Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mabel!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 80571 times)
christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Play Time after a long day of Dishing.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014, 07:55:14 AM »

I'm giving her a pass. The woman has been through one of the worst things anyone can go through.
TheQueenBee

Medium Member

Australia Australia

'Look! I finally got it!'

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014, 08:11:57 AM »

I see no problem with her eventually choosing to remarry. She deserves happiness. I'm sure Friso would not begrudge her that.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 09:53:02 AM »

The Dutch gossip magazines suggest that the friendship of Mabel (45) and our (single) prime minister Mark Rutte (46) has intensified.

Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014, 01:11:27 PM »

I see no problem with her eventually choosing to remarry. She deserves happiness. I'm sure Friso would not begrudge her that.

IA.  I wish her all the best for the future.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 03:30:11 PM »

I wish her all the best too, she deserves happiness and a complete life

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2014, 03:31:06 PM »

Does this mean that she'll retain her title if she remarries?  

Good for the family for keeping her included and for supporting her Thumb up

The title of princess was given to her as a titre de courteoisie - courtesy title - upon her marriage to Prince Friso. The practice here being that women follow their husband's  in their titles (contrary to men not following their wive's titles). She's not officially or legally a princess, and their daughters are countesses. After all, Friso stepped out of the line of succession and the Royal House (of course not the Royal Family) when they didn't ask for parliamentary consent for their marriage.

She goes by 'Mabel van Oranje'- if she remarries she's either keep her maiden name (Smit, oh no, Wisse Smit, Wisse actually being her stepdad's middle name, but that's an altogether different story) which is what you'll get in your passport unless you make sure they change it to your married name, or she'll take her husband's name, but unless he's a prince too, she should lose the princess. It would be highly unusual if she kept the surname Van Oranje. She'd probably still be referred to as Princess Mabel in the press.

Oh and to anyone commenting on the dress that's at the start of this thread: check the date!  Smiley

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2014, 03:34:47 PM »

The Dutch gossip magazines suggest that the friendship of Mabel (45) and our (single) prime minister Mark Rutte (46) has intensified.

O
M
G

such sudden Major Dishing Potential...
 Drool

Who on earth has the guts to suggest she might be romatically linked to that other eligible bachelor that is officially not gay.
Whether Story or Privé, they have me in stitches now  Laugh bounce

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2014, 05:09:39 PM »

O
M
G

Drool

Who on earth has the guts to suggest she might be romatically linked to that other eligible bachelor that is officially not gay.
Whether Story or Privé, they have me in stitches now  Laugh bounce

Last week I had to wait for my train and decided to spend time in the book/magazine-shop at the station. Overthere I noticed a gossipmagazine, I believe the Story, which had put this specific gossip on their cover. In the corresponding article inside they also suggested Beatrix had visited Germany with a (mystery) male friend/companion.

Currently I have googled the gossip for fun and noticed many websites (national and international) also mention it. Including the site of the German newspaper Bunte.

http://www.bunte.de/niede...haft-oder-mehr-68122.html
winx

Humongous Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2014, 05:58:43 PM »

O
M
G

Drool

Whether Story or Privé, they have me in stitches now  Laugh bounce

And Friso was officially not gay too!  Blink

sal98

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2014, 10:03:40 PM »

First it is good that she is happy again  Thumb up.

I sadly have to agree with whoever wrote that she looks drunk. She does.  Thumb down
The outfit is horrible, very attention seeking and just disgraceful for a woman her age and position (or for any decent woman).  Thumb down

Sorry - what outfit are you guys referring to? All the pics above (that I can see) are waist and neck up.
Sas

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2014, 10:42:39 PM »

First it is good that she is happy again  Thumb up.

I sadly have to agree with whoever wrote that she looks drunk. She does.  Thumb down
The outfit is horrible, very attention seeking and just disgraceful for a woman her age and position (or for any decent woman).  Thumb down

Sorry - what outfit are you guys referring to? All the pics above (that I can see) are waist and neck up.

Probably the pictures from 2010, in the first post.
Sas

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2014, 10:57:27 PM »

Mabel & Mark  Thinking Perhaps it would work. I think Mabel sooner or later would like to find a new husband and stepfather for her daughters. Mark Rutte needs a lady in his life. I think King W-A and Princess B would approve. But a princess & a prime minister  Crap, that will cause political problems.

tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2014, 11:05:13 PM »

If Mabel remarried , can Willem give her a title as countess. I'm sure on remarraige she would still be considered as a SIL/ Aunty by the very loving Dutch royal house.
Sas

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2014, 11:31:03 PM »

I googled "Mabel + Rutte" after I did read here about the rumours. And I found this: http://www.noordhollandsd...tte-had-relatie-met-Mabel

In an article  (source: gossip magazine Weekend in January 2012, so before the accident with Friso) 2 eyewitnesses told that Mark Rutte had at least 1 relation during his student time... with Mabel Wisse Smit  Yikes (if true)
According the article, the broke up because Mabel wanted to travel a lot and Mark not.

Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2014, 07:37:09 AM »

If Mabel remarried , can Willem give her a title as countess. I'm sure on remarraige she would still be considered as a SIL/ Aunty by the very loving Dutch royal house.

Why would he?

According to the new (1994) Law on this subject, people can only be made noble by Royal Decree if they are members of the Royal House (ie in the line of succession and family of the Monarch until the second degree) or former members, but within 3 months after losing their membership of the Royal House. (basically to be read as: The Bee don't like new counts, The Bee won't make new counts)

Friso lost his place in the Royal House when he married (as did the others when they didn't ask for parliamentary consent) and he nor his wife were made anything other than prins van Oranje Nassau (see below), The Bee's sisters lost it when she abdicated, Maurits (and his kids) lost it when The Bee abdicated.
Margriet however is still a member (even if she;s related in the third degree to the current monarch) because she was part of it, and an adult, when the current Law on the Royal House came into effect (2002).

When you lose membership of the Royal House you lose the titles Prins(es) der Nederlanden and Prins(es) van Oranje Nassau, although you can keep the latter as a titre de courteoisie (without the perks) by personal decision of the monarch.

So even if he wanted to, he'd have to change the law - ain't gonna happen. He'd probably let her use the prinses thingy is she really wanted it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: