Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thai Royal: News and Activities  (Read 126424 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: August 26, 2020, 08:13:46 PM »

This guy is absolutely awful.

I wish mainstream medias of the world to expose him and his tyrannical regime. It's not talk about enough IMO. These brave protesters need support and help to get their message delivered.

I agree LT.  I think the problem is that they are competing with a pandemic and civil unrest in a lot of other places, so they don't get the support they deserve.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: August 26, 2020, 11:04:35 PM »

I wish mainstream medias of the world to expose him and his tyrannical regime. It's not talk about enough IMO. These brave protesters need support and help to get their message delivered.

I agree LT.  I think the problem is that they are competing with a pandemic and civil unrest in a lot of other places, so they don't get the support they deserve.

Sadly Thailand is not important enough for the (Western) world to care.

While people like to spend their holidays there or move there, when they're older, I think very few of them would find Thailand on the map let alone have any idea about it's king and the system...not that they care anyway...they're like: It's not my business, I just want to enjoy the sun.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 11:49:46 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: August 27, 2020, 01:05:01 AM »

I agree LT.  I think the problem is that they are competing with a pandemic and civil unrest in a lot of other places, so they don't get the support they deserve.

Sadly Thailand is not important enough for the (Western) world to care.

While people like to spend their holidays there or move there, when they're older, I think very few of them would find Thailand on the map let alone have any idea about it's king and the system...not that they care anyway...they're like: It's not my business, I just want to enjoy the sun.

Honestly I don't think anyone should get involved in other countries politics. I always get annoyed when non-Americans go on about American politics. And that actually can affect them, so they have a right to an opinion. I think that as long as genocide isn't happening no one should interfere with another country's politics.
If it's not your country you probably don't understand the nuances. And after Iraq I think we should all be afraid of interfering in other countries internal affairs.

Of course i'm one to talk, since I have very strong opinions on Rama X, but I'll admit that I would never say a word about it to any Thai person.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: August 27, 2020, 10:33:11 AM »

Thailand has had at least 13 coups. There's a high tolerance for inside and outside the country for political turmoil, and a desire for stability that can lead to some excesses being ignored. Also, Rama is incredibly rich and a lot of people's morals crumble in the face of so much wealth.

I guess one of my red lines is that even if people tolerate what happens in Thailand (we shouldn't, I don't think), why is he allowed to oversee an abusive harem and avoid paying taxes while he's in Germany for months on end?

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: August 27, 2020, 02:27:33 PM »

Thailand has had at least 13 coups. There's a high tolerance for inside and outside the country for political turmoil, and a desire for stability that can lead to some excesses being ignored. Also, Rama is incredibly rich and a lot of people's morals crumble in the face of so much wealth.

I guess one of my red lines is that even if people tolerate what happens in Thailand (we shouldn't, I don't think), why is he allowed to oversee an abusive harem and avoid paying taxes while he's in Germany for months on end?
The non paying taxes is a German affair. Perhaps the German government want to stay on good terms with Thailand.
If the Thai people want a new regime, they will take care of it themselves. International support can be provided then. But for another country to tell them they need to get rid of their King seems like  imperialism. After all Saddam Hussein was 10 times worse than Rama X, and yet getting rid of him did not in any way improve the lives of the Iraqi people.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: August 27, 2020, 08:17:43 PM »

Thatís a very good question FC. Thereís a lot of reluctance for government to interfere with high ranking foreign nationals. If I remember correctly an American diplomatís wife was involved in a fatal hit and run in the UK last year.  She fled to the US, which then refused to extradite. Itís horrible and unfair but thatís how it is.  I hope it changes soon because whatever reasonable function such practices emanated from are being grossly abused.
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: August 28, 2020, 01:57:39 AM »

Thatís a very good question FC. Thereís a lot of reluctance for government to interfere with high ranking foreign nationals. If I remember correctly an American diplomatís wife was involved in a fatal hit and run in the UK last year.  She fled to the US, which then refused to extradite. Itís horrible and unfair but thatís how it is.  I hope it changes soon because whatever reasonable function such practices emanated from are being grossly abused.
The diplomat's wife was a high ranking CIA agent. (She actually outranked her husband). There is no way any country will hand over one of their spies to be tried by another country, even their closest ally, even for manslaughter. She just knows too much, and there's no point in exposing MI6 to temptation. Also, criminals might make her spill secrets in prison. If the US ever had to hand her over she would mysteriously suffer a fatal accident before she left US shores.

Thailand is a manufacturing center and insulting it's king could expose Germany to tariffs and unfavorable trade conditions, especially since the King has so much power. It really isn't worth it for them to make a fuss over any of this. The most they will do is leverage it to get a better deal with the Thai.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: August 28, 2020, 05:10:11 PM »

Diplomats do not pay taxes like any body else. I am pretty sure Rama has a diplomatic status.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: August 28, 2020, 08:16:35 PM »

Yup, correct.

The King of Thailand, lives in a villa on Lake Starnberg (one of the most expensive places in Bavaria), and does not pay taxes.

The Thai king is said to have designated his villa as the diplomatic seat, and diplomats have special rights: these are governed by the so-called " Vienna Convention ". It states in Article 34 that diplomats are exempt from the tax. Diplomats are under special protection. They enjoy immunity and are not subject to German criminal justice, for example they are not allowed to be arrested. His wealth is inviolable and he is exempt from all taxes.

If the king were an ordinary foreigner, he would have to pay tax. Because he has a place of residence in Germany, and the following applies here. Everyone, regardless of nationality, who stays in Germany for at least 180 days (even with interruptions) is subject to inheritance and income tax without restriction.

But Bavarian's in general, and Starnbergers specifically are not happy about him staying there. He causes lots of issues. And the Starnbergers are very rich, private folks. They don't like all the fuss he creates daily there.

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: August 28, 2020, 08:18:47 PM »

Yup, correct.

The King of Thailand, lives in a villa on Lake Starnberg (one of the most expensive places in Bavaria), and does not pay taxes.

The Thai king is said to have designated his villa as the diplomatic seat, and diplomats have special rights: these are governed by the so-called " Vienna Convention ". It states in Article 34 that diplomats are exempt from the tax. Diplomats are under special protection. They enjoy immunity and are not subject to German criminal justice, for example they are not allowed to be arrested. His wealth is inviolable and he is exempt from all taxes.

If the king were an ordinary foreigner, he would have to pay tax. Because he has a place of residence in Germany, and the following applies here. Everyone, regardless of nationality, who stays in Germany for at least 180 days (even with interruptions) is subject to inheritance and income tax without restriction.

But Bavarian's in general, and Starnbergers specifically are not happy about him staying there. He causes lots of issues. And the Starnbergers are very rich, private folks. They don't like all the fuss he creates daily there.

I donít blame them. I hate people who create unnecessary fuss too.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: August 31, 2020, 07:16:18 PM »

Koi was released from prison and Rama put on his best crop top to meet her at Munich airport

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: August 31, 2020, 08:05:19 PM »

Koi was released from prison and Rama put on his best crop top to meet her at Munich airport

Ah yes, the royal blue one. Quite a sign of respect as he only dons it for important prison releases.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: August 31, 2020, 08:09:54 PM »

It is freaking cold in Munich and it is almost permanently raining. I hope he froze his balls off.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: August 31, 2020, 08:33:08 PM »

Bwahahaha, 2nd screen cleaning of this dark, drizmal day. Love this place. Laughing
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: August 31, 2020, 08:44:10 PM »

It is freaking cold in Munich and it is almost permanently raining. I hope he froze his balls off.
Why does he wear them when it's not hot? Does he actually think they look good? Or does he enjoy looking as trashy as possible, and thus humiliating all the people who have to bow and scrape to him, since it's so much worse doing it to someone like that, rather than a well groomed, respectable looking, dignified man.
After all, based on what his classmates said about how he was in school, and reports of how he insists all punishments (beatings) be taped so he can watch them later he's clearly a born sadist.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: