Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thai Royal: News and Activities  (Read 135614 times)
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2011, 11:01:25 PM »

THAKHEK(LAOS), Nov. 11, 2011 Thongsing Thammavong, Prime Minister of Laos (1st R), Bounnhang Vorachit, Vice President of Laos (2nd R), Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, Princess of Thailand (C), and Yingluck Shinawatra, Prime Minister of Thailand

Vice President of Laos (L Front) and Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, Princess of Thailand (R Front) attend the opening ceremony of the 1,423-meter-long Third Laos-Thailand Friendship Bridge, in Thakhek, Laos' central province of Khammouane

just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 03:32:35 PM »

What a nasty and repulsive family they are  Ranting 

Thailand lese majeste man jailed for 20 years

A man who sent text messages deemed insulting to Thailand's monarchy has been jailed for 20 years.

Ampon Tangnoppakul, 61, was convicted of sending four messages last year to an official working for then Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.

He was charged under the Computer Crimes Act and lese majeste law, which is designed to protect the monarchy.

Critics say both laws have been increasingly politicised and are curbing free speech in Thailand.

Ampon was not in court to hear the sentence delivered because recent floods, which have caused widespread disruption in Thailand, stopped him from travelling from his remand prison.

Instead he watched his conviction by video link.

Ampon was convicted of sending the text messages during anti-government street protests that convulsed the capital last year.

He was jailed for five years for each message.

Foreigners convicted
Thailand's criminal code defines lese majeste as defaming, insulting or threatening the king, queen, heir-apparent or regent.

Offenders can receive 15 years in jail for each offence.

In recent years the law has been used far more frequently and far more widely than in the past.

There have been widespread allegations that the law is being misused to settles scores and silence debate rather than protect the monarchy.

Several foreigners have been convicted of the offence in recent years, but they are often quickly pardoned and deported from the country.

Some Thai academics and writers have fled the country for fear of being denounced.

In an ongoing high-profile case, the webmaster of a liberal news website is currently on trial accused of failing to remove allegedly offensive comments posted by readers quickly enough.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-15850068

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 03:37:08 PM »

That´s disgusting 

digitalkat

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2011, 04:13:21 AM »

Goodness gracious. I hope someone in their court has the decency to tell the truth about how she really looks instead of fawning on her "fashion sense".

She must have gotten a LOT of encouragement to be able to have the confidence to be photographed looking like this with a broad smile on her face. Crap

[coeur / heart]

This word refers to all kinds of movements and
desires, but what is constant is that the heart is
constituted into a gift-object — whether ignored
or rejected.

--Roland Barthes, "Fragments D'un Discours Amoureux"
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2011, 05:20:14 PM »

BBC News

15 December 2011 Last updated at 14:47

Activist gets 15-year jail for insulting Thai monarchy

A political activist has been sentenced to 15 years in prison in Thailand for insulting the monarchy.

Daranee Charnchoengsilpakul was found guilty of violating strict lese majeste laws that seek to protect the king, queen and heir to the throne.

She was convicted on three counts of defaming the monarchy at political rallies in 2008.

Hers is the latest in a series of high-profile cases to be brought under the lese majeste laws.

Ms Daranee - better known as "Da Torpedo" for her aggressive manner of speaking - has said she would not appeal against the sentence.

"I have no will to keep fighting and I will neither lodge an appeal nor seek a royal pardon," she told the Associated Press.

In 2009 Ms Daranee was sentenced to 18 years' jail for the same offences, but an appeals court ordered a retrial because the original proceedings were heard behind closed doors.

"What Daranee did was against the law," the trial judge said delivering the verdict on Thursday.

"She had committed this crime several times, so there was a charge of five years for each offence."

Last week, Thai-born American citizen Joe Gordon was given two-and-a-half years in jail for defaming the royal family.

And last month Amphon Tangnoppakul, 61, was jailed for 20 years for sending messages from his mobile phone that were deemed offensive.

The United States and the European Union have both expressed concern about the recent cases.

rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2011, 06:39:29 PM »

^^^^   Crap

I love how the US expressed their concerns but have no problem putting people in jail without a shred of evidence ..the same goes for the EU .
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2012, 07:19:02 PM »

Feb. 22, 2012 - Lisbon, Portugal -  The Royal Visit of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn to Portugal from 21- 22 February 2012 to preside over the inauguration of the Thai Pavillion as a gift from the Government and peoples of Thailand to the Government and peoples of Portugal will also mark the golden era in Thailand - Portugal relations. In this regard, both sides will use the opportunity of the commemorative celebrations to further strengthen their relations and cooperation in all areas. In Picture: Antonio Costa, Maha Chakri Sirindhorn and Maria Cavaco Silva. PHOTO: Alvaro Isidoro/LisbonFILES

Dom Duarte was also there
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2012, 04:51:01 AM »

The Princess at the Fahion Week in Paris

http://www.daylife.com/se...e&q=princess+thailand
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2012, 03:34:05 PM »

Chanel^,  also...

Louis Vuitton

Balmain

Dior

Lanvin
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2012, 08:55:43 PM »

she is unattractive and dull no matter how hard she tries and she looks like she tries very hard

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

digitalkat

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2012, 10:09:20 AM »

she is unattractive and dull no matter how hard she tries and she looks like she tries very hard

She has neither the facial features nor the right proportions to carry couture effortlessly...
unfortunately she can pile the most expensive couture plus jewels on her stocky body and still look plain.

Well, God is fair. At least she's rich and can enjoy these things regardless of how she looks in them. Many models who wear these on a daily basis most likely can't afford the vast collection she owns!
(Shrug)

[coeur / heart]

or rejected.

Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2012, 10:21:15 AM »

Yes, the Princess has nondescript, almost generic, Asian features.
Not very attractive nor memorable ... but she doesn't need to be to be happy. Smiley
She has many perks to overcome her looks.
I think that she dresses to her advantage.
Her clothes are carefully chosen and she looked fantastic in the long white outfit.  Thumb up
I like that she chooses monotones; they suit her short stature well.
 Quite an ignorant and terribly racist comment - which is obviously not welcome on this board.
Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2012, 10:47:48 AM »

Not very attractive nor memorable ... but she doesn't need to be to be happy. Smiley

Say what???!!!! As one of those generic Asians, I'm offended by this!  Thumb down

digitalkat

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2012, 01:35:25 PM »

Say what???!!!! As one of those generic Asians, I'm offended by this!  Thumb down
Hmmm...well,  I wouldn't say she's generic Asian, as the word encompasses many ethnic groups,
and I know many gorgeous looking Asians with striking features and fabulous proportions who look drastically different from this darling princess.
The princess forms quite a league by herself, I'd say.   Wink
It's nice to see that she's having fun and enjoying the world of fashion, though! 

[coeur / heart]

or rejected.

just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2012, 05:24:38 PM »

She is so unappealing!

And how does she pay for all these clothes and trips to Europe? Thailand's per capita GDP is about US$5000! That's half the per capita GDP of Mexico. She acts like the wife of an oligarch, maybe that's what she is  Thinking

She must be desperate to 'make it' in Paris, and spend a lot of money on couture for them to keep inviting her!
 Laugh bounce
http://cache.daylife.com/...ve/055kahFc9NdTg/x610.jpg

Lady Gaga anyone?

I too find her very average looking. Compared to other Asian royalty she lacks their (outward) humility and intelligence. It doesn't surprise me she would behave like this because her family is very ruthless 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:33:18 PM by just a serf » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: