Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New pics of Maxima with Amalia and Alexia at the beach  (Read 7379 times)
Lena
Banned
Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 12:10:48 PM »

that the press and other media (“the media”) fulfil an essential role in a democratic society, which is expressed inter alia in the right to freedom of expression, which, like the right to respect for family life, is laid down in the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms

*Lol* I wonder, how one is following the convention on protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms, if one
a) is forcing a task upon on a little child. So that is has to be the heir of a country and canīt make an own choice about life
b) is self arranging all these photoshootings and is bringing children to public happenings, where they are treated like animals in the zoo.

Again the famous cake, you canīt have and eat  Roll Eyes

And Caroline and her trials. These two words are lighting a rocket in my brain  Ranting If I want privacy for my children, I donīt hang around at "IT places" for vacation. And the way her 3 elder children are behaving these days. grrrr "No, we are private ppl, but pls. photograph me in this ooooglly Chanel rag"  Real mad I can only guess, that the judges making these decisions had no idea about Miss Hannoverīs double standards and just saw "awwwwww-poor little children"  Or they were afraid, that Ernstie would kill someone of the journalists in the long run  Secret

So I can just say, that I hope this agreement will be hurt more often by the dutch press. For me it is freedom of speech to get a picture, that is different to the fake posed ones.  Roll Eyes Otherwise things have such a disgusting smack of dicatorship and brain washing methods. After all the children are "used" as public persons already.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 12:21:41 PM by Lena » Logged
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 01:50:11 PM »

Well Lena,
I think the dutch royal family secured themselves a way to keep the cake and eat it after all.
That media code is fantastic. However I don't know how legally binding it is. I know however, that several RF have already sucessfully sued german publishing houses in Germany. Considering the fact that the most farfetched stories appear in Germany, they might have a reason, however, as far as I recall it was always about the story and hardly ever about the pix, since they had been bought from abroad.
Whatever, I am a bit shocked, I always thought that the ridiculously vast amount of allowance and payment was also meant as compensation for a "glashouse" lifestyle. Now that I learnt that they can pull pretty airtight blinds down, I wonder what on earth makes their life such, that it has to be compensated with luxury and privileges.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 02:21:09 PM »

I wonder what on earth makes their life such, that it has to be compensated with luxury and privileges.

absolutely nothing!
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 03:09:38 PM »

I agree with you about the first part or your post...

About the limit, somebody wrote at this forum:

"(...)if she wanted privacy she should've gone to a private beach or somewhere where they most likely would have not been seen, but that since it was public they shouldn't have asked for paparra. to stop taking pictures, etc."

But it was about Mary... and as we know, for her righ to privacy there is no limit... 

The difference is that there is already an agreement between the Princes of Orange and the press not to take pictures of kids in private (whether you think it's right or wrong is another story), and this time the press violated the agreement. For Mary, I doubt she'd  like to have this type of press code. Mary (along with X) wanted to have the pictures taken in some occasions, not in other occasions, very diana-like syndrome.
This is no different to the agreement the BRF had regarding William and Harry. I see no problem with the Dutch implementing something similar.

At the end of the day they are children, not animals at the circus.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
mamaptak

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Mon Dieu! Attempted tiara theft by Bogan!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 07:33:05 PM »

Just my opinion, but here it is.........Maxima and W-A are adults, they are aware of why they are being photographed.  They understand that there is an expectation placed on them - that the public wants to see them and see into their lives a little bit.   Blush
To a certain extent they chose this lifestyle (Maxima at least - W-A as an adult, has had time to adjust and except this lifestyle though he didn't choose it).  These little girls have neither chosen nor had time to adjust to this "celebrity" status that has been thrust upon them simply because of who their parents are.  I say respect their (the girls) privacy and let them grow up a little before invading their private family time.  I have no problem with them being photographed in controlled situations where their parents can explain it to them, prepare them and keep an eye on how things are handled, but I would imagine that strange men with huge camera equipment lurking around trying to snap photos when all they want is to have fun at the beach with mommy could be somewhat scary for these poor children.   Nerves
Why should they have to change their plans (private beaches, or secluded spots) and not experience these things like every other little child, because some grown-ups have no self control or moral decency.  For Pete's sake give the children some sense of normalcy!

Marissa 

Marissa - hands full with Zoe (Dec 7/03) and Markus (Feb 22/06)!
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 07:58:12 PM »

Just my opinion, but here it is.........Maxima and W-A are adults, they are aware of why they are being photographed.  They understand that there is an expectation placed on them - that the public wants to see them and see into their lives a little bit.   Blush
To a certain extent they chose this lifestyle (Maxima at least - W-A as an adult, has had time to adjust and except this lifestyle though he didn't choose it).  These little girls have neither chosen nor had time to adjust to this "celebrity" status that has been thrust upon them simply because of who their parents are.  I say respect their (the girls) privacy and let them grow up a little before invading their private family time.  I have no problem with them being photographed in controlled situations where their parents can explain it to them, prepare them and keep an eye on how things are handled, but I would imagine that strange men with huge camera equipment lurking around trying to snap photos when all they want is to have fun at the beach with mommy could be somewhat scary for these poor children.   Nerves
Why should they have to change their plans (private beaches, or secluded spots) and not experience these things like every other little child, because some grown-ups have no self control or moral decency.  For Pete's sake give the children some sense of normalcy!

Marissa 

I agree with most of your post except for the bold.They are not and will never be like any other child.
They should live with that.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 08:20:08 PM by Jazzy » Logged

kiara

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 08:44:37 PM »

Royals and other celebrities want to keep the cake and eat it.
They would like to keep the big celebritiy status, the huge hoopla whereever they turn up (because let's be frank, it is quite exhilaration to have a crowd cheer your name in ecstacy), in fact they do need the media attention for their lifestyle, if noone paid any attention, how would they sell their goods? May it be films, songs or their royal charities and representation of their country.
We the public pay quite a lump sum for this entertainment
But I understand that this constant attetnion can be quite demanding. However, this is where their lifstyle does help them quite a bit.
While we the ordinary public crowd in at local beaches, public swimming pools and lakes, try to catch the last remaining BBQ at a park, or a sunshade at the beach, they have the possiblitiy to avoid those crowds and use secluded and private places. (anybody seen an airview of the Oranges home? acres and acres of deep woods, and I am sure that there are beachside Villas of friends they could have used)
They can even afford to fly out to fantastic laces just over an ordinary weekend.

I always get a bit angry, when I hear the old silly argument, that they would like their children to have a normal upbringing.
I keep asking myself, what it is they consider normal? The huge mansions they live in? The privileges they have?
My grannie used to say that everybody gets to pay someday, well the lack of privacy is certainly the price they celbrities pay, but we can argue about the height.

Very well said. ITA with everything... Thumb up
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2007, 08:58:26 PM »

We all know and understand that the adults are public figures.  But little children could be seriously frightened....just picture they are playing in the sand, as children do, and up pops 6 or 8 huge adults (who they do not know) yelling at them to smile, wave, or whatever and pointing big things (cameras, microphones, etc), probably all shouting in different languages.  We have to have some rules and decency, that is why we have police and courts, to inforce what some (a small percentage) would take advantage of.  And no I am not an attorney, but small children also have rights and must be respected.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: