Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch Royal News  (Read 632750 times)
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3360 on: January 01, 2021, 07:03:22 PM »

Yes taking Amalia would signal that WA is taking this seriously and making sure the next generation does too.
Paulina

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3361 on: January 01, 2021, 07:17:59 PM »

When she was Queen, did Beatrix ever get these sort of out of touch criticisms?

If not, then Wax was obviously not paying attention to his training.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #3362 on: January 01, 2021, 10:03:38 PM »

t
Looks like the King is off to an early start to repair the damage. A visit to the police on New Years Eve.

https://twitter.com/konin.../1344835640005963776?s=21

He should have taken Amalia with him. Remember when Phil paid a visit to the firefighters with Elisabeth about two years ago.

I am sorry, but those Dutch princesses are IMHO the least prepared together with the kids of Fred and Mary (someone here called them ding dongs) and the two eldest come across as the least likeable of their generation. I am not impressed by their upbringing at all.

Not only King Philippe, but CP Victoria and Prince Daniel took both Estelle and Oscar to visit first responders on Christmas Eve, I believe.

You are right. Vic and Dan are doing a good job preparing the kids without overexposing them.

Estelle and Oscar are not even 1st in line, just like Christian of Denmark isn't. But you could compare the Dutch Princesses with Al's and Cha's children.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #3363 on: January 01, 2021, 11:38:00 PM »

t
Looks like the King is off to an early start to repair the damage. A visit to the police on New Years Eve.

https://twitter.com/konin.../1344835640005963776?s=21

He should have taken Amalia with him. Remember when Phil paid a visit to the firefighters with Elisabeth about two years ago.

I am sorry, but those Dutch princesses are IMHO the least prepared together with the kids of Fred and Mary (someone here called them ding dongs) and the two eldest come across as the least likeable of their generation. I am not impressed by their upbringing at all.

Not only King Philippe, but CP Victoria and Prince Daniel took both Estelle and Oscar to visit first responders on Christmas Eve, I believe.

You are right. Vic and Dan are doing a good job preparing the kids without overexposing them.

Estelle and Oscar are not even 1st in line, just like Christian of Denmark isn't. But you could compare the Dutch Princesses with Al's and Cha's children.

Felipe and Leti are doing a good job preparing their eldest for her future. In fact, Spain and Belgium offer good examples of preparing the heir but involving siblings to ensure a bit of support and normality.

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3364 on: January 04, 2021, 09:25:51 AM »

When she was Queen, did Beatrix ever get these sort of out of touch criticisms?

If not, then Wax was obviously not paying attention to his training.

Beatrix was know for her more bussiness like approach of the Queen/Kingship. Especially in comparison the her mother, Juliana, who wanted to be one with the people (and was very informal). If I understand it correctly WA tried to aim for a combination of his mothers AND grandmothers approach, a middle way.

From a Dutch article about Bea (which was written in honour of her 80th birthday):

"....In her term of more than thirty years, Beatrix was able to adapt the monarchy to an institution that can function in modern times. Her "business monarchy" was characterized by a tight organization and a more professional court. At the same time, the royal family could rightly count on their private life being protected as strictly as possible...."

the Dutch Wiki about Bea:

"..Unlike her mother, who often addressed herself as 'madam', Beatrix always wished she was addressed as 'Majesty'. Her mother's birthday was taken as Queen's Day, but the flower parade was abolished. Instead of the population walking along the steps of her residential palace in a parade and laying down flowers, as with her mother, Beatrix chose to visit one or two Dutch places each time. She also abolished her mother's practice of having the queen pour her palace staff a mug of hot chocolate just before Christmas. She also no longer served a cup of tea to visiting ministers, as her mother did, but left it to a lackey.

Plans to reorganize the Dutch court were carried out. At the head was a grand master, to which the heads of service are responsible. In 1981 she moved with her family to The Hague. Huis ten Bosch Palace became the residential palace and Noordeinde Palace in the center of The Hague near the Binnenhof became the working palace..."

"....On the occasion of the government anniversary, Beatrix was generally praised in the press for her professional, albeit somewhat detached royalty. Her suggested meddling and influence were nuanced....."

"....For a long time, the royal family remained scandal-free. This changed in the late 1990s. Public opinion began to turn against Beatrix from time to time and in popular national gossip magazines she was portrayed as an "angry mother-in-law" who wouldn't want her son Willem-Alexander to marry whoever he wanted...."

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3365 on: January 04, 2021, 10:22:28 AM »

The "angry mother-in-law" (actually make that the angry royal court) is IMO a legend nowadays. The old generation somewhat bumped against the traditions and managed in some cases to wriggle past, but IMO all the new generations's tales about " XY threatened to give up the throne for their love to ABC" is bulldroopings. We heard it from Spain, from the NL and from the North. Sorry, not buying it. The only one who really had to bite the bullet was Johan Friso - and his wife by all accounts had been highly controversial.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3366 on: January 06, 2021, 03:21:35 PM »

The Royal Couple and Princess Beatrix will be vaccinated

King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and Princess Beatrix will also be vaccinated against the corona virus as soon as it is their turn. The Government Information Service has confirmed this to the ANP news agency. Princess Beatrix is celebrating her 83rd birthday this month.

The royal couple responded this morning to the first vaccinations in the Netherlands via Twitter:

Roughly translated as:

"The start of the vaccinations is a turning point that gives hope for a way out of this crisis. Many thanks to everyone who cooperates! Now it is important to persevere together."

- King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3367 on: January 15, 2021, 02:24:42 PM »

Might be slightly off topic as Royal dutch news, but perhaps one of our dutchies could explain the governmental chaos in the NL right now? We had no information about the crisis and the news that the governmant stepped down was a total surprise to me at least..

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3368 on: January 15, 2021, 02:55:04 PM »

Might be slightly off topic as Royal dutch news, but perhaps one of our dutchies could explain the governmental chaos in the NL right now? We had no information about the crisis and the news that the governmant stepped down was a total surprise to me at least..

As a result of the so-called 'Toeslagenaffaire', Rutte III's cabinet resigned this afternoon. Former Prime Minister Rutte would submit the resignation of his cabinet to King Willem-Alexander

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toeslagenaffaire

According to the Wiki, linked above:
"...The benefits affair is an affair in the Netherlands in which approximately 26,000 parents falsely became the victim of fraud suspicions with the childcare allowance and / or became the victim of a tough approach to fraud by the Tax Authorities, from 2013 to at least 2019.  This came to light in September 2018 and led to the fall of the Rutte III cabinet and the resignation of State Secretary of Finance Menno Snel..."
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3369 on: January 15, 2021, 02:56:43 PM »

Thanks. I didn't even look to Wiki, but to be sure, there is a page.... Halo

Mary's life motto:
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3370 on: January 15, 2021, 02:58:45 PM »

Thanks. I didn't even look to Wiki, but to be sure, there is a page.... Halo

Well, I was also a bit surprised to notice the Wiki page Smiley
scarlett123

Baby Member

Philippines Philippines

Ignore
« Reply #3371 on: January 20, 2021, 05:19:58 AM »

Not surprised that the Greek vacation did some damage to Willem. According to this po from December 2020, trust in the King has fallen to 47%: https://royalcentral.co.u...tch-king-plummets-154104/
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3372 on: January 20, 2021, 05:35:06 AM »

Not surprised that the Greek vacation did some damage to Willem. According to this po from December 2020, trust in the King has fallen to 47%: https://royalcentral.co.u...tch-king-plummets-154104/

I suspect he is driven by what his wife and daughters want - so hence Greece in Summer etc . . . not a good look at all . . . just shows them up to be another lot of tone deaf people in a bubble
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3373 on: February 02, 2021, 09:58:04 AM »

https://www.nu.nl/binnenl...elijk-te-beinvloeden.html

Royal Household tried to possibly influence research into Julio Poch

The Royal Family may have tried to influence the investigation into Transavia pilot Julio Poch, who was held in custody in Argentina for eight years on suspicion of involvement in death flights in the 1970s. This is the conclusion of the Machielse committee in an investigation published on Monday.

According to the investigators, an employee of the Queen's cabinet or secretariat called the vice-president of Eurojust (the European organization dealing with international cooperation in criminal matters) and said that Poch, who was acquitted in 2017, may be prosecuted, " was painful for Máxima ".

Jorge Zorreguieta, Máxima's father, was agriculture minister during the regime of Argentine dictator Jorge Videla.

Roelof Jan Mansholt, then vice-president of Eurojust, explains to the committee that he received a phone call in 2007 from an employee from the circles of the Royal Family, who wondered whether "that case against that Argentinian pilot was necessary". She continued that it was "so painful for Máxima".

Mansholt was wrong with that comment, he told the committee. He said, "I think the case is much more painful for the victims thrown from the plane and the next of kin."

Mansholt asked the employee to submit a "reasoned written request". That never happened.

The case in brief
Julio Poch (68) has lived in the Netherlands since 1988.
Shortly before his retirement he was arrested in Valencia and extradited.
Argentina, his native country, wanted to try him for taking part in the death flights.
These were carried out between 1976 and 1983 during the regime of dictator Jorge Videla.
After eight years in custody, Poch was acquitted in 2017.
Poch is claiming damages of 5 million euros.
Investigators face 'inexplicable delay'
The committee made inquiries with the Royal House about the statements, but that did not yield any results. People who were employed by the Royal House at the time, but also King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and Princess Beatrix have indicated that there is nothing to assist them about such a phone call, the Government Information Service (RVD) reported on Monday in a response.

Mansholt has not made any notes of his conversation. The commission calls him "a reliable witness".

The investigation further shows that during the same period, the investigators face "inexplicable postponement" of decisions necessary to carry out investigative activities. Whether this also has to do with the interventions from the Royal Family remains unclear.

A chief of the Information National Criminal Investigation Unit (UINR) said that "a small orange light" had come on in the case because the father of the future queen had been part of the Argentinian government during the dictatorship.

A public prosecutor stated that he "hit a wall". This was also evident from the decision to cancel a trip to Argentina during this period. "It is a mystery to me why the wheels are being pulled in the sand in this case. Clarification would be more than welcome," an anonymous CIE prosecutor wrote in a memo.

The committee was also unable to find out why the training was being carried out, "due to missing documentation and lack of memories among the relevant executives of both the National Criminal Investigation Department and the National Public Prosecutor's Office". The Committee does note that "a certain sensitivity" in connection with the Royal House played, whether or not in the background.

Commission: The government acted correctly in the Poch case
The committee, led by former Attorney General at the Supreme Court Ad Machielse, finally concludes that the government has acted correctly in the Poch case. It also appears that the then Minister of Justice Ernst Hirsch Ballin did not give a personal assignment to the investigation.

According to the committee, the suspicions against Poch were such that the Netherlands had to initiate an investigation on the basis of international treaties and that information had to be provided to Argentina.

According to the committee, the provision of the flight data of Poch, as a result of which he could be arrested in Madrid (on the last flight before his retirement) in 2009, is also permitted. So there was no covert rendition.

The big question is how the Royal Family could have been aware of the investigation into Poch so early. In 2007 it was still in the first phase. The then Minister of Justice stated that he only heard about the investigation in October 2007, so a few months later.

https://nos.nl/nieuwsuur/...-was-er-wel-degelijk.html

Minister denies political interference in the Poch case, but there was

The committee that investigated influencing the case surrounding the Argentinian pilot Julio Poch, published its findings on Monday. According to Justice Minister Ferd Grapperhaus, the conclusion is that there was no political interference in the file. But that conclusion is incorrect. Three questions for reporter Bas Haan, who has been following the case for years.

1. Is there anyway political interference in this matter?
What Minister Grapperhaus says is a play on words. The assignment he gave to the committee is to investigate whether the then Minister Hirsch Ballin had formally issued a designation, and whether he interfered with the police investigation. commission indeed did not happen.

But the commission also describes, in quite a bit of detail, how both the Justice Department and the State Department intervened in order to prosecute Poch in Argentina. Both directly and in diplomatic relations with Argentina. For example, the committee states that at a certain point the minister was even given 'control', 'both over the steps to be taken and the communication about them'. So there was certainly interference in the minister's file, and that is simply stated in this report. ”Successive cabinets deny that cooperation in the extradition was also a political decision.

2. Has the House now received all the information about the role of the Netherlands in the case?
"No, the documents that the House has often asked for have still not been delivered. That is why this case is not even so much about Poch, but about a fundamental problem: the relationship between the cabinet and the House in terms of information provision. Time and again, inadequate or incorrect information is provided to the House in all kinds of files.

The Machielse Committee also complained about poor archiving. It is unclear which documents still have to be found. But the obligation to provide those documents is there. Grapperhaus must provide full disclosure and submit all relevant documents to the Chamber. "

3. Has the Royal Family also tried to influence the investigation?
The report states that in 2007 a phone call came in to a prosecutor involved in the Poch case. "Because that was so annoying for Princess Máxima."

This naturally raises many questions, but the committee was unable to determine whether this lady was actually a member of the Queen's Cabinet. "

And now?
MPs from D66 and SP are not just satisfied with the report. Sjoerd Sjoerdsma of D66 wants clarification about the 'royal' phone call and SP member Michiel van Nispen wants a debate as soon as possible. The case surrounding the compensation for Poch is also still ongoing.

The Poch case
Poch was suspected of being involved in the 'death flights' during Argentina's Videla dictatorship. In addition, political opponents were thrown into the water from planes or helicopters to make them disappear. When Poch was suspected, he was now a Dutch citizen and flew for Transavia. Thanks to Dutch information, he was arrested in Spain and extradited to Argentina.

Poch was held in custody for eight years, but was acquitted in November 2017. But the question remained: was the Netherlands responsible for the suffering caused to him? For years, the House demanded information about the case in vain. These documents have still not been submitted, but an investigation committee has been set up. It published its conclusions on Monday.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3374 on: February 03, 2021, 11:37:26 AM »

I don't quite understand the article?
What exactly is the Royal House been accused of? Interference into a trial, yes but to influence what?
First, one gets the impression, that bringing up this chapter of Argentina's past was painful for Maxima, since she feared her father's involvement would be brought up and condemned again - giving her negative press and hurting her family. But the last sentence: "But the question remained: was the Netherlands responsible for the suffering caused to him? " implies, that infact the RF had some hand in prolonging the trial?

Mary's life motto:
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: