Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 242   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch Royal News  (Read 792354 times)
Mariola

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3495 on: July 30, 2021, 07:47:45 PM »

I think we can just agree to disagree and I’ll be the first to admit it if I’m wrong. But I think “brat” is pretty strong.

I agree with you.

If the only thing the girl is doing to seem arrogant is to not look good in the photographs then I am also very arrogant indeed  Grin I always look bad. However it is also possible that she spends time taking selfies and posing (she is at that age) and this is what she does here - posing.

Meanwhile this is a nice picture:

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #3496 on: July 30, 2021, 10:04:54 PM »

^ Yes, that's a sweet photo. Who knows - perhaps that's the "real" Alexia, and the snooty-looking photos are just "posing".
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3497 on: July 31, 2021, 12:03:52 AM »

Irrelevant to the discussion at hand, but I thought Maxima's belt buckle was a coffee cup Alexia was holding!
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3498 on: July 31, 2021, 12:22:18 AM »

Irrelevant to the discussion at hand, but I thought Maxima's belt buckle was a coffee cup Alexia was holding!

Laugh bounce

Regular or decaf?

Star Mariola and EAH
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #3499 on: August 05, 2021, 11:03:58 PM »

Laugh bounce

Regular or decaf?

Star Mariola and EAH

I was thinking "Coffee filter!"

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Picar

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3500 on: August 06, 2021, 06:31:06 PM »

Laugh bounce Laugh bounce Laugh bounce Laugh bounce Laugh bounce Laugh bounce Laugh bounce
Picar

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3501 on: August 06, 2021, 06:36:32 PM »

Star Star Star

Like so many people in my area, my parents did not think the holiday to Greece during Corona time was such a handy step from WA and his family. Okay, at that time vacationing/traveling was allowed (under certain restrictions). But given the representative role of the royal family, it does not come across well. Especially, when I remember it correct, you use the government plane for this holiday. My parents were also annoyed by the somewhat nagging attitude when they came back. WA and Max made some sort of apology via a TV broadcast. But later in an interview with Max (in connection with her 50th birthday), she seems to suggest that her husband and his family "deserved" this vacation. To be honest, that left my parents' spines standing up again.

As once said in the media in 2020:

"...A storm of criticism arose in the country and in politics in The Hague when it turned out that they flew with the government plane to Athens for a holiday, while ministers of The Hague urged the Dutch to stay at home as much as possible because of the corona crisis and as little as possible. to travel abroad...."
Picar

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3502 on: August 06, 2021, 06:40:59 PM »

Most of the children aged 16 understand when it is important to behave and act accordingly. My father took my son, 15, to a business meeting and he was bored to tears. Still he knew how to behave, did his best to make small talk and not to embarrass his granddad. Most kids would do that. You can be a teenager all you want. That "girl" is 16 and she has long figured out the position of her family.

She lives an unbelievable privileged life because of her social position that she aquired from birth. Currently, she is the spare of the Netherlands. They invited the photographers for an photo op in exchange for freedom for the whole summer. Her dad is the head of state. Her mom is Queen. Her sister ist the heir.

I don't think at this age it is asked too much if she can hold her act together for 30 minutes and not pose like she would for some self-centered instaposting but try and look normal and pleasant.

Star Star Star

Ghost

Medium Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #3503 on: August 08, 2021, 08:11:33 AM »

Fairy!
 Star Star Star Star Star Star Star Star Star Star
TheMorWearsPrada

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3504 on: August 13, 2021, 02:11:32 PM »

I have to say, based on how she is shown in pictures and video clips she indeed comes across as arrogant. But I also remember Alexia as a small(er) child, where she came across as much shy and withdrawn. It seemed that Amalia was much more outward-looking (responding to the press, waving, laughing as a small child), while it often seemed too much to Alexia. It is possible that her parents acted on it and that it contributed to her arrogant appearance.

Very late to this discussion, but being very aware of how you look in photos (posing, wearing a lot of make-up etc) can be arrogance, but it can also often be indicative of things like insecurity about one's appearance, anxiety, nervousness and not feeling totally comfortable with having your photo taken. It sounds ironic, but some of my family tease me for being a "poser", but it is actually the opposite - I don't really like having my photo taken and I'm always trying to find a way to stand that doesn't feel so awkward. And unlike me, Alexia's family photos are going to end up all over the internet for the world to see. I worry about looking bad in photos that will only be displayed in my mother's living room and on her Facebook account where she has ~40 friends, so I can't imagine how Alexia and her sisters must feel, especially in those awkward teenage years. It is possible Alexia has tried really hard to beat shyness and her efforts to be more "out there" come off a bit badly.

Maybe she is arrogant. Maybe she is vain. Maybe she is an insufferable brat. Maybe we will see her being a spoiled socialite in a few years. But there is also the possibility that she is a perfectly nice teenage girl feeling kinda awkward knowing her family photos end up on the internet for the whole country to talk about and that awkwardness and desire to look "cool" (very normal for a 16 year old) comes across as arrogance. Either way, we don't know, and I 100% agree with this:

And she’s 16.  Let’s let her grow up a bit before we condemn her.

I think she at least deserves the chance to make it through her teenage years and grow up a bit before being written off as a brat. I'm glad I wasn't throw into the public eye at 16 to be judged, because I personally matured a lot at University. Maybe she will go off to University and turn out totally fine and be a nice person. Maybe she will be an annoying Instagram model or another spoiled Euro socialite in 5 years time, but then at least we'd be criticising the actions of a 21 year old adult who has chosen to keep putting herself out there, not a 16 year old minor living out her awkward teenage years in the public eye when it was expected of her, not something she actually consented to.

anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3505 on: August 13, 2021, 04:42:56 PM »

Star Mor

Yes, I am extremely grateful that nobody but my parents cared what I did when I was 16.
TheMorWearsPrada

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3506 on: August 14, 2021, 09:10:35 AM »

Star Mor

Yes, I am extremely grateful that nobody but my parents cared what I did when I was 16.

+1.

I'm also thankful to be old enough that there was no Facebook/TikTok/Instagram when I was a teenager. There wasn't nearly as much pressure to look "good" before social media came into our lives and every day became a photo op where pictures are shared easily.

Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #3507 on: August 14, 2021, 09:47:26 AM »

The annoying royal instagram model spot has already been taken by her cousin Eloise  Wink

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3508 on: August 14, 2021, 02:54:18 PM »

The annoying royal instagram model spot has already been taken by her cousin Eloise  Wink

Don't forget to add 'author'  Roll Eyes
Paige

Baby Member

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Ignore
« Reply #3509 on: August 17, 2021, 03:00:12 AM »

Originated from Privé, the largest family magazine in the Netherlands, and reprinted by many local media

https://www.ditjesendatje...lijk-maurits-en-marilene/

Painful messages about marriage Maurits and Marilène,The largest family magazine in the Netherlands Privé suggests today that the relationship between the couple is tottering.

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 242   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: