when they turned 18. So it's not something new.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3275 on: October 18, 2020, 06:31:25 PM »

Thanks Pomme!

Iíve never met W&M, and you canít really completely tell about people just from pictures and news, but this all sounded pretty partisan. I shall continue to admire them from afar as usual.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3276 on: October 19, 2020, 10:28:31 PM »

Public opinion varies from 'they are a bunch of total f*ckwits' to 'I have bigger problems than this'.

We went back into partial lockdown last Tuesday. People are losing their jobs. We have a very high infection rate (percentage of positive tests). It's mainly the younger folks that get ill now. They're not dying in high numbers, but they do fill up the hospitals. Next week we will be sending regular covid patients to Germany (our ICUs aren't full yet, that's a relief). But normal hospital care has been scaled down. The hospitals hardly made up the backlog in non-essential care (and cancer monitoring and the like, which IS essential) that resulted from the first lockdown.
Bars and restaurants are shut again, no training or matchplay for 18+ (except professional footie), all non essential travel discouraged and ppl must work from home again if they can.

Still, our youngsters (15-30) party on, outdoors, or even indoors, merrily spreading the virus. Schools are still open (well, holiday first) but masks must be worn and classrooms are ventilated (ie. coats on); students stay in one classroom and the teachers move around. Anyone who wants can get tested, but has to stay home (as does his/her family) until results are clear. Ppl STILL go out in those 2 days.
Generally, because we came out of the first wave just fine, we have become lackadaysical about the rules. The (almost) fights I got into with parents watching their kids' sports and not keeping distance (me asking nicely in an official role) over the last few months... we are all stupid here.

So what happens: "we booked the holiday, there's no restrictions, let's just go". WaxMax acted like thousands of us. Stupid.

The 'sensible' ones, they're not travelling abroad (because their destination won't allow Dutch tourists), but flock to the holiday parks I mentioned in an earlier post. The little villas, houses, cottages etc are all booked for Autumn holiday (half of the country last week, the other half started today), with just families, or groups of friends. They will bring a terrace heater so they can drink comfortably outside, and keep distance.

WaxMax are completely out of touch these days. We forgave them the situation in the summer where they did not keep distance to that restaurant owner in Greece - none of us kept distance all the time. But they are NOT US. They should set an example for us, being stricter about the rules that the plebs.

We love them because they are good at their job, seem quite relatable and don't cause fuss. But since they moved to Huis ten Bosch, it seems they are losing their connection with the people.
Wax is in heavy weather already because of the annual closure (for hunting) of a large forested area (this happens every autumn btw), because of the increase in salary he got, and because in a few months, Amalia will receive a huge amount of money just because she's the crown princess and turns 18. And is not working. There's trouble about maintenance costs that he should have paid himself (out of his stipend) but charged the government for. They sold stuff (paintings etc) that were gathered by former monarchs but that were state property, pocketing the money themselves.
It's all adding up, but as long as the majority of ppl doesn't care or doesn't realize how much they are actually costing us, the republican movement will not grow.

The catch is that our PM Rutte sucks up to Wax too much. He must have known that they were planning to go to Greece. He should have told Wax NO NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BAD OPTICS. But he didn't.  Even though we generally think he did a good job over the last 10 years, sucking up to WaxMax and not standing firm in this case, may well spell trouble for Rutte himself as well. General Elections are coming up next March...

I had to think of Max's saying at the engagement interview: 'een beetje dom' (roughly translated as 'a little bit stupid')

Ok, many other Dutch have done the same.....but the majority of them do not have an examplary position in the Netherlands. IMO the royals could have thouhgt about that themselves. Instead of behaving like disgruntled kids whose short holiday has been disallowed (or in th erir opinion "spoiled").
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #3277 on: October 20, 2020, 08:07:45 AM »

Exactly Princi.

This ties in nicely with the Dutch tendency to forgive mistakes as long as you are honest about them and sincerely apologise / compensate for them.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3278 on: October 20, 2020, 08:43:14 AM »

Mmmmm I noticed typing on my tablet isn't going that well.... Thinking When looking at my post ^
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3279 on: October 20, 2020, 09:03:33 AM »

Some articles of the Dutch NOS (The Nederlandse Omroep Stichting, abbr. NOS -English: Dutch Broadcast Foundation) about the Holiday in Greece issue. The NOS is one of the broadcasting organisations making up the Netherlands Public Broadcasting system. It has a special statutory obligation to make news and sports programmes for the three Dutch public television channels and the Dutch public radio services.

Griekenland vakantie koning verrast kabinet - onbegrip in Den Haag.
Greece holiday king surprises cabinet - incomprehension in The Hague.
https://nos.nl/artikel/23...onbegrip-in-den-haag.html

Koning breek vakantie naar Griekenland af na ophef - Rutte wist van reis.
King cancels vacation to Greece after commotion - Rutte knew about the trip. (red: Rutte = Dutch prime minister)
https://nos.nl/artikel/23...-rutte-wist-van-reis.html

Ook buitenlandse verbazing over vliegvakantie koningspaar - nog nooit gebeurd.
Foreign surprise about the royal couple's flying holiday - never happened before.
https://nos.nl/artikel/23...ar-nog-nooit-gebeurd.html

Vliegvakantie toont grote afstand koning tot samenleving.
Flying holiday shows the king's great distance from society.
https://nos.nl/artikel/23...ning-tot-samenleving.html

Kamerleden willen uitleg over vakantie koning - Rutte zwijgt vooralsnog.
MPs want an explanation about the King's holiday - Rutte is silent for the time being.
https://nos.nl/artikel/23...te-zwijgt-vooralsnog.html

Koning Willem-Alexander na dag Griekenland terug in Nederland.
King Willem-Alexander returns to the Netherlands after a day in Greece
https://nos.nl/artikel/23...d-terug-in-nederland.html

Rutte verkeerde inschatting gemaakt bij vakantie koning.
Rutte misjudged the holiday of the king.
https://nos.nl/artikel/23...-bij-vakantie-koning.html
katymc2

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3280 on: October 20, 2020, 08:01:20 PM »

Well, its turns out that Amalia and Alexia have only come home today as there were no seats on the plane

https://www.rtlboulevard....zijn-griekenland-gebleven

Apparently there have been 11 flights between Saturday and today from Athens.

It might have been smart to say they werenít all back. But being smart seems in short supply this week.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 08:20:37 PM by katymc2 » Logged
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #3281 on: October 21, 2020, 06:53:56 AM »

Well, its turns out that Amalia and Alexia have only come home today as there were no seats on the plane

https://www.rtlboulevard....zijn-griekenland-gebleven

Apparently there have been 11 flights between Saturday and today from Athens.

It might have been smart to say they werenít all back. But being smart seems in short supply this week.

You bet there was a HUGE row between parents and Amalia and Alexia.
Monumentally huge.

Dutch kids are stimulated to develop critical thinking and to form an opinion on everything (which makes them impossible, spoiled, entitled, unruly when you wish to parent in a more structured way). If Amalia has a smither of grandma Bee's temper, the row would have been heard all the way up to Mount Olympus.

Those girls will have flatly refused to get on either of those flights. They needed their October sun.

So WaxMax went home to save their jobs, bringing the little one.
16 (almost) 17 and 15 y/os stay home alone all the time. It is not illegal and they would have had security anyway.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3282 on: October 21, 2020, 09:16:10 AM »

When looking at the pictures of past weekend, it seems Alexia already was also home. Or perhaps it was a picture taken in Greece. I have a picture in my mind of a van with a gloomy looking WA, Max and Alexia with masks on
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3283 on: October 21, 2020, 09:43:48 AM »

https://www.nu.nl/politie...prinsessen-privezaak.html

According to Rutte, staying behind princesses was 'private matter'

Prime Minister Mark Rutte was aware that the princesses Amalia and Alexia were staying in Greece three days longer than the king and queen. However, he thought it was a private matter, reports the NOS.

According to the prime minister, the return of the king was in the public interest because of the corona crisis. Not that of the two princesses, according to Rutte.

The two eldest daughters of the royal couple flew back to the Netherlands on Tuesday afternoon and arrived at Paleis Huis ten Bosch around 8.30 pm.

King Willem-Alexander and Queen MŠxima left for Greece last Friday with their three daughters to spend the holiday there. However, there was controversy about the trip, because Prime Minister Rutte and Minister Hugo de Jonge (Public Health) earlier that week urged Dutch people not to travel unnecessarily at a press conference.

Not enough airline tickets available
On Saturday, part of the royal family returned to Schiphol on a scheduled flight from KLM. 16-year-old Princess Amalia and 15-year-old Princess Alexia are said to have stayed behind in Greece, because a plane ticket was not available for all members of the family.

"This day has been deliberately chosen," said royal expert Justine Marcella on RTL Boulevard on Tuesday. "When the tickets turned out to be gone, the choice was soon made to leave Amalia and Alexia in Greece. But the princesses did not go for the next available flight and were allowed to stay in Greece."

At least eleven more flights
Between the departure of the royal couple and that of the oldest two princesses there were at least eleven scheduled flights from Athens to Amsterdam. Why the duo only returned home on Tuesday is not clear.

"We see people's reactions to media reports. They are intense and they affect us," said Willem-Alexander on Saturday in response to the controversy surrounding their holiday. "We do not want to be in any doubt: in order to get the COVID-19 virus under it, it is necessary that the guidelines are followed. The discussion about our holiday does not contribute to that."

Rutte was aware of the king's holiday plans, the Government Information Service (RVD) announced on Friday evening. The prime minister said on Sunday that he had "made a mistake" and "realized too late" that the trip to Greece was not really possible. He said nothing about the princesses being left behind. D66 Member of Parliament Joost Sneller tweeted on Tuesday evening that the Prime Minister should have done that.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3284 on: October 21, 2020, 09:55:40 AM »

“ The discussion about our holiday doesn’t contribute to that “ ??
What an out of touch prick
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 222   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: