Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thai Royal: News and Activities  (Read 135626 times)
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2012, 12:29:47 AM »

The Princess at the Fahion Week in Paris

http://www.daylife.com/se...e&q=princess+thailand

I think she looks great in this Chanel.

I know the royal family is both wealthy and quite large, and it's cool if she wants to work in fashion, I guess - but until she gets a job in it it seems terrible to prance around in new couture each day while people in Thailand are thrown in prison for 'insulting' the King. Does this woman do anything to help her country? 
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 12:44:13 AM »

Yes, the Princess has nondescript, almost generic, Asian features.
Not very attractive nor memorable ... but she doesn't need to be to be happy. Smiley

Say what???!!!! As one of those generic Asians, I'm offended by this!  Thumb down

ITA. one person's external appearance has nothing to do with their right to be happy...irrespective of their ethnicity, race, creed   Crap

F78 Star

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2012, 01:11:46 AM »

Not very attractive nor memorable ... but she doesn't need to be to be happy. Smiley

Say what???!!!! As one of those generic Asians, I'm offended by this!  Thumb down

This was not at all meant to offend, Fragrance78. I'm sorry that it offended you in any way.

The Thai Princess is Asian so to call her Asian is just stating the fact, it's not offensive.
I see her as very homely, home brand, generic in looks.
If she were in a crowd of people in her native country I would not say that she would stand out for her gorgeous looks, unique features, wonderful statue etc... She is mediocre in looks to me.
Had she been Caucasian I might have said 'generic Caucasian' (I think Prince Frederik looks almost generic in a Caucasian sense - mousy hair, pale eyes, not tall, not angular, not outstanding amongst his 'race'. And calling him Caucasian would also not be offensive.) I look quite generic Caucasian myself - not stunning nor unusual in any way.
(Though, my mother has an Asian ancestor and I am not a racist..)

Do I think that Asians can be absolutely beautiful? - yes, of course.  But she is not one of them.
Do I think that looks matter in a person's right to be happy?  No ... And that is what I inferred.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2012, 08:09:14 PM »

Isn't her grandpa (the King) a billionaire ? She studied fashion.

From Wikipedia:

In 2007, she was invited by Pierre Balmain, the French couturier, to present her fashion show in Paris. Her debut Paris collection was titled Presence of the Past, which drew on memories of her royal grandmother as well as giving a modern interpretation to traditional Thai costume.[2]  The following year, she presented her own fashion show in Paris.[3

just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2013, 10:36:22 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21055202

Thai comedian and 'red-shirt' leader jailed for royal insult

A prominent member of Thailand's "red-shirt" political movement has been jailed for two years for insulting the monarchy in a 2010 speech.

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2013, 07:41:05 AM »

Thai court jails magazine editor over 'royal insult'

A Thai court has jailed a magazine editor for 10 years for publishing articles that were deemed to have insulted the monarchy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21155704

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
sandra_swe

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2013, 07:58:29 AM »

Wow she tries so hard with makeup and clothes,but she still does not look good..too bad she did not get her grandmothers genes,she was very beautiful;

Fertiv
Banned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2014, 10:07:06 PM »

Saw this article in the ES tonight,  does anyone know what the situation in Thailand is at the moment, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of news...  What is the King's position in amongst all this turmoil?

http://www.standard.co.uk...etinue-of-30-9423659.html
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2014, 01:05:58 AM »

I was wondering the same thing since the coup, are they OK ?
Fertiv
Banned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2014, 02:12:12 AM »

No actual news on the Thai royals, but this bizarre article is in the DM todaay

How future queen of Thailand (wearing only a tiny G-string) let her poodle Foo Foo eat cake: As coup rocks Bangkok, video reveals royal couple’s decadent lifestyle
http://www.dailymail.co.u...s-decadent-lifestyle.html
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2014, 02:49:02 AM »

HUGE fail for the Daily Mail, that video came out several years ago.
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2014, 08:26:25 PM »

I don't if this old article (02.22.14) had been already posted...

"The Real Crisis in Thailand is the Coming Royal Succession"
http://www.thedailybeast....ing-royal-succession.html
Meanwhile, Thaksin has a plan for the day the King dies, counting on the ascension of the Crown Prince to the throne. The Crown Prince is as reviled among the Thai people as the King, Rama IX, is beloved.

The Thai dread their next King. They call him “Sia O,” a gangster name. Thaksin tried to suborn the Crown Prince by paying off his gambling debts, and by refurbishing his Nonthaburi Palace, but the gambit backfired. The Crown Prince moved to the Sukothai Palace, and he called Thaksin “an elected dictator” in a conversation with Ambassador Boyce that was immortalized in diplomatic cables published by WikiLeaks.

Thaksin has his eye on the prize: He covets the $35 billion dollar holdings of the Crown Property Bureau, and he envisions himself a president of a Thai republic that would nationalize royal assets. This would imply the demise of the Thai monarchy, at least figuratively, and it would seal Thaksin’s final triumph over the royalists and generals that usurped him during the coup of 2006.

The demise of the Chakri dynasty is unthinkable for most Thai, but they dread their Crown Prince. Failing an unimaginable miracle, even more turmoil looms ahead for Thailand. Long live the King.

Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2014, 08:36:39 PM »

No actual news on the Thai royals, but this bizarre article is in the DM todaay

How future queen of Thailand (wearing only a tiny G-string) let her poodle Foo Foo eat cake: As coup rocks Bangkok, video reveals royal couple’s decadent lifestyle
http://www.dailymail.co.u...s-decadent-lifestyle.html

As disgusting as Snaky posing nude. "In one scene, the topless princess appears to bend over to eat out of a dog bowl, while in another a servant falls to his knees in front of her. Later the royal couple sing Happy Birthday to their dog." Decadent people, they're right !

By the way, sugar kills pets and make them blind ! It's cruel to feed them with cakes !
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 08:42:52 PM by Marie » Logged

Je suis Charlie
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2014, 08:40:56 PM »

she is unattractive and dull no matter how hard she tries and she looks like she tries very hard

She's not pretty and she is more vulgar on some pics that women working in my supermarket. Frankly, they look better !

How nice that she is enjoying Paris fashion week's most expensive label. And the average wage in Thailand is how much?  Thumb down Of course if you post this comment in Thailand you could go to prison.

I agree, and I'm always chocked by all the money spent on dull women instead of being used to promote children, especially girl's, education or to provide shelther to homeless humans and animals, save endangered species...

she looks ugly and her behavior is ugly why won't she go back to her poor country and work for her people?!  Roll Eyes

It's very chocking to see Moshes' compulsive and despite common sense spendings, but it is worse to see all these royals from countries were x % of the population is starving and has no access to water. Why they all need to play top models in fancy & horrible expensive clothes ? Does it make them prettier or better ?

Star  for both of you just a serf and hanzo !!!

Last Edit:    Today at 08:48:10 PM
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 08:51:25 PM by Marie » Logged

Je suis Charlie
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2014, 09:00:43 PM »

This was not at all meant to offend, Fragrance78. I'm sorry that it offended you in any way.

The Thai Princess is Asian so to call her Asian is just stating the fact, it's not offensive.
I see her as very homely, home brand, generic in looks.
If she were in a crowd of people in her native country I would not say that she would stand out for her gorgeous looks, unique features, wonderful statue etc... She is mediocre in looks to me.
Had she been Caucasian I might have said 'generic Caucasian' (I think Prince Frederik looks almost generic in a Caucasian sense - mousy hair, pale eyes, not tall, not angular, not outstanding amongst his 'race'. And calling him Caucasian would also not be offensive.) I look quite generic Caucasian myself - not stunning nor unusual in any way.
(Though, my mother has an Asian ancestor and I am not a racist..)

Do I think that Asians can be absolutely beautiful? - yes, of course.  But she is not one of them.
Do I think that looks matter in a person's right to be happy?  No ... And that is what I inferred.

I totally agree, and I wasn't chocked as I understood perfectly what Cloaked wanted to say. I find "generic" just fine, a synonym of "average" or not outstanding. "Generic" doesn't mean "genetic", but one of many... Cloaked wanted to say that she looks like any John (Jane ?) Doe in Asian streets. And yes she looks mediocre. A hint : with a simple outfit, less make up, at a charity work, she would look great  Smiley !

Je suis Charlie
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: