Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is queen rania a princess mary?  (Read 66242 times)
Panda

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: December 29, 2013, 07:51:52 PM »

Queen Rania is truly a parasite- of the US taxpayers. The Us taxpayers gift the King and Queen US$ 1 BILLION per year. That is the sole reason the Hashemite kingdom survives. Without the largesse of hardworking, barely making it US middle class, Rania would be shopping at KMart or Walmart. There is no other Royal family whose very existence comes from leeching off hard working people, many who can never take vacations, or botox their faces and plump their lips...

If you read Queen Noor's book Leap of Faith, you will find out that King Hussein came upon a lot his real estate as gifts from friends and his cancer treatments must have cost a small fortune. One of the reasons that Hussein even came on the radar in the US was after he married Noor and the reason that happened is 1. she was a pretty blonde and 2. her father had run the FAA and was a friend of President Kennedy. So this is how this royal family has always rolled, by being supported by overseas friends, just like the exiled Greek royal family.

Star

Hussein and Noor's lavish lfestyle far exceeded anything Rania and Abdullah do. They were just fortunate enough to live in an era when they could hide their spending easily.

hmm, how do you know that? I agree with the media now a days, it is far easier to find out about certain things.
Panda

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: December 29, 2013, 07:54:02 PM »

Queen Rania is truly a parasite- of the US taxpayers. The Us taxpayers gift the King and Queen US$ 1 BILLION per year. That is the sole reason the Hashemite kingdom survives. Without the largesse of hardworking, barely making it US middle class, Rania would be shopping at KMart or Walmart. There is no other Royal family whose very existence comes from leeching off hard working people, many who can never take vacations, or botox their faces and plump their lips...

If you read Queen Noor's book Leap of Faith, you will find out that King Hussein came upon a lot his real estate as gifts from friends and his cancer treatments must have cost a small fortune. One of the reasons that Hussein even came on the radar in the US was after he married Noor and the reason that happened is 1. she was a pretty blonde and 2. her father had run the FAA and was a friend of President Kennedy. So this is how this royal family has always rolled, by being supported by overseas friends, just like the exiled Greek royal family.

Wow. So, who bankrolls Noor's lifestyle now that she's no longer queen?
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: December 29, 2013, 08:53:07 PM »

Perhaps Rania should address one of the most despicable violations of women' rights in her adopted homeland: honour killing. She is remarkably quiet about this most severe violation of women's rights. Perhaps she is too busy arranging shipments of her discounted couture gowns via the US middle class paid for $400 million dollar jet...

From the highly regarded The Gaurdian: "Queen Rania talks eloquently about change and women's rights on Oprah, yet Jordan's human rights record under the stewardship of her husband has been poor. Most tragically, Jordan still has the highest incidence of honour killings in the Arab world and, according to Amnesty International's 2010 report on Jordan, "perpetrators of such killings continued to benefit from inappropriately lenient sentences".

This woman is a shameless hypocrite!

Queen Rania has spoken out on the subject. However your posts seems quite contradictory.

On the one hand you are endorsing misogynistic tribesmen and supporting their view that she is interfering too much. On the other hand you are criticising her for not doing enough.

Perhaps you should decide what you want her to do?

http://www.globalpost.com...323/honor-killings-jordan
http://www.telegraph.co.u...over-honour-killings.html
http://al-shorfa.com/en_G...ain/2010/01/30/feature-01

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Royal tart

Baby Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: December 30, 2013, 01:53:24 PM »

I believe in the motto "Actions, not words". More women are dying today in Jordan the before Rania became queen. Talk is talk, but I would like her to use some of the US taxpayer dollars on services to help potential victims, rather than on "discounted" couture.

It's one thing for European royalty to buy non - discounted overpriced couture rags- women don't pay a price with their blood.

When Rania spends others' money on her lavish lifestyle- well it does cost women their lives.

I think it is a gross generalization -and quite racist-  dismiss an entire group of people (Jordinian tribal leaders in this case ) as all being misogynistic!

"I have the heart of a man, and I am not afraid of anything"
Elizabeth R
Royal tart

Baby Member

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: December 30, 2013, 02:27:12 PM »

As an Arab women, I am quite sensitive to comments on this forum that play into racist generalizations about Arabs- that all the men are misogynists, that we are uneducated, don't care about women' s rights, are beholden to religious extremists, blindly follow Sharia law, etc.

I would ask all here to refrain from putting down Arabs here- It's fun and fine to dish on the royalty, but please don't dish on large groups of Arabs as a whole!

Elizabeth R
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: December 30, 2013, 09:51:05 PM »

As an Arab women, I am quite sensitive to comments on this forum that play into racist generalizations about Arabs- that all the men are misogynists, that we are uneducated, don't care about women' s rights, are beholden to religious extremists, blindly follow Sharia law, etc.

I would ask all here to refrain from putting down Arabs here- It's fun and fine to dish on the royalty, but please don't dish on large groups of Arabs as a whole!

Everyone have their take on what they read. People see things from different points of view depending on their own experiences etc. I for one accept that people have different experiences, knowledge than me and if I don't understand or if I disagree with something I can always ask why and hopefully the reply gives some insight.

IMO I personally haven't read anything here that would warrant being labeled "racist", though if you feel differently I would love to see some specifics to understand better Yes.

And no offence to you but we have the right to dish about what we want. If you feel that the dishing is innapropriate then there is a "report to moderator" button on every post that you can use. Maria is pretty good at solving these things. Thumb up Just my two cents of course Smiley
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: December 31, 2013, 04:31:34 AM »

Everyone have their take on what they read. People see things from different points of view depending on their own experiences etc. I for one accept that people have different experiences, knowledge than me and if I don't understand or if I disagree with something I can always ask why and hopefully the reply gives some insight.

IMO I personally haven't read anything here that would warrant being labeled "racist", though if you feel differently I would love to see some specifics to understand better Yes.

And no offence to you but we have the right to dish about what we want. If you feel that the dishing is innapropriate then there is a "report to moderator" button on every post that you can use. Maria is pretty good at solving these things. Thumb up Just my two cents of course Smiley
Perfectly, PURRfectly stated Ali cat.

Royal tart- Please use the "report to moderator" button and share with Maria your concerns if you believe it is necessary. There are many varied opinions on this board, but from what I can read no one has made a blanket statement about Arab people. I'm sorry that you believe that is happening. There are several Muslim posters here at RD along with Christians and other people of faith. For the most part we all try to be very sensitive not to label groups of people, but we will remark upon individuals' behavior.
Royal tart

Baby Member

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: December 31, 2013, 04:46:30 AM »

Thanks for all the support! I appreciate you understanding that Arabs posting here don't want to be generalized in a certain way (that yes, at times seems racist). I know that you are not Arab and therefore may not understand the racist overtones of vicious generalizations. I do as an Arab. and yes, it takes on a racist overtone. But for you non-Arabs- free of the discrimination and racist  cultural stereotypes that are inflicted on us daily, you are unable to fathom this. But I appreciate your efforts to understand. But please do not tell us  victims of racism what is racist. We are well able to decide that for ourselves, without Europeans/Americans deciding for us what is racist. By doing that you are demeaning us!

I know tribal leaders in both Jordan and the West Bank that are pro women's rights and pro LGBT rights!
Do not denigrate us as a monolithic "misogonystic" group. That is all I ask.

Elizabeth R
Royal tart

Baby Member

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: December 31, 2013, 04:59:01 AM »

Finally, perhaps you missed it, there was a gross generalization made about a large group of Arabs. How can that be an " individual dish"Huh?

Please do not be an apologist for that.

That was not a dish on an individual BUT AN ENTIRE GROUP of Arabs.

I love to dish on Rania and Abdullah Smiley
Rania is a disgusting parasite and hypocrite. Abdullah is a failing autocrat Smiley

Lets continue to dish on them- not an Arabs Smiley

Elizabeth R
Royal tart

Baby Member

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: December 31, 2013, 05:13:09 AM »

Let's dish on royalty Smiley

A thoughtful comment on the parasite and hypocrite Rania:

It would only be strange, though, if we disregarded the possibility that her humanitarian image is a propaganda cover for her family’s authoritarian rule. Indeed, in much the same way that the United States drops “humanitarian relief” on the lands of Iraq and Afghanistan while also dropping murderous bombs, al-Abdullah is a “humanitarian” monarch. It is true that she did not create the repressive Jordanian regime that last year charged a University professor with “disparaging the King” for refusing to hang his holy portrait, but she certainly benefits from it, and stands to lose a lot from an equitable re-distribution of political power in Jordan–as true social activists in Jordan demand.

Indeed, human rights activists inJordan see through Abdullah's PR efforts with his vain wife...

In Jordan- if you dare criticisize Abdie or Rania- you face jail!

Did the parasite Rania mention this on Oprah or GMA???

Elizabeth R
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: December 31, 2013, 05:30:01 AM »

Thanks for all the support! I appreciate you understanding that Arabs posting here don't want to be generalized in a certain way (that yes, at times seems racist). I know that you are not Arab and therefore may not understand the racist overtones of vicious generalizations. I do as an Arab. and yes, it takes on a racist overtone. But for you non-Arabs- free of the discrimination and racist  cultural stereotypes that are inflicted on us daily, you are unable to fathom this. But I appreciate your efforts to understand. But please do not tell us  victims of racism what is racist. We are well able to decide that for ourselves, without Europeans/Americans deciding for us what is racist. By doing that you are demeaning us!

I know tribal leaders in both Jordan and the West Bank that are pro women's rights and pro LGBT rights!
Do not denigrate us as a monolithic "misogonystic" group. That is all I ask.

I take an offence to this! Are you calling posters here racist, ignorant and narrow-minded? "non-Arabs", thanks a lot now I know what you really think...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:10:04 AM by AliCat » Logged
Royal tart

Baby Member

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: December 31, 2013, 05:44:07 AM »

I think that victims of racism have a very true understanding of the racist views inflicted on them. I have never called anyone racist here. Just that gross and horrible generalizations about Arabs are just that -racist generalizations.

I appreciate the concern and interest in folks here grasping with the reality that Arabs face in Europe and the US: we are subjected to daily racism that can lead to life-threatening attacks upon us.

We are sensitive to gross and racist generalizations about us- it can lead to us being attacked and hurt by those who believe racist propaganda...

Elizabeth R
Royal tart

Baby Member

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: December 31, 2013, 05:51:12 AM »

Alli cat-
Please do not attack me personally!

We are here to dish on royalty! I have never attacked anyone personally, and hope you abide by the forum rules: no personal attacks!

If someone makes a gross generalization about an ENTIRE group of people- they have veered greatly from the rules of this forum, and can be alled out for inappropriate behavior.

Let's have fun and dish-
Without racist statements or personal attacks on anyone Smiley

Elizabeth R
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: December 31, 2013, 06:08:25 AM »

Alli cat-
Please do not attack me personally!

We are here to dish on royalty! I have never attacked anyone personally, and hope you abide by the forum rules: no personal attacks!

If someone makes a gross generalization about an ENTIRE group of people- they have veered greatly from the rules of this forum, and can be alled out for inappropriate behavior.

Let's have fun and dish-
Without racist statements or personal attacks on anyone Smiley

I was not attacking anyone. I asked a valid question. The question is still unanswered.
Royal tart

Baby Member

Omnia fortuna committe

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: December 31, 2013, 06:14:30 AM »

This seemed to me a personal attack. I have reported it as such, and await the moderator's feedback.

Elizabeth R
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: