Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Poll
Question: Which Royal Family Would You Most Want to be a Member Of?
Belgian
British
Danish
Dutch
Jordanian
Norwegian
Spanish
Swedish

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you could...  (Read 2642 times)
LemonDanish
Banned
Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: June 14, 2007, 02:58:24 AM »

If you're comfortable, share your answers and explain why.

My vote goes to the Belgian and Norwegian. Both families seem fun-loving but know how to hold themselves in public. They are also very down to Earth-not pretentious like some families.

Michelle

Gigantic Member

I smell bogan approaching

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 03:45:36 AM »

Spanish for my roots and swedish because of my fiance.

ginnysue

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 04:34:52 AM »

British they have class the others look like poor relllos
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 08:41:53 AM »

British; would get to meet with Lizzie's designers ( I like the way she dresses) and free flights Oz-England whenever I feel like it, and in first class, too.
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 02:55:52 PM »

British and Swedish because of my ancestry.  Smiley
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 03:05:23 PM »

Tough!
Well dutch probably for the vast fortune and the jewels the crown princess is allowed to play with. (the queen of my other choices seem to keep the key to the vault under their pillow at night...)
Denmark, simply because it is a) a great country and b) they seem to love their royals no matter what, so pretty easy job....
Britain, because of Lilibet and because of the huge library and archives I would have access to. (Imagine rummaging thru those wardrobes full of everything that ever belonged to any royal, they are said to keep EVERYTHING. Or reading all the diaries without any filters...Heaven)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 09:14:51 PM »

My reply was Netherlands.  The Dutch are very down to earth, and I just adore all the wonderful jewels.  The Dutch people seem to not only respect their Royals but to also love them..nice combination.  Also the Dutch Royals are very wealthy in many different fields, and actually do get involved in the policy and political area of both their own Country, and quietly other Countries.  Their intelligence seems higher (maybe better educated).
The Danes for their happiness and non-critical way of looking at things.  They have a very positive and friendly attitude.  I also like the Queen's formality and traditional outlook, but I don't see Denmark influenceing world affairs, or any of the other Countries trying to change Denmark.
However the weather in both Countries is rather cold and harsh, would take some getting use to.  They also adore the Royal Family..thats a plus. 
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 09:39:44 PM »

Well I really want to say Spanish because of the close family and how informal they are with their people. They also have the most interesting activites at least in Europe plus It is one of my favorite countries. The problem is that I don't like how they deal with Letizia, so no for now. It's also a no for the Scandinavian because winter makes me feel blue, so It would be too hard. Holland seems a good choice for all the reasons others had allready listed but the weather could also be a problem, so not sure.
So we have the British- one exceptionally disfunctionall family- no thank

I guess I'm going with the Dutch royals, hope I can help in the wardrobe department Icecream

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 09:41:37 PM »

Hanzo1, I also put the British way down the list...way to strange a family and loads of men in gray running around loose.
Lena
Banned
Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 09:57:25 PM »

The dutch one. Bea seems to embrace everything, that is colorful dressed (shouldnīt be too hard), they are wealthy, dutch ppl are funny and friendly (most) and with this media code, one has even an easier time with the press than in Denmark.
Besides the dutch culture isnīt soooo very different to the one of my country. Dunno, if I could live forever in a culture, that is completely different. Argentinia/NL and Australia/Denmark would be already too different for my taste and too much of a change...
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 11:54:18 PM »

If I had to choose just one then it would be the Dutch royal family. They seem like a close knit family.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: