Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WEDDING of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, June 19, 2010  (Read 540056 times)
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2325 on: June 23, 2020, 11:01:50 PM »

Interesting topic.  They seem fine to me.  I’m sure there has to be pressure keeping up appearances of a crown couple and the pressure that goes along with that.  But they seem to be pretty happy, all in all.  They’ve got a pretty darn good life.  Coming from a common background, he surely realizes this.  It’s probably just the  length of time they’ve been together and how that can lead to some boredom with each other, I suppose. 
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2326 on: June 24, 2020, 03:41:03 PM »

Actually I think that Covid and quarantine brought them again closer together and that they looked happier together than before.

They're obviously past the state of teenage love or honeymoon state, but I believe theirs is a stable marriage and that they will stay together, because they kove each other not because it is expected.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #2327 on: June 24, 2020, 04:01:43 PM »

We can’t forget that Daniel has legitimate health issues & I’m usually more concerned that he’s going through a hard patch with that whenever he and they seem off.

Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2328 on: June 24, 2020, 04:29:01 PM »

I loved and still love the dress.
Victoria (unlike Madeleine) is not girlish.
She carries herself like a CEO.
Doesn't seem to suffer fools or foolishness.
So, IMO, the dress suits her.
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2329 on: June 24, 2020, 04:55:49 PM »

I think that Dan realised what he was letting himself in for before they married and 100% committed himself to supporting Victoria in her role and bringing up the future monarch. He never let it be all about him.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2330 on: June 24, 2020, 07:57:55 PM »

I think that Dan realised what he was letting himself in for before they married and 100% committed himself to supporting Victoria in her role and bringing up the future monarch. He never let it be all about him.

If only some other married-ins could follow his example.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2331 on: June 24, 2020, 10:04:40 PM »

I think the Swedish royal familiy and press treat both son-in-laws very unfair if you compare it to the treatment of Sophia. Dan is not highly educated, but down to earth, honest, and scandal-free. He can approach people well and he has no problem playing the second violin at all. He has been steady without demanding any extra attention. For years he was sold as the "fitness guy" and the actions of the SRF gave the non-verbal impression "not good enough" - they let Victoria wait forever in the hope that he would leave. In the end they succeeded, but it was unfair. TBH I can not imagine that he is embraced now - I think of the Nobel Prize where they made him sit behind his wife instead of beside her to mark the difference in rank - and we are 21st century people.

We don't know much about Chris O'Neill. But he seems to be hard-working, dreads the lime-light and he seems to be very family orientated. On top of that he makes enough money to keep the family at a very exclusive life-style. As this thread is about Dan and Victoria, I won't elaborate here.

I sometimes wonder if Dan is not feeling lonely at times and reduced to "the guy our daughter married because she insisted on it".
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #2332 on: June 25, 2020, 12:50:19 AM »

I think the Swedish royal familiy and press treat both son-in-laws very unfair if you compare it to the treatment of Sophia. Dan is not highly educated, but down to earth, honest, and scandal-free. He can approach people well and he has no problem playing the second violin at all. He has been steady without demanding any extra attention. For years he was sold as the "fitness guy" and the actions of the SRF gave the non-verbal impression "not good enough" - they let Victoria wait forever in the hope that he would leave. In the end they succeeded, but it was unfair. TBH I can not imagine that he is embraced now - I think of the Nobel Prize where they made him sit behind his wife instead of beside her to mark the difference in rank - and we are 21st century people.

We don't know much about Chris O'Neill. But he seems to be hard-working, dreads the lime-light and he seems to be very family orientated. On top of that he makes enough money to keep the family at a very exclusive life-style. As this thread is about Dan and Victoria, I won't elaborate here.

I sometimes wonder if Dan is not feeling lonely at times and reduced to "the guy our daughter married because she insisted on it".

Star

And also, Dan wouldn't be human if he didn't notice the free ride CP & Sleazy got from the family and Swedish media, compared to the long haul he & Victoria were put through. 

Sure, Victoria is Crown Princess - so you'd expect some opinions/concerns to be expressed about her choice of husband, but not 8 years worth of nonsensical hesitations about the worthiness of a reputable & successful businessman. Especially when compared to the sh*t show that is Sofia's past, just being airbrushed aside! 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2333 on: June 25, 2020, 08:01:46 AM »

Interestingly enough at that time Jonas and Madeleine were always promoted as the "ideal couple" and despite his infidelity got engaged. That shows IMO that the Swedish RF can't appreciate the values Daniel brings into this family - despite being looked down at.
Picar

Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2334 on: June 25, 2020, 09:21:23 AM »

Star Star Star Star

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2335 on: June 25, 2020, 09:30:20 AM »

Star Star Star Star

Star

That was one of the many things that bothered me about Sofia.......
cecile

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2336 on: June 25, 2020, 09:57:26 AM »

Star Star Star Star

Star

That was one of the many things that bothered me about Sofia.......

Star Star   Star

So true. I think they are often unfair to him and then their some people out there who always complain about how the press and everyone threaten them.
And even now when they reported about they wedding anniversary was Daniel just the personal trainer. I feel a bit sorry for him because he owned this studios and was successful (perhaps a bit because of Vic but in the end those studios wouldn’t exists now if they weren’t good enough) and this is probably why their wedding is still so beautiful because it’s their triumph over people who thought he was not good enough but like he said „The greatest of all is love“ and just because they look sometimes of I wouldn’t interpret to much into it (relationships have their ups and downs) and Daniel was never the most smiling person  Wink but he’s a gentleman and definitely loves Vic and the kids
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #2337 on: June 25, 2020, 12:14:21 PM »

Hello dear Dishers,
Although I registered on the day CP engaged Sofia - because I thought this was the moment to say something about that terrible event - I kept only reading and this is the first time I post a message.
I also love the pictures of the 10th anniversary but... I truly hope I am wrong...
Since couple of months, maybe a year, I have somehow the impression there is something is going behind the curtains. Their body languages, the distance between to two and Daniel's facial expressions in many pictures. I know you are not in the same love after 10 years of marriage as at the beginning but look at his face in all of the current pictures. He doesn't seem to be happy to me.
As I mentioned, I truly hope I am completely wrong because I love this couple very much and wish them the best. I would be interested what is your view on.

Daniel's health problems will have impacted on his expression I think ...
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #2338 on: June 25, 2020, 12:15:17 PM »

Willem and Max, and Vikkan and Daniel, are the two "love matches between equals" that delight me among the royals.
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2339 on: June 25, 2020, 12:45:29 PM »

As far as I can recall, Dan has never put a foot wrong, has he?  He always shows up, always behaves appropriately, puts on damn good show of being a family guy.  Vic lucked out finding him as far as I’m concerned. 
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: