Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rania on Oprah  (Read 2172 times)
royal observer

« on: April 23, 2010, 10:20:46 PM »

Just saw Rania on Oprah and as always, she comes across as intelligent, articulate and very poised. Clearly a much better public speaker than most of the CPs - except maybe Leti who was a professional newscaster, after all. However, Rania's readiness with her answers makes her sound almost rehearsed - like there's not a lot of spontaneity in her responses. Part of that may be because she probably gets asked the same questions over and over again, so she already has a reply in her head. Questions like, "So what's it like to be Queen?" and "How do you deal with the pressures of raising your children while fulfilling your royal duties?" etc. Boy, if I ever interview her, I would love to ask her some really tough questions - something she would actually have to think about instead of coming back with a quick, pat response.  Grin

I do like her sandwich story though, but I would love to see her let loose a bit and laugh or do something spontaneous which would be charming. To me, she comes across as more professional than charming. Also, does anyone else notice that her forehead never, ever moves? There are absolutely no lines there whether she's talking, smiling or gesturing. That's a great way to embrace growing older - embrace it with Botox! Wink
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 10:40:28 PM by royal observer » Logged
dilly-dally

Mini Member

Antarctica Antarctica

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 10:34:52 PM »

Oooh I just saw! But I missed the beginning of the interview  Sad (only caught the end of the sandwich story-- peanut butter and hummus etc   )

I do like her.

I think I know what you mean about sounding rehearsed, but I imagine she also has to be very careful in how she answers questions... even though it's an American show, it's watched all over, and she has to be  somewhat aware of her entire audience. She's a Queen from the Middle East(!)... not just a Crown Princess in a constitutional monarchy  Tongue (not sure if that makes sense ?... )

Ooh, did you notice in the photo of her and the little girl, how warm and genuinely interested she looked? ( as opposed to one CP Snore )

Blush One more edit: I didn't notice anything particularly unusual about her forehead and although I wouldn't be surprised if she's had botox injections, for some reason I don't begrudge her for it. I can't really explain why  Confused  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:01:19 PM by dilly-dally » Logged
dirgiz

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 12:25:29 AM »

she probably gets asked the same questions over and over again, so she already has a reply in her head. Questions like, "So what's it like to be Queen?" and "How do you deal with the pressures of raising your children while fulfilling your royal duties?" etc. Boy, if I ever interview her, I would love to ask her some really tough questions - something she would actually have to think about instead of coming back with a quick, pat response.

Yes, she gets always asked these same questions, really boring (but not her fault).
royal observer

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 12:18:24 AM »

Might go see Rania tomorrow at a book reading in NY - curious as to what she looks like in real person.  Thinking  Anyone want to come with me?
Noor

Baby Member

Portugal Portugal

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 09:19:55 AM »

Might go see Rania tomorrow at a book reading in NY - curious as to what she looks like in real person.  Thinking  Anyone want to come with me?

If you are living in NY her engagements today are:
Columbus Circle Store in New York City- 3.30pm
Queen Rania will sign "The Sandwich Swap" at the UN Bookstore in New York at 12:30pm

She is different in person.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: