Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thai Royal: News and Activities  (Read 176492 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: June 09, 2021, 02:40:35 PM »

Well, that’s certainly a big leap forward from slut shaming. Rama is always so supportive of progress.

Star FC!  Good find.
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: June 09, 2021, 03:53:31 PM »

Laughing  Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: June 14, 2021, 01:51:35 PM »

Apparently Instagram turned off its Thai-English translation function after this error...

(From Zenjourno on Twitter)

😹😹😹 - except that on casual reading I wasn’t as surprised as I should have been at the concept of the Thai king having someone summarily shot… 😭
Star Star Star
 Blink Laughing Oh dear. The best automatic translation ever. 

I read three times, and I still have no idea what this text was truly meant to mean, and I don't care.  Thinking Laugh bounce

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: June 14, 2021, 01:53:48 PM »

Which Royal Slut .....  Thinking  Whistle Tongue
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: June 14, 2021, 06:13:26 PM »

An interesting article about Thailand's king and their stuttering vaccine rollout from the Financial Times:

Thailand’s military-backed government faces growing questions from the public and big business. Delays and what some have called a botched national vaccine plan threaten to reopen raw political wounds and have turned the kingdom from a global standout in fighting Covid-19 infections to a laggard.

Ahead of Monday’s launch, Thailand had fully vaccinated just 2 per cent of its population, a smaller share than its poorer neighbours Cambodia and Laos — delaying the reopening of its tourism-reliant economy. Normally tame Thai media have described the rollout as “shambolic”. New coronavirus cases are averaging more than 20,000 a week and almost 70 per cent of the country’s total 1,300 deaths from the virus have come in the past month. Although that is far fewer deaths than many other parts of the world, the rise in cases has sparked anger in a country that brought infections down to zero last year. 

At the heart of Thailand’s vaccination drive is an issue so sensitive that most Thais avoid discussing it openly. The vaccine is being made locally by Siam Bioscience, a biopharmaceutical company that few had heard of before it sealed a deal with the Thai government and AstraZeneca to produce up to 200m doses a year of the global drugmaker’s Covid-19 vaccine as its sole south-east Asian production hub.

The company is owned by King Maha Vajiralongkorn, the billionaire Thai monarch and head of state, who presides over the nation with an elevated status guaranteed by tradition and law. 

As a result most Thais have had to measure their words. Saying anything that might be perceived as an insult to the royal family risks criminal prosecution under the country’s censorship laws, including lèse majesté, which carries a maximum 15-year prison sentence.

Police in January charged Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, the country’s most prominent opposition figure, under the law after he voiced doubts about the choice of Siam Bioscience to make vaccines. Some Thais are also beginning to question how AstraZeneca came to partner with the company. 

“There are a lot of questions to be asked about Siam Bioscience, but now the ball is moving into AstraZeneca’s court,” says Thitinan Pongsudhirak, a political-science professor at Chulalongkorn University. “They would have had to be aware of the politics in Thailand, and the implications of entering a contract with a palace-owned company.”

He adds: “I think they made a blunder.” 

https://www.ft.com/conten...c7-408d-9486-222fe2d65634

Cool your jets, everyone
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: June 14, 2021, 06:28:32 PM »

An interesting article about Thailand's king and their stuttering vaccine rollout from the Financial Times:

Thailand’s military-backed government faces growing questions from the public and big business. Delays and what some have called a botched national vaccine plan threaten to reopen raw political wounds and have turned the kingdom from a global standout in fighting Covid-19 infections to a laggard.

Ahead of Monday’s launch, Thailand had fully vaccinated just 2 per cent of its population, a smaller share than its poorer neighbours Cambodia and Laos — delaying the reopening of its tourism-reliant economy. Normally tame Thai media have described the rollout as “shambolic”. New coronavirus cases are averaging more than 20,000 a week and almost 70 per cent of the country’s total 1,300 deaths from the virus have come in the past month. Although that is far fewer deaths than many other parts of the world, the rise in cases has sparked anger in a country that brought infections down to zero last year. 

At the heart of Thailand’s vaccination drive is an issue so sensitive that most Thais avoid discussing it openly. The vaccine is being made locally by Siam Bioscience, a biopharmaceutical company that few had heard of before it sealed a deal with the Thai government and AstraZeneca to produce up to 200m doses a year of the global drugmaker’s Covid-19 vaccine as its sole south-east Asian production hub.

The company is owned by King Maha Vajiralongkorn, the billionaire Thai monarch and head of state, who presides over the nation with an elevated status guaranteed by tradition and law. 

As a result most Thais have had to measure their words. Saying anything that might be perceived as an insult to the royal family risks criminal prosecution under the country’s censorship laws, including lèse majesté, which carries a maximum 15-year prison sentence.

Police in January charged Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, the country’s most prominent opposition figure, under the law after he voiced doubts about the choice of Siam Bioscience to make vaccines. Some Thais are also beginning to question how AstraZeneca came to partner with the company. 

“There are a lot of questions to be asked about Siam Bioscience, but now the ball is moving into AstraZeneca’s court,” says Thitinan Pongsudhirak, a political-science professor at Chulalongkorn University. “They would have had to be aware of the politics in Thailand, and the implications of entering a contract with a palace-owned company.”

He adds: “I think they made a blunder.” 

https://www.ft.com/conten...c7-408d-9486-222fe2d65634

Blunder?  No a blunder is asking a lady when her baby is due when she isn’t pregnant. This is abetting an authoritarian regime.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: June 14, 2021, 11:03:03 PM »

Apparently Instagram turned off its Thai-English translation function after this error...

(From Zenjourno on Twitter)

😹😹😹 - except that on casual reading I wasn’t as surprised as I should have been at the concept of the Thai king having someone summarily shot… 😭
And a slut to boot.... haven't laughed this hard in days...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: June 28, 2021, 06:28:19 PM »

Princess Sirindhorn wearing quite the hat...

Cool your jets, everyone
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: June 28, 2021, 11:52:19 PM »

I enjoy a wide brimmed hat in general, but that is insane. Oh. Look who is wearing it.....
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: June 29, 2021, 12:03:43 AM »

I enjoy a wide brimmed hat in general, but that is insane. Oh. Look who is wearing it.....
I have often read she is the most capable  member of the family. Their mother was such a beauty.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: August 25, 2021, 07:08:37 PM »

Rama colouring book, anyone?

Cool your jets, everyone
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: August 26, 2021, 02:12:02 AM »

In a country where lese-majeste is still very much a thing, this just seems like it is asking for trouble!
Malenkaya

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: August 26, 2021, 02:16:06 AM »

In a country where lese-majeste is still very much a thing, this just seems like it is asking for trouble!

I shouldn't snark on looks but those colouring books make him look far more attractive and handsome than he actually is.

So maybe it's a compliment?
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: August 26, 2021, 07:28:34 AM »

Rama colouring book, anyone?

Is there a crop top and undies page? 😹
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: August 26, 2021, 06:44:24 PM »

Yes, but the sell it in the “Special Section “.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: