Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awkwardness of July 1st, 2007  (Read 4161 times)
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2007, 07:51:42 PM »

July 1st, 2007 seems to be a big day for the Royals.  Many Royals are to attend the Diana Concert, and many Royals will attend the Danish baby Christening.  This would seem to be a conflict.  Why would the Crown Prince Couple pick that day?
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 10:10:03 PM »

Which royals are down for attending the concert?  I guess the question of who will attend what will be determined by the choice of godparents for the baby.  I am guessing that many might just skip both events and do their own thing.
Avise

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 10:40:49 PM »

Can't imagine Will and Harry caring if some other royals turn up for the concert.
Elspeth

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 02:49:31 AM »

I wouldn't have thought the Diana concert would be much of a royal event; I doubt it'd cause any scheduling conflicts unless William or Harry was named as a godparent of the new baby.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 03:25:37 AM »

Do they even know Mary? But if asked, how could they refuse, wouldn't that be considered rude? Thinking
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 03:31:11 AM »

I don't think that many royals will attend the diana concert. It is not a state occasion. Like her funeral the focus will probably be on friends and charities. The only person I can think of who might be invited to both is ex king constantine of greece- isn't he williams godfather?
It is really William's and Harry's party and I don't think they have much contact with the Danish royals.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 04:30:28 AM »

Yes, King Tino is the only conflict there would be. I also think that the little princess' christening is going to be quite low key, there will probably won't be as many royals there as there was with Christian.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 10:03:38 PM »

How sad for the little Princess to have a very small christening compared to her brother.  But, she is the "spare", and I guess you have to get use to being the spare.  I sure wouldn't like it, and my sister certainly would not.  Perhaps they will consider giving her equal love and attention in other ways.
Hilo

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 04:21:06 AM »

Did any of the British Royals attend Christian's Christening? I know Sophie and Edward were the only ones at Mary and Fred's wedding, which surprised me. Are relations between the Danish and English royal families not so cordial these days? I was looking at pictures of Pavlos' and Alexia's weddings and I noticed Queen Elizabeth (and the Queen Mother) were there. Is that because of Prince Philip's association with the Greek Royal family? I also thought it was odd when Mary and Fred visited England for some events a while back (remember the black and purple geometric dress and the Katherine Ross hairdo?) and didn't seem to be received by the British royal family-- or am I mistaken?
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 05:28:42 AM »

I think on that occasion - the purple geometric dress - they met very minor royals; the Duchess of Gloucester? who is Danish I think?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 11:09:39 AM »

I think on that occasion - the purple geometric dress - they met very minor royals; the Duchess of Gloucester? who is Danish I think?
Oh, Bummer, there she thought she could escape the terrible danish sounds for a couple of days, escape into fashionable London, soak up some british english and da** has to meet a danish descendant who probably doesn't like anything more than speak her horrible guttural mother-tongue....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 12:42:37 PM »

Did any of the British Royals attend Christian's Christening? I know Sophie and Edward were the only ones at Mary and Fred's wedding, which surprised me. Are relations between the Danish and English royal families not so cordial these days? I was looking at pictures of Pavlos' and Alexia's weddings and I noticed Queen Elizabeth (and the Queen Mother) were there. Is that because of Prince Philip's association with the Greek Royal family? I also thought it was odd when Mary and Fred visited England for some events a while back (remember the black and purple geometric dress and the Katherine Ross hairdo?) and didn't seem to be received by the British royal family-- or am I mistaken?
The Queen never attends foreign events like weddings or funerals. Usually one of the princes go, although I thought it quite odd that Charles attended Felipe and Letizia's wedding and yet it was Edward who was chosen to attend Fred and Mary's. Quite an obvious difference in rank.....

As for the London trip I don't think it had anything to do with the British Royals so obviously was not attended by them.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 01:47:18 PM »

From what I read, the british royals have a rotation system. They are put in different categories and depending on the occasion there should be representatives of the different groups. For. ex: For a state visit, you of course need the Queen and than depending on the rotation, one of her children plus several minor royals: the Kents, the Gloucesters etc...
For the wedding of a crown prince you would expect the presence of the PoW, however they could have gone with the rotation and EoW won (or lost) or they thought, that agewise is was more appropriate.
Whereas the PoW (if I remember correctly) was/is friends with K JC (however I remember some rumours of a specific friendship between Diana and the Womanizer...)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 03:21:45 PM »

I've heard the J-C/Diana rumours before as well, who knows, she certainly didn't have great taste! Although having said that I can see J-C's appeal.....

As for the rotation system I've heard of it before, however it just strikes me as quite an obvious difference between F&M's and F&L's wedding. I wonder who represented the BRF at the JRF's wedding.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 06:14:24 PM »

The Duke of York attended Hamzah and Noor's wedding so it seems it was simply a case of "rotating", as fairy suggested.

As all 3 princes getting married were CP's I wonder how they decided who would attend what.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: