Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Harald - is he the only good hub?  (Read 9614 times)
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2022, 09:20:49 AM »

From that generation - most likely. Let's see:

CG cheated on Silvia and he never seems friendly or approachable.
Henri "the Dame" was I think a good husband, his problem were most his ego and the fact that most likely he was not a good or caring dad.
Claus was very sick.
Prince Philip: There are rumours, but I think he was EII only and true love and I think they did have a very special bond.
Charles: Cheated and failed wife and sons - but was victim of the system at the same time.
Albert II: fathered Delphine to live and tell the tale.
Henri of Lux: Picked the wrong wife and refuses to see that. That family does not show any unity at all (scattered all over the place). His wife is in love with photo-ops, not with him.
Juan Carlos: Arranged marriage. Known to be a cheat.

So yes, Harald is one of the few really good husbands. But: He spoilt his kids too much, would not say that ML has turned out that fine. But it is a different topic.

Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2022, 10:20:25 AM »

If ever there was a doting husband keen to serve queen and country and helping to improve society as a whole, it would have to be P. Claus. Having Parkinson's and (subsequent) severe depression is not a character flaw.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2022, 11:09:38 AM »

I completely agree that most likely JC won't get anywhere the best hubby award.
But to be fair, as Pomme said, Claus was IMO a wonderful husband and from what I heard personally from Prince Johan Friso, a great and loving Dad.
Charles IMo is a wonderful husband to Camilla. His inability to be a good partner to Diana was not entirely his fault. There are two to tango and I think neither was a team player and neither was "in love" with the other from day one.
Henri Lux: well to be frank, I don't know what better husband MT could have wanted. He has stood by her with puppy eyes against every possibly wind, from his mother to his countrymen and employees. That is loyalty to a fault...
La Dame: being a crap father has nothing whatsoever to do with being a great husband, esp. when you yourself don't put too much stock on parenting. I think he was perfect for Marge and tbf, I think they deeply loved and enjoyed eachother. Were they faithful? I mean is it cheating, when both agree on freedom and fun?
Philipp: a marriage of 70 years has ups and downs. With such an enormous longitude, I think you need to look at the big picture and Philipp has QEII's back for the entire time, he never failed to be with her, i think he was a good husband, possibly not every single minute of those 70 years, but really, I have moments in which I don't even like myself...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2022, 06:17:39 PM »

If ever there was a doting husband keen to serve queen and country and helping to improve society as a whole, it would have to be P. Claus. Having Parkinson's and (subsequent) severe depression is not a character flaw.

Totally agree!!
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2022, 06:31:28 PM »

From that generation - most likely. Let's see:

CG cheated on Silvia and he never seems friendly or approachable.
Henri "the Dame" was I think a good husband, his problem were most his ego and the fact that most likely he was not a good or caring dad.
Claus was very sick.
Prince Philip: There are rumours, but I think he was EII only and true love and I think they did have a very special bond.
Charles: Cheated and failed wife and sons - but was victim of the system at the same time.
Albert II: fathered Delphine to live and tell the tale.
Henri of Lux: Picked the wrong wife and refuses to see that. That family does not show any unity at all (scattered all over the place). His wife is in love with photo-ops, not with him.
Juan Carlos: Arranged marriage. Known to be a cheat.

So yes, Harald is one of the few really good husbands. But: He spoilt his kids too much, would not say that ML has turned out that fine. But it is a different topic.

I think the most important thing about PP was that he was the one person who could advise QEII and she would listen to him - even this glorious occasion (on wearing a less than flattering hat backwards to an event):

'The Queen couldnít believe that this would work. I told her that, if she did not believe me, she should consult the Duke of Edinburgh, as he always tells her the truth.At this point, I left the room feeling somewhat terrified, as you can imagine,' Angela went on, adding, 'Before long, Her Majesty called me back.

'She had consulted His Royal Highness and, after an amusing conversation, in which I imagine The Duke didnít hold back, the Queen had decided to wear the hat the wrong way around, as I had suggested.' Who knew Prince Philip was a handy man to have around in a fashion crisis?
PollyAnna

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2022, 08:38:40 PM »

I would offer King Baudouin up as a good husband for all I have read he was devoted to his wife. Please excuse me if he has been previously been added.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2022, 08:52:19 PM »

I think we would have to add George VI to the list. He was positively uxorious and also incredibly devoted to both of his daughters. I can't imagine even a whiff of scandal with respect to infidelity.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: