Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 51   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thai Royal: News and Activities  (Read 197917 times)
SQ

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2014, 03:01:04 PM »

He has three more boys with his previous wife, but (if I'm not mistaken) their mother and the prince married without his parents' consent

I doubt that they will be restored to their place in succession. We'll just have to see what happens.

But didn't they alter the succession laws to allow female succession? So his sister (the one who always represents Thailand in royal events) is eligible to the throne. The council decides anyway so if they want to they can skip his son for his sister.
Georgiana

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2014, 03:04:41 PM »

He has three more boys with his previous wife, but (if I'm not mistaken) their mother and the prince married without his parents' consent

I doubt that they will be restored to their place in succession. We'll just have to see what happens.

But didn't they alter the succession laws to allow female succession? So his sister (the one who always represents Thailand in royal events) is eligible to the throne. The council decides anyway so if they want to they can skip his son for his sister.

I believe they did but that doesn't change anything for his other sons.
SQ

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2014, 03:11:08 PM »

I believe they did but that doesn't change anything for his other sons.

Yeah you're right. Didn't he also stripped them of their titles?  Thinking
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2014, 02:18:57 AM »

Thailand crown prince's wife resigns from royal role

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30458296

The wife of Thailand's Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn, Srirasmi, has resigned her royal position, the palace has announced.

A statement said King Bhumibol Adulyadej had accepted Princess Srirasmi's written request.

Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn had asked the government to strip his wife's family of their royally bestowed name.

Seven of her relatives had been arrested in a purge of officials allegedly involved in corruption.

The palace statement, which appeared in the Royal Gazette, read: "Princess Srirasmi, wife of Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn... has written to respectfully resign from her status in the royal family and permission has been granted by His Majesty the King."

Srirasmi is the crown prince's third wife, and the pair married in 2001. They have a son.

He was already known to be estranged from the princess, although they continued to attend official functions together.

The princess's uncle, a police general, was arrested over accusations of amassing vast wealth through smuggling and gambling rackets.

Four of her siblings and two other relatives have also been held.

Srirasmi would have been expected to become queen when the crown prince succeeded his father.

The pivotal position of the monarchy in Thailand's political order makes the succession an extremely sensitive issue.

Many aspects still cannot be reported from inside the country.

The strict lese majeste law criminalises any critical comment about the monarchy.

The world's longest-reigning monarch, King Bhumibol, a widely revered and unifying figure, has been on the throne in Thailand since 1946.

Georgiana

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2014, 08:34:16 PM »

Apparently they have been officially divorced since 10 december and her son has been sent to Munich where his father lives with his mistress.

I found these pictures, at the bottom are supposedly the pictures of the goodbye between her and her son.

http://nickobongiorno.wor.../2014/12/13/srirasmi-son/

Also, this picture of the Crown Prince's son with his mistress.

https://twitter.com/zenjo...status/543602374745415680
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2014, 08:42:12 PM »

Those photos of their goodbye are so sad Cry

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2014, 12:07:26 AM »

How sad! Poor kid and mother, so wrong Cry Nono

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2015, 09:43:32 PM »

"Thai King goes shopping for milk at the supermarket"
http://royalista.com/7302...-milk-at-the-supermarket/ <-- photo
Around two weeks ago the Bureau of the Royal Household announced that His Majesty, King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand, was regaining his strength and his appetite.

The health improvement meant that the monarch was able to visit a nearby convenience store on Monday — the King’s first public appearance since the cancellation of a scheduled public audience on the occasion of his 87th birthday on December 5th due to health concerns.

King Bhumibol Adulyadej appeared happy and smiling as he was pushed in his wheelchair around the Golden Place convenience store on the ground floor of Siriraj Piyamaharajkarun Hospital, nearby Siriraj Hospital in Bangkok.

At the store the King bought milk produced by the royal Suan Chitralada Dairy Farm as well as ice cream and fruit, writes Bangkok Post.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2016, 11:51:26 AM »

An expensive toilet built for Thai Princess in Cambodja, but never used..........

http://www.nu.nl/opmerkel...es-blijft-ongebruikt.html

Very expensive toilet for princess remains unused

For a short visit by a Thai princess to a lake in Cambodia, a toilet worth $ 40,000 has been built. However, the emergency turned out not to be as high: The princess has never set a foot into the toilet(building). 

Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn spent only 2 hours at the lake Yeak Laom in northern Cambodia. Yet, no effort was spared to make her stay as pleasant as possible.

Two weeks long a luxury toilet was built specifically for the princess. Converted the cost would be 36,300 euros, know news agency AFP. Which was paid by the Thai.

During the visit Monday to the toilet turned out not to be necessary. The princess took a picture of the building and left it further.

fuss

The event, according to the BBC, widely reported in the press as sixty percent of the population precisely in rural Cambodia has no access to sanitation.

The luxury bathroom has been dismantled and is now used as a tourist office for the lake.
diamond

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2016, 12:11:35 PM »

An expensive toilet built for Thai Princess in Cambodja, but never used..........

http://www.nu.nl/opmerkel...es-blijft-ongebruikt.html

Very expensive toilet for princess remains unused

For a short visit by a Thai princess to a lake in Cambodia, a toilet worth $ 40,000 has been built. However, the emergency turned out not to be as high: The princess has never set a foot into the toilet(building). 

Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn spent only 2 hours at the lake Yeak Laom in northern Cambodia. Yet, no effort was spared to make her stay as pleasant as possible.

Two weeks long a luxury toilet was built specifically for the princess. Converted the cost would be 36,300 euros, know news agency AFP. Which was paid by the Thai.

During the visit Monday to the toilet turned out not to be necessary. The princess took a picture of the building and left it further.

fuss

The event, according to the BBC, widely reported in the press as sixty percent of the population precisely in rural Cambodia has no access to sanitation.

The luxury bathroom has been dismantled and is now used as a tourist office for the lake.

What a hideous waste of money.
vivee

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2016, 01:10:21 AM »

Dead

Thailand's thoughtcrime arrests are getting dangerously bizarre

In the eyes of Thailand?s military rulers, it seems no subversive thought is too petty to punish.

Thailand is now entering its third year under military dictatorship, a reign established when generals seized power from an elected government on May 22, 2014.

The army has vowed to use its sweeping powers to heal a nation torn by class resentment. But its favored tactics for keeping the peace ? locking up critics and silencing dissent ? have turned Thailand into a nation where even meek expressions of defiance can end in detention.

In the past nine months, Thais have been charged for clicking ?like? on subversive Facebook memes. For handing flowers to an anti-junta activist. For allegedly insulting the king?s pet dog.

Others have been detained simply for reading George Orwell?s ?1984? in public, or for raising three fingers, an anti-tyranny salute from the ?Hunger Games? films.

Officers have even snatched up a man for eating a sandwich.

It was no ordinary sandwich, mind you. It was publicly declared a ?sandwich for democracy,? scarfed down by an anti-junta activist at a mall ? all while reading 1984. He was quickly surrounded by plainclothes officers.

?I am not a very brave person so, yes, I got kind of nervous and my hands were shaking,? said the dissident sandwich eater, a 33-year-old nicknamed Champ. (He requested that his full name be omitted.)

?As Che Guevara said, if you tremble at the sign of injustice, you are a friend of mine.?

This stunt, staged shortly after the coup, was a cheeky attempt to evade laws forbidding traditional political rallies. But its deeper intent was to reveal how far military officers would go to attack critics. They did not disappoint.

After taking a few nibbles, Champ was grabbed by six agents and hauled off by the seat of his pants.

?They dragged me away. They slapped my head,? Champ said in an interview this month. ?They just kept punching me until they were sure that I couldn?t escape.?

Once subdued, Champ was taken to an army facility and interrogated. ?They told me I?m a betrayer of my country,? he said. ?They kept saying there?s been a lot of fighting in Thailand ? and that we shouldn?t disrupt the peace.?

But the ordeal was worth it, Champ said. After all, it proved from the outset that the army ?would not tolerate any kind of protest, any challenge to their rule, any little thing, including sandwich eating.?

?In the end,? he said, ?they just made a fool of themselves.?

When the army seized power two years ago, it justified its takeover by promising a wave of grand reforms. Thailand, the generals said, would become a nation purged of corruption and of the recurring, sometimes bloody street protests that have convulsed the political order for nearly a decade.

Army chief Prayuth Chan-ocha, who appointed himself prime minister, even released a syrupy ballad vowing to ?return happiness to the people.? At the outset, his subordinates seemed similarly upbeat.

?Of course, we are very experienced in terms of intervention. Anyone want to argue with me?? said Major General Werachon Sukondhapatipak, a military spokesman, at a press conference shortly after the 2014 coup.

?This is the 13th, coup number 13,? he said. ?A lucky number!?

Indeed, Thailand has endured 13 successful coups since 1932, the last year in which the nation (then called Siam) was directly ruled by monarchs.

But for those who?ve run afoul of the junta, the latest coup has not brought much luck. Since the takeover, according to Human Rights Watch, at least 1,300 people have been summoned for questioning or what the army calls ?attitude adjustment.?

This can involve several days of interrogation and re-education at an army camp. Failure to attend is a crime. ?The United States has the Patriot Act to deal with the situation after 9/11,? Gen. Werachon said. ?This is the same.?

Even less fortunate are those accused of Thailand?s most serious speech-related crime: disrespecting the royal family. The army, closely aligned with the palace, considers ?upholding the monarchy? to be one of its prime directives.

But disrespect toward the king, who is now 88 and in ailing health, is hardly common. He is widely revered and his image is ubiquitous ? on banknotes, gilded street portraits and glowing portrayals on television. Thais are taught from childhood that their king sits at the pinnacle of their society.

Still, prosecutors increasingly interpret codes against anti-royal speech in a manner described as ?draconian? by rights groups.

The latest high-profile charge targets a 40-year-old widow, Patnaree Chankij, who works as a maid in Bangkok. Authorities said she received a private, anti-monarchist message on Facebook.

Her response to the message: ?ja,? which in Thai means ?yeah, sure? or ?I see.? For typing that single word, she faces up to 15 years in prison.

?I was shocked. I never thought she?d become a political tool,? said Patnaree?s son, university student Sirawith Seritiwat.

Sirawith just so happens to be one of the most dogged activists daring to oppose the junta. He believes his mother was charged in May to cow him and others into silence.

?They want to use her as a tool to scare all of us,? he said. ?But I can?t show fear. How can I expect society to be fearless if I?m afraid??

For most people in Thailand ? from rice farmers to urban executives ? the junta?s intensifying crackdown on dissident speech is not a visceral concern. Though corruption persists and the economy is struggling, few are eager to risk confronting a military with near-absolute power.

Or perhaps the population is overjoyed with authoritarian rule. That is the army?s contention, at least. A poll released six months ago by Thailand?s statistics office, which is beholden to the military government, dubiously suggests that 99% of Thais are happy under the junta.

But those who openly resent the dictatorship are paranoid, and for good reason. Officials are unpredictable: sometimes condemnation slides; sometimes a mere ?sandwich for democracy? is enough to set them off.

On May 22, the coup?s two-year anniversary, hundreds of anti-junta protesters in Bangkok staged their largest rally since the coup. To their surprise, police surrounded the crowd but did not act as they shouted, ?Dictatorship get out!?

That doesn?t necessarily mean the protesters got away with it, says Sunai Phasuk, a senior Human Rights Watch researcher. ?A tactic used quite often,? he says, ?is to record protesters? faces, their speech, and take action against them later.?

?They made it clear from day one that they would not tolerate even the slightest dissent,? Sunai said. ?Now these measures send a very clear signal that Thailand is falling deeper and deeper into military dictatorship.?

The junta insists it will not hold power forever. It has penned a constitution that would permit an elected government ? albeit one with heavy military oversight.

The public will vote on the junta?s favored constitution in August. But ahead of the referendum, debate is stifled. The penalty for those found guilty of ?influencing a voter?? Up to 10 years in prison.

http://www.usatoday.com/s...htcrime-arrests/85163714/
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2016, 05:10:03 PM »

Apparently King Bhumibol is in critical condition!

The King of Thailand is in critical condition. The 88-year-old Bhumibol Adulyadej is already a few days in the hospital with kidney problems and pneumonia and has been struggling more with health problems.

Sunday was brought out that the king was unstable, but otherwise no announcements were made. Wednesday it was announced that his situation is critical.

The Thai Crown Prince is present in the Siriraj Hospital. Outside the hospital have gathered around three hundred people to pray for the health of the king.

Premier Prayut Chan-o-cha had a planned visit  in Chonburi province canceled, so that he can remain in the capital Bangkok.

The king had on January 11 his last public appearance when he spent a few hours in his palace in Bangkok.

Bhumibol is the longest reigning monarch in the world. He followed his brother Rama VIII after it was found dead in his bedroom in 1946. He enjoys an almost sacred status in Thailand. Insulting the king can save up to fifteen years in prison.

Between 2009 and 2013 he was constantly in the hospital with various ailments. Since then he showed himself almost never to the people and he stayed mainly in the Klai Kangwon Palace, which loosely translated means "far from worries'.
Molly2101

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2016, 06:03:49 PM »

Today, a team of Siriraj Hospital physicians reported that on October 11, His Majesty's blood pressure decreases, pulse rate increases and more state of Acidosis. The result of blood test also confirms more infections with irregularities in the liver. Antiboitic has been used, Acidosis has been mitigated and there are more uses of medicine that controls blood pressure. The team also provides His Majesty a ventilator and Hemofiltration (CRRT; Continous renal replacement therapy). Overall health condition of His Majesty is still unstable, must be restrained by medicines. The team of physicians is attending and monitoring His Majesty's health condition closely.

Palace Statement

Sad times ahead in Thailand.  I read somewhere that for his sister's death the country had 100 days of mourning.  100 days!

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2016, 07:01:11 PM »

Indeed  Sad There is a succession crisis looming I'm afraid. Who knows what will happen... Sad

Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2016, 11:59:38 AM »

Many rumours today about the King...And an announcement is coming at 6.00 PM local time ( in one hour from now).

Andrew MacG Marshall Compte certifi?
‏@zenjournalist

BREAKING?Official announcement of King Bhumibol's death will be at 6 pm local time on Thai television

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 51   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: