Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Royal News.  (Read 431797 times)
Dangereuse

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2010 on: April 09, 2017, 08:11:53 PM »

Does anyone know the medal situation? Why Will as only 2 and Harry more?

The extra medal Harry has is for the Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order.  It is a personal reward by the Queen for his work representing the Queen at home and abroad (NZ tour, the Caribbean tour, the Invictus Games). Others who have it are Camilla, Sophie, the Duke and Duchess of Kent, and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.  I first thought Anne would have one, but she is a Knight of the Order of the Garter, so that is the bigger reward.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2011 on: April 10, 2017, 02:30:57 AM »

Does anyone know the medal situation? Why Will as only 2 and Harry more?

Harry has an Afghan medal for serving twice, he also has the Victorian order around his neck.
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2012 on: April 10, 2017, 02:35:36 AM »

Thanks everyone! Appreciate it

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2013 on: April 10, 2017, 10:58:21 AM »

Battle of Vimy Ridge Commemorations | 9 April 2017
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2014 on: April 10, 2017, 01:46:18 PM »

Charles looks very dashing.  Smiley
Margaret

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2015 on: April 10, 2017, 04:04:17 PM »

Charles looks very dashing.  Smiley

He does, doesn't he!  Harry will be following him in the dashing stakes, but poor old William won't.  He has inherited the worst of the Windsors and Spencers, with the Windsor baldness, the Mountbatten nose, and the Spencer head-shape and jowls.  And his own surly manner and unattractive personality.  Poor bastard!
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2016 on: April 10, 2017, 04:18:30 PM »

Charles looks very dashing.  Smiley

He does, doesn't he!  Harry will be following him in the dashing stakes, but poor old William won't.  He has inherited the worst of the Windsors and Spencers, with the Windsor baldness, the Mountbatten nose, and the Spencer head-shape and jowls.  And his own surly manner and unattractive personality.  Poor bastard!

Yup.  Then again, as we often say about a couple of princesses around here, you often end up with the face you deserve...
Ghost

Micro Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #2017 on: April 10, 2017, 05:34:43 PM »

Thanks Ghost!   Star

Oh, thank you, you are so very kind! A star for you, too, I always appreciate your posts!

And one for MidnightDiamond for the details and one for Dangereuse for the explanations!
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2018 on: April 27, 2017, 04:08:24 PM »

The Order of Garter is cancelled this year due to State Opening of Parliament June 19th.
In regards to State Opening of Parliament, The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall will not be in attendance and it will be a "dress down", last one was in 1974, due to no time to rehearse. So no pomp this year.
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2019 on: April 27, 2017, 11:29:15 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news...tics-parliaments-39731596

Sources say it is temporary and not a way for the Queen to reduce the pomp for her own benefit. Apparently with Trooping the Colour on the Saturday and The State Opening on the Mon there is no time to rehearse. Its sad the Garter service has been cancelled but I suspect the Queen could have chosen either the Garter service or one of her day at the races to cancel  Wink Smiley

Video of the Queen leaving and arriving for the last "dressed down" State Opening in 1974
https://twitter.com/BBCPe...nt-wearing-hat-instead%2F
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Pearl for June

Ignore
« Reply #2020 on: June 11, 2017, 04:59:23 PM »

https://www.theguardian.c...-on-hold?CMP=share_btn_tw

The State visit from USA scheduled for the second half of 2017 has been postponed.

Donald Trump has told Theresa May in a phone call he does not want to go ahead with a state visit to Britain until the British public supports him coming.

The US president said he did not want to come if there were large-scale protests and his remarks in effect put the visit on hold for some time.

The call was made in recent weeks, according to a Downing Street adviser who was in the room.

RoyalMusings

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2021 on: June 11, 2017, 05:53:21 PM »

Predictable. He likes adoration. No way would he or his team subject him to widespread protests and disdainful newspaper headlines.
KimmySue

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #2022 on: June 11, 2017, 07:34:38 PM »

Predictable. He likes adoration. No way would he or his team subject him to widespread protests and disdainful newspaper headlines.

I disagree. I think he is being smart. He has more important issues to handle at home. And security right now would be a nightmare.
lothwen

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2023 on: June 11, 2017, 07:42:21 PM »

I disagree. I think he is being smart. He has more important issues to handle at home. And security right now would be a nightmare.

Part of his job as President is to keep ties with out allies. Also,  as President,  he's going to have people who don't like him or his policies.  And it doesn't seem like he's worried about security as much as he is about people not liking him. He's incredibly immature and narcissistic. 

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2024 on: June 11, 2017, 07:58:01 PM »

Part of his job as President is to keep ties with out allies. Also,  as President,  he's going to have people who don't like him or his policies.  And it doesn't seem like he's worried about security as much as he is about people not liking him. He's incredibly immature and narcissistic.  
This is VERY O/T. Do get back on topic - we do not want to moderate a discussion on politics here.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: