Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The well respected King of Thailand  (Read 2563 times)
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« on: May 31, 2007, 09:11:56 PM »

He is said to be above politics, still he can calmn his politically stirred conutry.

sorry, i fogot to add the article.

http://metropost.com/king...from-the-brink/2007/05/30

« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 09:46:40 PM by wear » Logged
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 09:14:54 PM »

I read that he demanded that a video mocking him will be remove from youtube. Maybe even block youtube.

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

gpanr5

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 09:15:25 PM »

I am from Thailand.  I know people who revere him and people who revile  him.  He seems like such a gentle man and well respected.  My mother has pictures of him and the queen all over her house, so I grew up seeing him as a god-like figure.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 09:48:47 PM »

he is one of the royal heads of states that i respect very much. his wife used to be very beautiful and sylphlike when she was young,--- i think there was no tweaking there.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 09:50:02 PM »

Wear, thanks for starting this thread. Thumb up
I like this king from what I have read about him.He is very accomplished in many things.
About the censoring, I think its those in govt who revere him as a god who do not allow any criticism of the King.
He is quoted as saying:

Bhumibol himself stated that he was not above criticism in his 2005 birthday speech. "Actually, I must also be criticised. I am not afraid if the criticism concerns what I do wrong, because then I know. Because if you say the king cannot be criticised, it means that the king is not human," he said. Despite this, few have dared to call for the repeal of the law.
http://www.answers.com/topic/bhumibol-adulyadej
I also remember  reading something about biographies being banned.The link above gives the reason.

BTW,gpanr5 was it him or the Thai govt that was against the movie Anna & the King?
Wasnt there also a controversy about a biography of one of his daughters?

wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 09:50:47 PM »

about the video on youtube --- i think it is not more on the king asking for it tobe blocked, but because the Thai people have deep respect for him. he truly is the symbol of unity among the Thais.
gpanr5

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 09:51:13 PM »

he is one of the royal heads of states that i respect very much. his wife used to be very beautiful and sylphlike when she was young,--- i think there was no tweaking there.

She was extremely beautiful when she was younger.  
gpanr5

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 09:53:49 PM »

Wear, thanks for starting this thread. Thumb up
I like this king from what I have read about him.He is very accomplished in many things.
About the censoring, I think its those in govt who revere him as a god who do not allow any criticism of the King.
He is quoted as saying:

Bhumibol himself stated that he was not above criticism in his 2005 birthday speech. "Actually, I must also be criticised. I am not afraid if the criticism concerns what I do wrong, because then I know. Because if you say the king cannot be criticised, it means that the king is not human," he said. Despite this, few have dared to call for the repeal of the law.
http://www.answers.com/topic/bhumibol-adulyadej
I also remember  reading something about biographies being banned.The link above gives the reason.

BTW,gpanr5 was it him or the Thai govt that was against the movie Anna & the King?
Wasnt there also a controversy about a biography of one of his daughters?

Oh, I don't know anything about that.  All I know about his daughters is that they are just as respected as he is.  There are three daughters and only one got married and last I read she is living in the US.  The other two seem to have devoted their lives to Thailand. 
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 09:54:56 PM »

by the way, gpanr5, the king has a granddaughter who is very pretty, she is the daughter of the crown prince. do you know her name? sorry it's dificult to remember.

you're welcome jazzy. i just thought to include some royals who are not very popular in the western hemisphere.
gpanr5

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 09:57:38 PM »

No, don't know her name but I was very suprised to learn that he has a son with another wife.  Guess I should ask my mom if he divorced the first one or something else happened.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: