Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: French Royals and Nobles - News and Activities  (Read 87736 times)
melusina

Mini Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: October 23, 2019, 03:27:47 PM »

There seem to be no hard feelings left , here's JC with the Duke of Wellington and his son at the celebration of 200 years Waterloo
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: October 23, 2019, 04:17:50 PM »

Not the duke of Wellington...  can't remember who he is, but the earl of Mornington was there to represent his father.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: October 23, 2019, 04:45:59 PM »

There seem to be no hard feelings left , here's JC with the Duke of Wellington and his son at the celebration of 200 years Waterloo

Not the duke of Wellington...  can't remember who he is, but the earl of Mornington was there to represent his father.

In the picture as posted above ^ the old man next to Jean Christophe is indeed not the current (9th) Duke of Wellington: Arthur Charles Valerian Wellesley (see picture below with his wife princess Antonia of Prussia). The man talking to Jean Christophe has a resemblance to the current Duke of Wellington. I guess it is his oldest child and only son: Arthur Gerald Wellesley, Marquess of Douro (see picture below, with his wife Jemma Kidd) To my understanding the oldest son of this Arthur, confusingly also called Arthur (Darcy) is entitled the Earl of Mornington (b. 04-01-2010).

Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: October 23, 2019, 05:01:04 PM »

I was referring to the elderly gentleman with the beard...  He was there representing another country --Poland?  Can't remember.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: October 23, 2019, 05:21:10 PM »

I was referring to the elderly gentleman with the beard...  He was there representing another country --Poland?  Can't remember.

I thought so, that is also the one I mend with "the old man next to Jean Christophe" Wink

I found this picture online, see below. This line up includes the elderly gentleman with the beard.

To my understanding from the subscript of the the picture the line up is (from left to right):
Grandduke Henri of Luxembourg
Arthur Gerald Wellesley, Marquess of Douro
King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands
King Philippe of Belgium
Prince Nikolaus Fürst Blucher von Wahlstatt
Jean-Christophe, Prince Napoléon
Prince Edward Windsor, Duke of Kent

So the elderly gentleman with the beard would be Prince Nikolaus Fürst Blucher von Wahlstatt. He is a descendant of  Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher (Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/...eberecht_von_Bl%C3%BCcher).

Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher was a Prussian Generalfeldmarschall (field marshal). He earned his greatest recognition after leading his army against Napoleon I at the Battle of the Nations at Leipzig in 1813 and the Battle of Waterloo in 1815.

melusina

Mini Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: October 23, 2019, 07:27:52 PM »

My apologies ladies, i stumbled over bad referencing.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: October 24, 2019, 02:41:02 AM »

My apologies ladies, i stumbled over bad referencing.

Don't worry.... Wink Smiley
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: October 24, 2019, 02:50:09 PM »

Francisco Franco, the Spanish general and politician who ruled over Spain as head of state and dictator under the title Caudillo from 1939, after the Nationalist victory in the Spanish Civil War, until his death in 1975

Today, after a long battle between family, government and others, general Franco's remains was removed from Valle de los Caídos, a colossal memorial built by the forced labour of political prisoners in order to honour the casualties of the Spanish Civil War.
By car and helicopter his remains will be transferred to the cemetery in Mingorubbio, where his wife Carmen is already burried.

The coffin with Franco's remains were carried out of monument of Santa Cruz del Valle de los Caídos by Franco's grandchildren. See the clip at the following link https://nos.nl/artikel/23...allei-der-gevallenen.html

If I am correct the man in front at the right side is Prince Louis Alphonse, Duke of Anjou, head of house of Bourbon, pretender to the defunct French throne. He is not a grandchild of Franco, but a great grandchild.

Franco had 1 child: María del Carmen Franco y Polo, 1st Duchess of Franco, Grandee of Spain, Marchioness of Villaverde (1926-2017). She and her husband Cristóbal Martínez-Bordiú, 10th Marquis of Villaverde (1922-1998) provided Franco with 7 grandchildren.

Their oldest child and daughter María del Carmen Martínez-Bordiú y Franco, 2nd Duchess of Franco (1951) was married to Prince Alfonso, Duke of Anjou (1936-1989) ( https://en.wikipedia.org/...e_of_Anjou_and_C%C3%A1diz).

María del Carmen Martínez-Bordiú y Franco and Prince Alfonso, Duke of Anjou had 2 sons together: Don Francisco de Asís de Borbón y Martínez-Bordiú (1972-1984) and Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón y Martínez-Bordiú (aka Louis Alphonse, Duke of Anjou) (1974). After Alfonso and Carmen were civilly divorced, Alfonso obtained custody of his two sons. On 7 February 1984 in Pamplona, Alfonso was driving home with his sons from a ski trip in the Pyrenees. His car collided with a truck. His eldest son Francisco de Asís was killed in the accident; his younger son Luis-Alfonso was in hospital for a month; Alfonso himself required six operations. Alfonso died in a skiing accident in Beaver Creek Resort, Eagle County, Colorado, on 30 January 1989.He collided with a cable which was being raised to support a banner at the finish line of a course at the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships.

Francisco Franco --> María del Carmen Franco y Polo --> María del Carmen Martínez-Bordiú y Franco --> Luis Alfonso de Borbón y Martínez-Bordiú / prince Louis Alphonse, Duke of Anjou
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: October 24, 2019, 02:58:24 PM »

Louis Alphonso's father Alfonso was born in the Saint Anna Clinic in Rome, the elder son of Infante Jaime, Duke of Segovia, King Alfonso's second of four sons. His mother was Donna Emanuela de Dampierre, daughter of the Franco-Italian Duke de San Lorenzo and Donna Vitoria Ruspoli dei principi di Poggio Suasa.

The king's eldest son, Alfonso, Prince of Asturias, had inherited hemophilia from his maternal great-grandmother Queen Victoria, yet had been considered Spain's heir apparent until the republic was established in 1931. In 1933 he renounced any claim to inherit the Spanish throne (in the event of a restoration) to marry a Cuban commoner, Edelmira Sampedro-Ocejo, and was dead of internal bleeding following a minor auto accident by September 1938. Next in the line of succession, Infante Don Jaime, deaf and largely mute, was persuaded to renounce his claim (and that of future descendants) at the same time as his elder brother, thereby assuming the Duke of Segovia title and clearing the way for King Alfonso's third son, Don Juan, Count of Barcelona to take up the monarchist cause on behalf of the banished dynasty. There being no need for Segovia to contract a dynastic alliance, Emanuela de Dampierre's noble rather than royal background was looked upon approvingly by the former king and former queen when the couple wed in Rome in 1935, and neither style nor title is attributed to Alfonso de Borbón-Segovia y Dampierre in the 1944 edition of the Almanach de Gotha.

Through this route, Alfonso was the 1st cousin of king Juan Carlos of Spain. Also during Franco time he was aiming for the Spanish throne.

jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: October 24, 2019, 03:33:46 PM »

She has a very "old" beauty. Like medieval or Elizabethan. Her looks are such a contrast to her husband who is standard investment banker handsome. I think they will have striking looking kids.

I like her dress sort of. I agree the concept was interesting but it wore her instead of her wearing it. It is more creative and interesting than the same old Valentino lace.

Stephanie of Luxembourg actually looked groomed here! Shocking!

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: October 25, 2019, 04:45:28 AM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: October 25, 2019, 07:15:06 AM »

Nice picture of the couple
LongMaySheReign

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: October 25, 2019, 04:27:17 PM »

Looking over the guest list, I realised there was no Bernadotte representation.  Murat, other Bonaparte descendants, even Waleski.  

Nicolas Walewski attented.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: October 25, 2019, 10:10:46 PM »

Jean Christophe's interview with Point de Vue: https://www.parismatch.co...oeil-a-l-Histoire-1654958

Royal Di

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: October 26, 2019, 07:47:18 PM »

Jean Christophe's interview with Point de Vue: https://www.parismatch.co...oeil-a-l-Histoire-1654958

Jean-Christophe and Olympia first met at Prince Felix of Luxembourg's 18th birthday celebration where "by the greatest of coincidences, we were seated next to each other."  He claims that it was love at first sight.

That meeting occurred in 2002, when Jean-Christophe was 16 years old and Olympia was 14.  What a long courtship they had, finally marrying 17 years later!

Jean-Christophe is quite a romantic when it comes to his Olympia!  From the interview:

Did you understand at first sight that she would be the one with whom you would fulfill your life?
Yes! Olympia is very passionate, with a great joie de vivre and a lot of energy. She is very beautiful, intelligent and creative. She is also generous, listening to others, her friends, her family. And I love the double culture in which she received her education, both traditional and disciplined, but also very modern, international, open to the world. And I forget many more of her qualities!

How did your family greet her?
With a lot of joy! It's hard to resist the charm of Olympia!

And she is related to Empress Marie-Louise, second wife of Napoleon I. Could you dream any better to induce the French to dream?
Let me tell you, it's a love story before being a wink to history. When I met Olympia, I immersed myself in her eyes and not in her family tree!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: