Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is queen rania a princess mary?  (Read 68910 times)
esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: December 29, 2013, 05:12:58 AM »

Royal tart, are you saying that Rania's son and the presumed heir is a half Palestinian , correct?  Would Prince Hamzh fare any better being half American?  Do the Jordanians resent Rania because of her national heritage?
Why do the Jordanians hate Jordanians of Palestinian descent?  Am completely ignorant of the ethnic politics in Jordan!
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: December 29, 2013, 09:18:44 AM »

Queen Rania is truly a parasite- of the US taxpayers. The Us taxpayers gift the King and Queen US$ 1 BILLION per year. That is the sole reason the Hashemite kingdom survives. Without the largesse of hardworking, barely making it US middle class, Rania would be shopping at KMart or Walmart. There is no other Royal family whose very existence comes from leeching off hard working people, many who can never take vacations, or botox their faces and plump their lips...

If you read Queen Noor's book Leap of Faith, you will find out that King Hussein came upon a lot his real estate as gifts from friends and his cancer treatments must have cost a small fortune. One of the reasons that Hussein even came on the radar in the US was after he married Noor and the reason that happened is 1. she was a pretty blonde and 2. her father had run the FAA and was a friend of President Kennedy. So this is how this royal family has always rolled, by being supported by overseas friends, just like the exiled Greek royal family.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: December 29, 2013, 09:30:06 AM »

Royal tart, are you saying that Rania's son and the presumed heir is a half Palestinian , correct?  Would Prince Hamzh fare any better being half American?  Do the Jordanians resent Rania because of her national heritage?
Why do the Jordanians hate Jordanians of Palestinian descent?  Am completely ignorant of the ethnic politics in Jordan!

The JRF powerbase is amongst the East Jordanian tribes. They hate the Palestinians because they view them as a threat and challenge to their power.

Palestinians make up more than half of the Jordanian population. The East Jordanians are therefore incredibly threatened by the fact that Abdullah married a women who is of Palestinian descent because they stupidly believe that she would strip them of their influence. Of course this hasn't happened but that hasn't stopped the misogynistic fools mounting a campaign against her.

Their dislike is long-standing and well-known and has nothing to do with the Arab Spring. That's just a convenient smokescreen. This is just plain old misogyny at its worst.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: December 29, 2013, 09:31:52 AM »

Queen Rania is truly a parasite- of the US taxpayers. The Us taxpayers gift the King and Queen US$ 1 BILLION per year. That is the sole reason the Hashemite kingdom survives. Without the largesse of hardworking, barely making it US middle class, Rania would be shopping at KMart or Walmart. There is no other Royal family whose very existence comes from leeching off hard working people, many who can never take vacations, or botox their faces and plump their lips...

If you read Queen Noor's book Leap of Faith, you will find out that King Hussein came upon a lot his real estate as gifts from friends and his cancer treatments must have cost a small fortune. One of the reasons that Hussein even came on the radar in the US was after he married Noor and the reason that happened is 1. she was a pretty blonde and 2. her father had run the FAA and was a friend of President Kennedy. So this is how this royal family has always rolled, by being supported by overseas friends, just like the exiled Greek royal family.

Star

Hussein and Noor's lavish lfestyle far exceeded anything Rania and Abdullah do. They were just fortunate enough to live in an era when they could hide their spending easily.

As for US aid. there is only one country in the world who receive aid unconditionally. Jordan isn't it.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Royal tart

Baby Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: December 29, 2013, 02:07:07 PM »

Esther,
There is long standing mistrust and hatred of Palestinian-Jordinians by the Jordinian Bedouins.
Even the King in his 2011 book lied about how many Palestinian-Jordinians there are in Jordan. He said that only 43 % of Jordinians are Palestinian. Far more reputable sources, including the World Bank, have reported that in 2012, 2/3rds of Jordinians are Palestinian.

The  Palestinian  MAJORITY in Jordan face horrible discrimination. They are allowed little political representation, have to pay more taxes, and have a much harder time accessing education and employment.

One has to wonder why Rania has stayed quiet? Why has she not stepped up to speak on behalf of the marginalized Palestinians? Because she is a woman who lacks a moral compass. And she prefers shopping and traveling to the US and Europe to attend galas and parties, rather than speaking up for her people.

Many leading political/ Middle Eastern experts - such as the Council on Foreign Relations, Al Jazeera, the Economist and the Guardian- have said that an Arab Spring is a possibility in Jordan.

"I have the heart of a man, and I am not afraid of anything"
Elizabeth R
Royal tart

Baby Member

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: December 29, 2013, 02:11:22 PM »

Finally, US aid to Israel is most definitely restricted, in the sense that Israel must spend certain portions of aid dollars on what the US Congress demands.
From The United States Congerssional Report 2013:

"For FY2014, the Administration is requesting  $15 million in Migration and Refugee Assistance. The Missile Defense Agency’s FY2014 request for Israeli Cooperative Programs is $95.782 million, including $52.607 million for Arrow III, $32.512 million for David’s Sling, and $10.663 million for Arrow II. The Department of Defense also is requesting $220 million in FY2014 Procurement, Defense-wide funds for Iron Dome."

In other words, Israel is obligated to spend US aid dollars on specific (mostly defense) projects.

Elizabeth R
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: December 29, 2013, 03:47:48 PM »

What does Israel have to do with anything?  Thinking

Royal tart

Baby Member

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: December 29, 2013, 03:58:58 PM »

Israel is one of King Abdullah's most important allies. Queen Rania's shopping budget would be greatly diminished if Abdullah stops cooperating with Israel. No one wants to see the lovely Rania dressed in non-bespoke made-in-China outfits Smiley Smiley Smiley

Elizabeth R
Royal tart

Baby Member

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: December 29, 2013, 04:02:05 PM »

Lit-star-
I thought you were referring to Israel when commenting about the one country who receives unrestricted aid from the US. What is that country?

Elizabeth R
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: December 29, 2013, 04:03:37 PM »

Israel is one of King Abdullah's most important allies. Queen Rania's shopping budget would be greatly diminished if Abdullah stops cooperating with Israel. No one wants to see the lovely Rania dressed in non-bespoke made-in-China outfits Smiley Smiley Smiley

Alot of her clothes are borrowed and discounted. Queen Rania said that some years ago in an interview and several designers including Armani, Valli and (IMRIC) Alberta Ferretti have corroborated that.

Most of her daywear is ready to wear. She rarely wears couture to daytime events like other royals e.g. Lalla Salma. Moreover her daywear is usually fairly consistent for daytime events.

Elie Saab is a good friend of hers and has spoken of her in interviews a few times. Again, most of her gowns from him are probably discounted.

TheQueenBee

Medium Member

Australia Australia

'Look! I finally got it!'

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: December 29, 2013, 04:12:45 PM »

Haven't read the thread, but the first thing I thought when I saw the title?

'Mary wishes she was as internationally well known as Raina'

Royal tart

Baby Member

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: December 29, 2013, 04:36:46 PM »

L-Star,
Could be...
But the Bedouin tribal leaders didnt get that memo Smiley

From an interview with a senior tribal leader, Fares al-Fayez.  "Sitting on kilim cushions in full traditional Bedouin dress, sipping Arabic coffee, this loyal monarchist explained their grievance to me. ‘She’s spending a lot of money on clothes, jewellery and shoes. Some people say she’s like Imelda Marcos. Then there was her birthday party. Poor people see that — they have eyes — and this hurts their feelings. I want the king to stop her. Some people spend hundreds of millions and others have nothing to eat but bread and tea. It’s painful and sad.’

I believe the leaders of these poor, struggling people....

Elizabeth R
Royal tart

Baby Member

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: December 29, 2013, 04:38:48 PM »

Also King Abdullah's newest jet certainly didn't come as a discount: American taxpayers paid $400 million for this autocrat's fancy new plane Angry

Elizabeth R
Royal tart

Baby Member

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: December 29, 2013, 04:53:54 PM »

Perhaps Rania should address one of the most despicable violations of women' rights in her adopted homeland: honour killing. She is remarkably quiet about this most severe violation of women's rights. Perhaps she is too busy arranging shipments of her discounted couture gowns via the US middle class paid for $400 million dollar jet...

From the highly regarded The Gaurdian: "Queen Rania talks eloquently about change and women's rights on Oprah, yet Jordan's human rights record under the stewardship of her husband has been poor. Most tragically, Jordan still has the highest incidence of honour killings in the Arab world and, according to Amnesty International's 2010 report on Jordan, "perpetrators of such killings continued to benefit from inappropriately lenient sentences".

This woman is a shameless hypocrite!

Elizabeth R
Royal tart

Baby Member

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: December 29, 2013, 05:02:20 PM »

It's fun to compare Mary and Rania... But Mary is not living in a country where everyday, a woman is brutally murdered- for the crime of being raped, or refusing to marry....

That is what is happening in Jordan. It's a pity that Rania won't give up her discounted couture and give all that money to develop a system of safe houses and services for women who have been accused of violating their families' honour. What is a pair of Laboutins or a Chanel purse compared to a woman's life?
 Cry

Elizabeth R
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: