Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jordanian State visit to Italy: 19th October 2009  (Read 12889 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 01:35:04 AM »

Rome, Oct.21 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II discussed with Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi a number of issues of common interest, mainly efforts to achieve peace in the Middle East as well as relations between Jordan and Italy.

During a lengthy telephone conversation, the King and the Italian prime minister agreed to postpone a meeting which was scheduled to be held in Rome today for reasons concerning the Italian prime minister's schedule.The meeting will be held in Amman at a later date.

Earlier, today Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Al Abdullah visited the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Rome, where His Majesty laid a wreath on the monument.Upon arrival at the site, the King was received by Italian Defense Minister Ignazio La Russa and a number of senior Italian military officials.

King Abdullah and Queen Rania also visited the Municipality of Rome where they were received by Mayor of Rome Gianni Alemanno and his wife.The King and the Queen exchanged with the mayor and his wife souvenirs.

His Majesty highlighted the strong ties between Jordan and Italy, pointing to prospects of cooperation between the two countries in various fields.

Their Majesties were accompanied on the visit by Their Royal Highnesses Princess Zein Bint Al Hussein and Princess Aisha Bint Al Hussein as well as the delegation accompanying Their Majesties.King Abdullah and Queen Rania arrived in Rome on Monday on a state visit in response to an invitation by the Italian president and his wife.

His Majesty started the visit by meeting the Italian President Giorgio Napolitano during which they reviewed bilateral ties and efforts to achieve peace in the Middle East.The Italian president held yesterday evening a dinner banquet in honor of Their Majesties as well as the delegation accompanying them.

In remarks at the banquet, President Napolitano voiced pride in cooperation and friendly ties between Jordan and Italy.He also expressed appreciation of efforts exerted by His Majesty to achieve progress and development in the Kingdom.

The Italian president highlighted the role of the two countries and their contribution to achieve stability in the Mediterranean region as well as peace in the Middle East.

King Abdullah said Italy was a model in its quest to enhance joint respect and international peace and prosperity, noting to Italy's role in forging closer regional ties and enhancing the Euro-Mediterranean partnership.

"Both Jordan and Italy hold common values and interests to enhance peace, moderation and tolerance, he said.

His Majesty voiced pride in the Amman Message designed to boost understanding and joint bonds.
http://petra.gov.jo/Artic...tion=1&Artical=143997

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 01:36:28 AM »

Rome, Oct.21(Petra)-- Following its successful UK launch in August, and commitments made by several global leaders earlier this month, the 1Goal campaign, an international initiative coordinated by the Global Campaign for Education (GCE) in partnership with FIFA, was launched in Italy, on Wednesday, by Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, co-founder and global co-chair of the initiative.

"Weíre here today to tap into that famous Italian passione on behalf of 75 million children sent to the sidelines not because theyíve done anything wrong, but because we havenít played by the rules.

We havenít given them what should be their birthright: an education," said Queen Rania at the 1Goal stakeholder event held in Romeís Campidoglio, which houses the office of the Mayor.

The 1Goal campaign aims to leverage the popularity of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, staged in South Africa, to ensure 75 million poverty-stricken children receive an education by 2015.

Rallying the support of footballers and fans in a massive sign up campaign, 1Goal seeks to remind world leaders of their commitment to universal education as part of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).

Queen Rania was joined by Owain James from the Global Campaign of Education (GCE), Isabella Rauti, wife of Romeís Mayor, President of FC Internazionale Massimo Moratti, CEO and Managing Director of FC Internazionale Ernesto Paolillo, Italian TV presenter Milly Carlucci, Bulgari CEO Francesco Trapani, Designer Roberto Cavalli, as well as NGOs and International Organizations such as Save the Children and Oxfam to highlight the sense of urgency needed to get children into schools.

"Itís been nine years since the leaders of the world made a pledge of education for all.But our leaders and politicians would rather attend aid conferences than act on aid pledges.Rather look to others than look to themselves," stressed Her Majesty.

At the event, Queen Rania also urged Italians to raise their voices on behalf of all out-of-school children; to leverage their networks and call on global leaders to give these children the one chance they desperately deserve: "1GOAL says itís time to blow the whistle and survey this sorry state of play because in the game of education, there is no extra time.Childrenís childhoods are now," she concluded.
http://petra.gov.jo/Artic...tion=1&Artical=144108

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2009, 01:37:51 AM »

Rome, Oct.21(Petra) -- In a ceremony held at the Montecitorio Palace in Rome, seat of the Italian Chamber of Deputies, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, on Wednesday, received the Marisa Bellisario Golden Apple International Award in recognition of her humanitarian work, dedication to peace and lasting commitment to the rights of women and children around the world.

"Iím especially honored to receive the Marisa Bellisario Award, an award that symbolizes not just the achievements of some women but the aspirations of millions," Queen Rania told over 300 political and business leaders, parliamentarians, diplomats and representatives of different UN agencies.

The prestigious Bellisario "Golden Apple" award is bestowed annually to women for exceptional achievements in the pursuit of human rights, peace, solidarity and freedom.Founded by Lella Golfo in 1989, the Bellisario Foundation promotes the professionalism of women in both the public and private sectors, recognizing their excellence in the fields of entrepreneurship, business, science, and public administration.

The Bellisario award, presented to Her Majesty by Gianfranco Fini, President of the Italian Chamber of Deputies, was instituted in memory of Marisa Bellisario, one of the foremost figures in the history of Italian business and a renowned social pioneer.

Addressing the audience upon receiving the prize, Her Majesty commended the work of the Bellisario Foundation citing Marisaís strength as an example to women across the world, millions of which remain trapped in the cycle of poverty, being denied the opportunity to fulfill their potential.

Queen Rania went on to highlight the rapidly changing role of women in todayís society, pointing to an estimated three and a half trillion Euros predicted to be injected by women into the global economy over the next five years, but also acknowledged the bitter contradiction inherent in todayís society: "Like the Roman God Janus, women today represent two sides of the world: they are the face of global recovery and the face of global poverty," she said. "At one end of the scale, women are poised to reap the whirlwind of the financial storm.At the other end, they are being battered and beaten by the crisis, while still chained down by history," she added.

Further reflecting on the existing paradox characterizing the status of women today, Her Majesty said: "As more women earn higher salaries and reach higher positions, millions more remain trapped in subsistence labor or cut off from work altogether denied the chance to reach their potential, condemned to live half-lives," she said.

Her Majesty then paused to ask the audience what could possibly set these women apart.

She responded: "A large part of the answer is Education.

Education can be the difference between recovery and poverty, life and death.

" Further underlining its significance, as the basis of a fulfilling future for both women and girls across the world, Queen Rania added: "When you educate a girl she becomes a woman who lifts herself and her family out of poverty, she is more likely to survive childbirth and avoid fatal diseases, like HIV.

As girls and women are educated, and economies stimulated, gender equality surges.

" Taking the opportunity to reflect on the sorrowful reality which still counts 75 million children out of primary school, and 776 million illiterate adults, two-thirds of which are women, Queen Rania concluded: "We cannot afford to keep throwing away so much human potential.

If we want to unleash more prosperity, we must unlock the power of girls.

" Previous international award recipients include Burmese pro-democracy leader and Nobel Prize winner Aung San Suu Kyi; former US Secretary of State Madeline Albright; President of Ireland Mary McAleese; Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Josette Sheeran and Mayor of Milan Letizia Moratti.
http://petra.gov.jo/Artic...tion=1&Artical=144110

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 01:38:29 AM »

Rome, Oct.21 (Petra) -- Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah has opened in Rome in the presence of Italian President Giorgio Napolitano and his wife a Jordanian fair dubbed "Jordan, "A bridge of Cultures" organized as part of the King state visit to Italy.

Their Majesties and Italian President and his wife toured the exhibition, which displayed various ancient artefacts, sculptures and statutes that date back to various eras and poetry.

The fair which runs till the end of next January is also part of the existing cooperation between the Department of Archaeology and the Italian government.

The department of Archaeology organized a similar fair in the Italian city of Florence last July.
http://petra.gov.jo/Artic...tion=1&Artical=144145

shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 01:45:15 AM »

I want that brandy color jacket of Rania's.  So beautiful!

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2009, 07:33:08 PM »

The King and Queen have concluded their visit to Italy:
http://www.petra.gov.jo/T.../Original/News-144310.jpg
http://www.petra.gov.jo/T.../Original/News-144308.jpg
http://www.petra.gov.jo/T.../Original/News-144305.jpg

hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2009, 07:37:45 PM »

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2009, 07:39:54 PM »

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2009, 07:44:30 PM »

Red definitely suits Rania well and I like her hair style. She doesn't need to wear the belt, imo.
Who is the lady in black outfit, she little bit looks alike the King.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2009, 07:48:12 PM »

That is Princess Zein, the King's sister.

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2009, 07:55:15 PM »

Thanks LS, judging from her appearance there my guess she is not very much into fashion thingy (unlike her SIL).

hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2009, 08:01:47 PM »

I like 98% of the clothes in this visit what I like is how sophisticated glam, smart and classy she looks without being ridiculous no outdated hats or stupid gloves no flashy logos not nouveau riche   Wink

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2009, 08:03:28 PM »

I heart your avatar, hanzo!  Star

I like 98% of the clothes in this visit what I like is how sophisticated glam, smart and classy she looks without being ridiculous no outdated hats or stupid gloves no flashy logos not nouveau riche   Wink
ITA but then I think that's Rania's style in general. Her clothes are uber chic and modern imo and that's what I like. She dresses like a contemporary woman.

hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2009, 12:00:38 PM »

I heart your avatar, hanzo!  Star

ITA but then I think that's Rania's style in general. Her clothes are uber chic and modern imo and that's what I like. She dresses like a contemporary woman.
I think that her daily clothing in Jordan missing a spark these days and only in trips aboard she has that spark again

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2009, 12:57:33 PM »

I think her outfits in Jordan are low-key because alot of the events she attends are more low-key. For example I really liked her outfit when she visited the scool in Jordan last week, it was simple, classic and elegant. Something like the orange shift would have looked completely inappropriate.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: