Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thai Royal: News and Activities  (Read 135470 times)
lynaH

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: July 14, 2020, 07:56:31 PM »

Am I the only one getting serious Henry VIII vibes from Rama X ? I suppose in 500 years we'll have a series about him and his wives.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: July 15, 2020, 12:49:56 AM »

https://prachatai.com/english/node/8646

Tiwagorn Withiton, a Facebook user who went viral for posting a picture of himself wearing a shirt printed with I lost faith in the monarchy, was forcibly taken by police officers and admitted to the Khon Kaen Rajanagarindra Psychiatric Hospital last Thursday

That is horrible.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: July 15, 2020, 08:32:46 AM »

Am I the only one getting serious Henry VIII vibes from Rama X ? I suppose in 500 years we'll have a series about him and his wives.
Henry was desperate for a son to seal his succession at a time when such things were utterly crucial. And then he was pretty sick after a heavy horse fell on to him. He was paranoid, haunted and quite possibly in constant pain and very much the absolute male king in a time that saw gender distinctions and human Rights a lot different from us today  - what excuse does the Thai king have?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: July 16, 2020, 04:22:51 AM »

Henry was desperate for a son to seal his succession at a time when such things were utterly crucial. And then he was pretty sick after a heavy horse fell on to him. He was paranoid, haunted and quite possibly in constant pain and very much the absolute male king in a time that saw gender distinctions and human Rights a lot different from us today  - what excuse does the Thai king have?

Nobody can stop him? Also I suspect the man has very serious mental issues, though I'm basing that on the stories of him enjoying people's pain even as a child.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: July 16, 2020, 06:25:38 AM »

I think he suffered a head injury, too. Reports of a personality change happened after his fall from the horse. In his younger days with Catherine of Aragon , he was considered quite charming, smart and was well liked. Head injuries are bad.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: July 16, 2020, 08:18:02 AM »

The vibes I get off of him are Boris Karloff as Frankenstein.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: July 16, 2020, 09:12:33 AM »

He is just a real piece of... you know.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: August 04, 2020, 07:23:43 PM »

Thailand protesters openly criticise monarchy in Harry Potter-themed rally

https://www.theguardian.c...harry-potter-themed-rally

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: August 16, 2020, 11:52:33 AM »

"Vajiralongkorn is back in Zurich on his special Thai Airways flight after his 19-hour visit to Thailand, during which he had a miserable birthday meeting with Sirikit, ordered the cabinet and army to crack down on protesters, and collected huge donations from rich tycoons. Once again he seems to be wearing quite unusual clothing."

Zenjournalist on twitter

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: August 16, 2020, 05:20:57 PM »

"Vajiralongkorn is back in Zurich on his special Thai Airways flight after his 19-hour visit to Thailand, during which he had a miserable birthday meeting with Sirikit, ordered the cabinet and army to crack down on protesters, and collected huge donations from rich tycoons. Once again he seems to be wearing quite unusual clothing."

Zenjournalist on twitter

Star For your post about the HP themed protests. That is amazing and very brave of those people.

I wonder who is propping this miserable wretch up?  Who benefits from this behavior, because it seems like he turns on people with stunning ease and regularity.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: August 17, 2020, 12:26:19 PM »

Zenjournalist on twitter

Star For your post about the HP themed protests. That is amazing and very brave of those people.

I wonder who is propping this miserable wretch up?  Who benefits from this behavior, because it seems like he turns on people with stunning ease and regularity.

The army, the government and wealthy Thai families is my understanding. But it's a fraught situation. Rama is a despot, but also lazy and largely absent. So he creates these laws that make people angry and afraid, and then disappears back to crop topping around Bavaria.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: August 25, 2020, 04:30:13 PM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...koning-wekt-ergernis.html

Protest Thailand is spreading,  also annoyed by Thai King

In Thailand the call for more democracy and freedoms is getting louder. More than a week ago, 20,000 students took to the streets in the capital Bangkok. What started as a student protest is now spreading to the rest of the population.

The protesters are calling for new elections, the resignation of Prime Minister (and former army chief) Prayuth and reform of the monarchy. The latter is remarkable, says correspondent Annemarie Kas from Jakarta. Criticism of the royal family is a big taboo in Thailand: "Lese majesty is a fifteen year prison sentence."

Unpopular
The royal family was very popular under the previous King Bhumibol, who reigned from 1946 until his death in 2016. Since his son took over in 2018, criticism has been mounting.

Since taking office, Maha Vajiralongkorn has increasingly seized power. Kas: "He has placed two units of the army under his control and can decide himself about the finances of the royal family."

But what bothers the Thai most is that the king spends most of his time in a villa in Germany. "He mainly stays there and is not often in Thailand. That does not seem very involved, the protesters say."

It is the largest protest since the coup in 2014 that brought the current prime minister to power. Not only are demonstrations taking place in the capital Bangkok, people are also taking to the streets in other provinces, says Kas: "High school students are also joining the protest." Young people often raise three fingers at the protests; a reference to the movie The Hunger Games. This gesture symbolizes respect.

"It was also used in 2014," says Kas. At the time, the protests were quashed, now they are allowed by the government for the time being. "Demonstrating is allowed in Thailand, under certain conditions. For example, the demonstrators must adhere to the covid measures."

The protesters not only demand reform of the monarchy, but also want more freedoms: "They want to modernize democracy in Thailand."

Bail
A number of protest leaders have been arrested and later released on bail, including Thai activist and human rights lawyer Anon Nampa. Kas: "Until now they always let them go on bail."

Today Nampa was arrested for the third time in a month, according to Reuters news agency. "They are not arrested for lese majesty, but because of sedition", Kas concludes. "Or because of violating the corona measures."
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: August 26, 2020, 09:10:09 AM »

Ex consort Koi has been forgiven and is being released from prison so she can rejoin Rama's harem in Bavaria.

Honestly, could you imagine that being your choice: remain in a brutal Thai prison or be released to join an abusive harem. These poor women.

LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: August 26, 2020, 01:09:05 PM »

This guy is absolutely awful.

I wish mainstream medias of the world to expose him and his tyrannical regime. It's not talk about enough IMO. These brave protesters need support and help to get their message delivered.

lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: August 26, 2020, 03:48:23 PM »

Ex consort Koi has been forgiven and is being released from prison so she can rejoin Rama's harem in Bavaria.

Honestly, could you imagine that being your choice: remain in a brutal Thai prison or be released to join an abusive harem. These poor women.
Well they do join the bodyguard willingly hoping to catch his eye. And Koi was maneuvering to become queen, apparently, so I don't particularly pity her. If he started picking up girls off the street, that would be a different story. But right now my sympathy is with the Thai people as a whole, who have to put up with him, and with his 3rd wife and her family. She's imprisoned, hasn't seen her son in years, living in a shack with an outhouse and they shave her head daily.
She probably didn't know what she was getting into, his brutality was quite so well known back then.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: