Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will another divorce really spell disaster for the Royal Family?  (Read 2214 times)
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2007, 02:12:15 PM »

http://www.express.co.uk/...11103/A+cause+for+concern
mamaptak

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Mon Dieu! Attempted tiara theft by Bogan!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 04:25:01 PM »

I think that there isn't much left that can shock the public about this family.  Other than the fact that no one seems to be able to marry the person they actually love!  Good grief, how many members of this family have sacrificed their happiness for the sake of the "firm".  King Edward, Margaret, Anne, Charles, and I'm sure there are many more.
I don't disagree that while she is still married she shouldn't carry on in public like this, however, if she isn't happy get a divorce (it wouldn't be the first time!)
The tragedy in this family is how many people end up hurt and cast aside in order to keep up a false front which only crashes down harder in the end.
Good luck Anne, I hope you can find your happiness before its too late.

Marissa - hands full with Zoe (Dec 7/03) and Markus (Feb 22/06)!
Avise

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 04:41:03 PM »

If they are both happy leading their own separate lives and yet can be together for official engagements why not stick to the marriage as they seem to be. At their age lives can be very individual based, and happy along with it, and no bad press for the family because they have to put up with a huge amount of that- far more than any other royals.
Chris

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 08:47:25 PM »

I think that there isn't much left that can shock the public about this family.  Other than the fact that no one seems to be able to marry the person they actually love!  Good grief, how many members of this family have sacrificed their happiness for the sake of the "firm".  King Edward, Margaret, Anne, Charles, and I'm sure there are many more.
I don't disagree that while she is still married she shouldn't carry on in public like this, however, if she isn't happy get a divorce (it wouldn't be the first time!)
The tragedy in this family is how many people end up hurt and cast aside in order to keep up a false front which only crashes down harder in the end.

As far as I can see, Anne has married two men she wanted (at the time) and obviously fell out of love with them or became interested in someone else after several years of marriage.  She and Tim Laurence supposedly were having an affair while she was still officially married to what's-his-name Phillips.  Now she might be having an affair with Andrew Parker Bowles while still married to Tim Laurence.  In my opinion, the tragedy in the family is that its younger members seem to think they can do whatever they want, without considering the impact on others.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 10:34:20 PM »

As far as I can see, Anne has married two men she wanted (at the time) and obviously fell out of love with them or became interested in someone else after several years of marriage.  She and Tim Laurence supposedly were having an affair while she was still officially married to what's-his-name Phillips.  Now she might be having an affair with Andrew Parker Bowles while still married to Tim Laurence.  In my opinion, the tragedy in the family is that its younger members seem to think they can do whatever they want, without considering the impact on others.

i thought so too. Chris just stated it mildly. i think these royals are just experienceing what others in the world have. since they have practically everything they wanted, they could not put up with the strain that marriage requires. they don't need their spouses for any other reason, than love or as clowns at their beck and call to make them happy.
Elspeth

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 06:32:28 AM »

I think it's the fact that Andrew Parker-Bowles is the man she's being seen with, and all the biographies of Camilla have let it be known that Andrew was having an affair with Anne back in the 1970s. Chances are, without that revelation, we wouldn't be any the wiser about her companion and what it might mean.

I think part of the problem with the Phillips marriage is that Mark was off having affairs; that doesn't seem to be the case with Tim Laurence. The other problem is whether her marriage to Tim Laurence was just a face-saving (or an "in your face!") reaction to the publicity surrounding the news about the love letters rather than being something she really wanted to do. If this was a case of marry in haste, repent at leisure, and given the unequal background of Anne and Tim, it may be that she's been regretting it and now she figures that as long as her brother has found happiness with an old flame there's no reason why she shouldn't do likewise.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 10:04:28 AM »

Considering that the Parker-Bowles have almost been fixtures in the royal circles adding that Anne and Andrew had an affair 30-40 years back, we can certainly assume, that they are very close and initimate friends, that (remember the huge Diana-Charles-Camilla scandal and subsequent divorce of the PBs) have been thru a lot together and know eachother very well.
Maybe what we saw at Ascots was just that two very good old friends who are very comfortable with eachother because they don't have to pretend anything.
Maybe we are seeing something romantic that indeed isn't even there.
However, that doesn't change the question: would a divorce rock the Kasbah?
NO, I think it would't, QEII has certainly seen the worst of her reign (if Harry or Wills won't suddenly decide to work as transvestites in a London club) and a divorce today is nothing that shocks us, esp. when there a drama can't be put up, such as the lonely suffering children (see Charles and Diana) or huge fights over the money...
A quiet and calm divorce of Anns wouldn't spell disaster.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 01:45:58 PM »

Maybe what we saw at Ascots was just that two very good old friends who are very comfortable with eachother because they don't have to pretend anything.

i agree with this statement completely, although this may also be true for Camilla and Charles, hence the Diana exit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: