Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leonor & Sofia  (Read 206434 times)
lula

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: November 22, 2018, 04:50:50 PM »

It is not exactly the Constitution. Spain did not develop a specific law of the Crown, and some aspects have been regulated by laws. This is a law where the Civil Registry of the Royal Family is regulated,

"In the Civil Registry of the Royal Family will be registered births, marriages and deaths, as well as any other act or act registered in accordance with the legislation on Civil Registry, affecting the King of Spain, his august consort, his first degree ascenders , his descendants and the Crown Prince of the Crown."
SvenskaSarah

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: November 22, 2018, 05:21:25 PM »

^^^ (Any poster with a better understanding of the Spanish royal family please correct me if needed.) As I understand it, Spain's constitution limits the participation of its royal family members to the adult children of the monarch and consort. When Juan Carlos was the monarch the active royals were: himself, Sofia, their daughters Elena and Cristina  along with their spouses, Felipe and Letizia. JC's sisters were excluded except from family events.

When JC abdicated, he and Sofia were still permitted to play a role but their daughter Elena had to stop participating. Cristina had already been sidelined due to the NOOS scandal. So for the present the active royals are: Felipe, Letizia, JC and Sofia.

So I believe that Infanta Sofia might play a role for a short while until her sister ascends to the throne and then Sofia will stop participating in royal duties. My guess is that Infanta Sofia will be raised to have a career outside of the royal bubble. (Personally I believe that Felipe and Letizia will prepare Leonor to also have  a "fall back" career if the monarchy comes to an end in Spain.)

(Again if I am mistaken, please correct this information.)

Thank you for that information, it's really interesting to read! And I like the way that the monarchy is streamlined so there aren't any "hangers on" or abundance of working royals as in other monarchies.
Olivia

Mini Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: November 22, 2018, 05:47:57 PM »

Spain has a very clear separation of Royal Family and "family of the king". Even though she's not formally "Royal Family" anymore, Elena still represents the crown in some events, I believe this will happen until Leonor and Sofia are old enough to undertake their own schedules. And I believe that Sofia will perform engagements up until Leonor's eventual children are old enough to support their mother. And yes, I firmly believe both girls are being well prepared for life outside the bubble if anything goes wrong.

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: November 22, 2018, 10:55:12 PM »

It is not exactly the Constitution. Spain did not develop a specific law of the Crown, and some aspects have been regulated by laws. This is a law where the Civil Registry of the Royal Family is regulated,

"In the Civil Registry of the Royal Family will be registered births, marriages and deaths, as well as any other act or act registered in accordance with the legislation on Civil Registry, affecting the King of Spain, his august consort, his first degree ascenders , his descendants and the Crown Prince of the Crown."
Gracias lula! Star
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: